Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Help Krav Maga help others!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    kravmdjeff

Hey everyone…Krav Maga Maryland is building a team for a Polar Bear Plunge fundraiser. 2500 participants (including myself and Bryan Inagaki at KM in Columbia) will be jumping into the Chesapeke Bay January 28th to raise money for the Special Olympics. We are doing it as a school and several students have already jumped on board.

If it’s at all possible, please go here to donate to help Krav Maga Maryland raise money for Special Olympics:

http://www.somdplunge.kintera.org

thanks everyone!

anonymous

Polar Bear plunge!! Just my kind of thing! What is the water temperature going to be? Is this your first cold water plunge? Enjoy! 😀

clfmak

There’s a polar bear club where I live, but in San Diego its just not that impressive.

The fund raiser is awesome, by the way. Its great when martial artists help the community. I’ll try to donate.

anonymous

Hmmmm, all you need to do is get your toes wet? They don’t recommend going in past chest level? C’mon guys, don’t be shy, upper body, head ‘n all. If the Russians can do it, so can you! 😆

johnl-d11

Back in college, it’s a tradtion to jump in a pond called Mirror Lake on the thursday before the Ohio State – Michigan game.. The year I jumped in, it was about 35 out and 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. Coldest damn thing I’ve ever felt. 😆 Good luck! I’ll check out the fundage and try to donate a few.

anonymous

In some countries, they actually cut holes into frozen ponds and jump in there. Talk about cold! 🙁

kravmdjeff

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Hmmmm, all you need to do is get your toes wet? They don’t recommend going in past chest level? C’mon guys, don’t be shy, upper body, head ‘n all. If the Russians can do it, so can you! 😆

Giant, I’m sure you know that us Krav Maga folks are going to go a bit more gung-ho than that.

It’s not recommended to go above chest level for five minutes or more. I’m going full-in, and getting right back out.

Also, one of our students who can’t participate for medical reasons offered to grab the beer to warm us up afterwards.

anonymous

Alright KravMDjeff, I’ll be rooting for you! But why a cold beer to warm up? 😕 How about a nice hot coffee drink instead? 😀

kravmdjeff

Actually, after bartending for 4 years, I’d recommend a room-temp shot of 100 proof liquor. But, then again, whose counting???

anonymous

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

Actually, after bartending for 4 years, I’d recommend a room-temp shot of 100 proof liquor. But, then again, whose counting???

Actually booze opens the pores causing the you to lose bodyheat at faster rate.

BTW, how did your dips go?

anonymous

Maybe you should drink that shot of 100 proof liquor BEFORE you take off all of your clothes on a freezing day and jump into the icy bay, you may need it… 😉

And then have the hot coffee after!! 😀

kravmdjeff

Haven’t done it yet…January 28th.

leftie79

Good luck, you all are crazy but doing it for a good cause! I congratulate you for that. No way I could do it.

kravmdjeff

My ancestors used to wage war in the middle of winter in mini-skirts (kilts)…2 minutes of freezing water, I think we’ll be fine.

anonymous

Mini skirts?? Sounds like your ancestors may have been ‘girliemen’…. 😆 😆 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: