Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How long does it take for body to acclimate to grueling workouts?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Re: How long does it take for body to acclimate to grueling workouts?

One more link about the Israeli breakfast.

http://kosherfood.about.com/od/kosherisraelifood/p/israelbreakfast.htm

celtickm

Just a follow up. I used this

http://www.onacademy.co.uk/gold-standard-100-whey

after Krav this week and there was a really massive difference in my recover time!! The next few days werent that painful at all unlike before and it was a very intense class.

Hope it wasnt just a coincidence but if not i am taking this every time from now on.

catapult

I saw an interview of Michael Phelps on TV. He’s in Colorado Springs, training 5 hours a day for the London Olympics. He says the most important thing is to eat within 30 minutes after every training session and he praised the center for the great food they have available any hour of the day. I don’t think he’s into exotic protein drinks or any of that. He just eats real food — some carbs, some protein, some veggies, not too much fat.

bear34

quote catapult:

I saw an interview of Michael Phelps on TV. He’s in Colorado Springs, training 5 hours a day for the London Olympics. He says the most important thing is to eat within 30 minutes after every training session and he praised the center for the great food they have available any hour of the day. I don’t think he’s into exotic protein drinks or any of that. He just eats real food — some carbs, some protein, some veggies, not too much fat.

His recovery drink is Carnation Instant Breakfast.

celtickm

I have tried a full steak dinner and also meals like 2 bananas, brown bread and lots of milk but I was still feeling pain two days after! As I said it may be a coincidence that the Whey shake seemed to make a huge difference to my muscle tightness this week so I will try it again next week after Krav and maybe report back again. First impressions are good though to be honest.

Also just to point out this isnt just the case that I have all of a sudden just got fit enough to deal with the workout as I havent been going long and this was my first class back after two weeks off so I was expecting to be in serious pain the following days which I seemed to avoid thank god!

d-f

In terms of hydration, I’ve had better results with recovery if I pre-hydrate (i.e., drink a fair amount of water before class, rather than after). Generally speaking, if you wait until you’re thirsty then you’re already dehydrated.

I second the point about drinking/eating recovery food as soon as possible after workout. I drink a monster milk religiously after every class. I’m no nutrition scientist, but it seems intuitively right that getting protein and other healthy recovery materials into your system ASAP can only help.

Finally, I think the recovery period slows with the more training you do. It seems like most folks in this thread are mixing in KM with weight training. I gave up weight training when I started KM. Now I train Krav 4 times a week, often for 2hr at a time, and I don’t feel that I’ve lost any strength. Our classes feature lots of plyometric exercises, which are a different but also effective way to build or at least maintain muscle, and by focusing more on KM I’ve been able to develop my skill set by doing more reps. Just a personal preference, of course.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: