Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Got myself a wavemaster today. Best part, the price!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    jl

bob

navy

one thing to remember about BOB….while he stands free the base has to be filled with something(either water, pea gravel, sand) something to hold it down while your kickin’ his ass.

not to jump Jeff’s play, but you have the right idea. the knuckles are in line vertically. like a downward hammerfist.

usnavy-233

\”not to jump Jeff’s play, but you have the right idea. the knuckles are in line vertically. like a downward hammerfist.\”

That’s what I thought, thanks.

I’ve been looking at the BOB’s online and I’ve found there a little more expensive than say a wavemaster set-up. Are they worth the extra cash? I’m seeing the BOB’s for $260-300-ish and the wavemaster for $99-149. I hate to sound cheap but with a wife and two kids….well, sometimes I’m cheap!

anonymous

I paid 199$ for my BOB (without the lower body). I got it at Sportmart. I’d highly recommend it. If you want to work on precision strikes to the nose, eyes etc, this will be much better than the regular wavemaster. But it might still move and bounce, if you are hitting it with power. Mine does, and I am lighter than you are.

usnavy-233

Does sportmart have a website? The best price I’ve found so far has been in a classified and the guy is askng $150 for his which is about 1 year old. I think I’ll se if it’s still available. Thanks.

la-revancha

\”The instructor also mentioned that it might just be because the pads are angles and they ‘take some getting used to’ \”

On the other hand, learning \”how\” to hold the pads also takes a while. Over time, you get to deeply appreciate the value of good pad holders!!

In regards to BOB, you may want to scroll through some of the previous threads on this forum. Questions about BOBs, bags are posted (with subsequent replies) pretty frequently. There is a lot of good advice (pricing, what to fill them with, where to put them in your house).

On that note, does a BOB/banana bag hybrid exist? I could imagine something like a wrestling throwing dummy with BOB’s plastisol skin and a heavy chain for ceiling attachment.

ffdo

Giant

You did REALLY well your first time shooting…. Start slose, know where the bullet is oing WITHOUT the sights…

Bobs rock, but a heavy bag is better for building wrist/knuckle stregth….. If I could only buy one, I would get the bob, in a great world, both…..

Navy, congrats, I truly believe KM is the way to go for SD…. (It is also a hell of a great work out.)

JC

jl

bob

you may find some on e-bay that aren’t too overly expensive…but the guy thats asking a 150 is a good buy if he didn’t ruin it.(not likely)

I filled with sand…easier to keep in the garage in the winter months to workout in the cold a little bit. Wisconsin weather makes it so. If you live in a warm climate I would go with H2O, it will hold it’s ground better when your wailin’ on him.
    this is the best thing to purchase IMHO, for concentrated and precision strikes.

Hope this helps you!!! Kepp us up to date on your progress! 🙂

anonymous

Yep, i did really well. Hitting a tiny, almost invisible cable on the ceiling from about 30 feet away with one shot – just the way I had planned it – was some pretty amazing shooting… 😉

usnavy-233

\”If you live in a warm climate I would go with H2O, it will hold it’s ground better when your wailin’ on him.\”

I’m in a cold environment to some degree (Northern VA) but it will be used and stored in a climate controlled space so I’ll probably go with water. I’ll let you know what I wind up going with, wavemaster or bob.

\”Hitting a tiny, almost invisible cable on the ceiling from about 30 feet\”

That’s accuracy!! 😉 Now if you could just do that consistently, you’ll have the precision down!

anonymous

Re:

quote \”usnavy_233\:

Gotcha.
    \”Bigger they are, harder they fall\” Truer words were never spoken.

I think people take this out of context. I always took it to mean \”The bigger they are, the harder it is to make them fall\”

A good little man will rarely beat a good big man…

usnavy-233

I guess it really depends. I’ll agree that with two people of equal skill in the same art, size will give you an edge. However, regardless of size, speed, or experience level, there are still certain unavoidable factors that come into play. For example, whether youíre a 125-pound computer geek or a 265-pound judo expert, if I crush your kneecap, you ARE going to fall. Granted, experience comes into play in that if I have no clue what I’m doing you may be able to successfully defend against my crushing your kneecap. I’d put it this way; the most important factor is skill, seconded by determination, followed by size and strength. That’s my personal opinion of course, but I’ve seen it proven true multiple times.

jjbklb

Filling it with sand gave it a heavier base than with water.
    Also,my BOB sits on a poured concrete floor;very slick.There is a soft rubbery mesh that is sold to put between a mattress & box-spring to keep the mattress from sifting position.A piece of this under BOB helps.

usnavy-233

I’ve heard allot of people comment about putting a pad under their bob/wavemaster, etc. I’ll have mine in my fully finsihed basement which has thick carpeting. I would think that would keep it pretty stable. Anyone else have any experience with carpet?

anonymous

I’ve got mine on a carpet and it still bounces. It’s not a very thick carpet, though. Maybe putting it onto a soft mat would work better, but I haven’t tried that.

And yes, of course, I could have repeated that shot anytime – but then they made us pay about 40 bucks for the cable and so I decided to just hit/miss the real target instead! 😉

usnavy-233

Hmm, I guess I’ll have to invest in a mat just to be on the safe side. Thanks. BTW, Happy New Year everyone!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: