Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Folks who train at Columbia, MD school…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    rfc

Folks,

How many of you attend (or live nearby) the Columbia, Maryland KM school?

Maybe we could keep-in touch through this forum. Also, maybe we could meet and practice outside of the school…

-Just a thought.

Regards

RFC (aka: Ray)

brewerm

Re: Folks who train at Columbia, MD school…

I train in Gaithersburg but the instructors down here pretty much wipe me out so I wouldn’t be up for anything outside the gym. Quick question, Ray, does the Columbia school have a store for selling T-shirts? I am looking for the one that says “Pain is weakess leaving the body” but can’t find it. XXl? If you could let me know, I would very much appreciate it.

rfc

quote brewerm:

I train in Gaithersburg but the instructors down here pretty much wipe me out so I wouldn’t be up for anything outside the gym. Quick question, Ray, does the Columbia school have a store for selling T-shirts? I am looking for the one that says “Pain is weakess leaving the body” but can’t find it. XXl? If you could let me know, I would very much appreciate it.

The Columbia shop is very nice and carries a lot of clothing, accessories etc. I’ll be there Saturday and will look for the shirt you want. -Stay tuned.

Ray

PS. I’m really impressed w/the Columbia facility. Clean, well run, organized, and the staff are great… A real credit to this overall cause.

brewerm

I appreciate your looking and am glad to hear that the school is run well. I feel ours is as well. At least I am getting what I came for (and then some) :OhMy:

rfc

quote brewerm:

I appreciate your looking and am glad to hear that the school is run well. I feel ours is as well. At least I am getting what I came for (and then some) :OhMy:

brewerm,

Sorry to say, they do not have that shirt. According to Kim at the front desk, it might be available early next month when they get their next big supply of apparel. I’ll keep looking for it.

Ray

PS: Had a great class this morning. We focused on seven elbow moves.

brewerm

Thanks for the heads up. I would love to have a morning class, I attend MWF 12 noon classes which certainly make the day go by faster and easier. What level are you?

rfc

quote brewerm:

Thanks for the heads up. I would love to have a morning class, I attend MWF 12 noon classes which certainly make the day go by faster and easier. What level are you?

brewerm,

I’m a lowly level 1 and am now going 3x a week (Tue and Thur @ 5:30pm & Sat 9:30am). Have been to about 12 classes and am happy w/my progress so far. It’s starting to feel natural and instinctive and the pieces are first starting to come togehter. I’m not putting myself on a time-frame with this and will take as long as I want to get to the next level. Exercising appropriate caution and restraint as not to injure myself or anyone else seems like the prudent thing to do…

brewerm

I am level I also and hopefully will be ready for the test next month but started 3 months ago so dreadfully out of shape, I thought I might not make it this far. I haven’t quit and don’t intend to. 4 times per week is my schedule and I would go more often if I had the time.

kravmdjeff

RFC and brewerm,

Glad to see you guys posting. I’m Jeff Mount, the general manager of Krav Maga Maryland’s Owings Mills facility. Just wanted to poke my head in and say that it’s great to see you guys on the forums, and if you ever have time, please come up and try a class at Owings Mills…we’d love to have you!

brewerm

I’d love to and look forward to it. Unfortunately I pulled my groin and am trying to rest for at least a few days. Actually you are probably a guy to ask, can you suggest any treatment? and timetable for return? I posted this problem but have gotten almost no feedback. Putting a heating pad on it in the evening and using Motrin.

Are you coming to the MMA fight at the Patriot Center on Saturday?

Brewer McNeil

rfc

Hi Jeff. Thanks for reaching-out to us.

There are two instructors named Jeff at the Columbia gym. Both have black hair and teach many of the classes there. Are you one of those guys or, is there a 3rd Jeff in the mix?

… About visiting the Owings Mills gym… I paid my membership in Columbia. Is it OK to visit the other places? If I swipe my ID, will the system register my visit?

Ray

PS: Had a great class this evening. I was a “odd-man-out” due to class attendance so, I trio’d with two guys who were built like fire plugs. Man, those guys had some serious torque. -Great class.

brewerm

Always good to train with somebody stronger, faster and more agile than me, but that is almost all of the class 🙂

jkk

Try Cafepress.com.

jkk

Glad to see you are monitoring the site Jeff! ;D

steve

Hi, there’s a good chance my job will take me from NoVA to Frederick, MD. Can anyone tell me about the Jeff Gordon academy? I started Krav in February in NoVA and love the place I go and the workout but will be too far once I get to MD.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: