Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Folks who train at Columbia, MD school…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    jkk

Re: Folks who train at Columbia, MD school…

Hey Steve,
    Welcome to Maryland! I spoke with the C.O.O. of Krav Maga MD and he stated that Gordon is an affliate of ours and runs a good program. If you get a chance to come out to Columbia to train let us know. Good luck on the transition.

brewerm

I train at Jeff’s and the main instructor is Otis Berry, very competant but not too serious. They offer 12-1 classes on MWF (mixed levels) so I catch as many of those as I can and a Saturday 10 (for level 1). I have never done any martial arts before so I really don’t have a basis to compare it to but I am happy. Lost 10″ and 45 # in 7 months and feel better than I have in years. Pop in and check out a class if you can.

Brewer McNeil

kravmdmatt

Hey guys (and gals) out there,

This is Matt, one of the instructors at the Columbia facility. Nice to see you posting. I don’t know if any of you have been in any of the classes I’ve taught but feel free to come up and introduce yourself to me when you see me there.

kirk

Hey Jeff, Matt and all my fellow students at Krav Maga MD!! Glad too see everyone here!!

I train at the OM facility, and Jeff correct me if I am wrong but as a memeber you can train at both facilities and get credit toward your overall class count. I don’t know if the system tracks both sites. You guys will start to see me more at the Columbia Facility on a more frequent basis. 😉

prism

I’m pretty (and pleasantly) suprised to see a fairly good amount of activity from this school on a forum like this. I’ve been looking into starting Krav training and the school in Columbia is probably the best bet for me, coming from Annapolis. Seeing activity from both students and instructors here is a great sign.

mikwrigh

Hi guys,

My name is Mike and I train out of Owings Mills. It’s nice to see so many folks from KravMD “representing” on the forum. I’ve had classes from instructors from both Owings Mills and Columbia and each and every one I’ve encountered has been outstanding. You can’t go wrong at either location.

I took my level 2 test with Jeff Mount and he appropriately donned the “Pain is weakness leaving the body” shirt during the test. Although it didn’t feel that way at the time, I suppose the statement is true. :):

talktoazza

quote Steve:

Hi, there’s a good chance my job will take me from NoVA to Frederick, MD. Can anyone tell me about the Jeff Gordon academy? I started Krav in February in NoVA and love the place I go and the workout but will be too far once I get to MD.

I live in N.VA now and have been looking into getting into KM for a long time. Where do you currently train? It would be great to get a first hand review from someone who trains locally.

bjelder

Hey, I will be in Columbia during December, and then summer of ’09 and hopefully I will see you guys there!

rfc

Hey there bjelder… Welcome to the Columbia studio and I look forward to meeting you there. It’s a great place and is my favorite hangout. It’s loaded with really good students and instructors. Just ask for Ray C. when you arrive, chances are, I’ll be there.

johnhowardmd

Hey, just joined the forum, but I’ve been training level 1 in OM for a few months now. Glad to see KM MD has a presence here on the forum.

-John

kirk

Hey Welcome John. I’ll be back in Owings Mills more often now that I am fresh out of Phase. thumbsup

kravmdjeff

Wow…a whole post dedicated to KMMD. Rock on. I haven’t been on in awhile, but figured I’d check it out today. If you haven’t already, make sure to sign up for the long gun seminar on Nov. 23rd via our website. Take care guys!

krav-harp

If I still worked in Columbia (I haven’t for over three years) I probably would have joined the Columbia school. I work and train in DC. My step sister recently joined the Columbia school, and she’s really enjoying her training.

kirk

Awesome glad to hear that she’s enjoying herself! It’s a GREAT facility!

bjelder

Hey all- can’t wait to get back… should be starting up again in the beginning of may!!

Its been a long few months away from krav 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: