Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Got myself a wavemaster today. Best part, the price!!

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

You can get some cheap puzzle mat at Wal-Mart I think it’s around $17 for a set of 4. I got mine about 2 years ago, they were in the exercise equipment dept near sporting goods.

karlhungus

I got mine from Lowes. I think they were 15 for 4.

usnavy-233

Sounds good. Thanks guys.

kravmdjeff

Usnavy, the guy who commented earlier was right about my point on the punch.

jl

bob

navy,

I went and found some material they sell to put under a throw rug if you have hardwood floors. It keeps the carpet from moving. I put this material under the base and it holds real well. You can find it almost anywhere (wal-mart, k-mart, target, etc.) It’s cheap and you can cut it to the size you want and hold onto the rest for use later. Hope it helps.

usnavy-233

Jeff,
    Thanks. I think it was more the pads than my punch but none the less, I appreciate the input. After four classes I have an injury of some kind on 6 of my ten fingers! Mostly blisters on my right fingers (between the middle knuckle and the finger tip) from the pad smacking across them while I’m holding it for someone else. I guess I’ve got to give my hands a little time to tuffen up. I got some wraps today which I’m sure we’ll help allot when it comes to the little scrapes and blisters. All in all I’m learning allot and having a great time. And since I’m going three times a week, the learning curve is very high.

JL,
    That sounds good. Do you recall if it had a particular name? Thanks.

jl

bob

Navy,

I believe it’s called a carpet mat. I’m not sure….but if you go in and describe what it is you’re looking for I’m sure you’ll find it. Bed Bath and Beyond is also a place to look. Let me know if no joy was experienced.

Hand wraps..and knuckle gloves(bag gloves). You do need to use hand wraps and if your hands are still getting ripped up use a pr. of knuckle gloves. I use mine on the heavy and speed bag. In class strictly wraps. It may prevent an injury….(if you’re injured you can’t train) whatever keeps you in training is what is paramount.

usnavy-233

Well, I got myself a Wavemaster today. And the best part, it was free! I got it off of freecycle. It’s in great shape and I didn’t realize they can be adjusted to be so tall. The top of the pad comes just below the top of my head and the bottom of the pad is right at my groin, perfect height for realistic training. Now all I need is some sand and a nice piece of carpet mat and I’m is business.
    -Walt

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: