Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How many jewish ppl here?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    jl

GV
    Walking across the border would take a bit, I’m in UW ‘ville ala Mad Town, beer drinking capital of all Universities. I went to FT. Sheridan a year ago and saw what was happening. My brother is buried in the Cemetary there, was a little worried that they would do something to screw things up but they left the place alone. Vietnam sucked, no? I also spent some time in the trades roofing houses on Half Day rd. not too far from Barat college. I’m glad you made it through North Chicago without losing any limbs or money! 😆 Place is not for the meek. Anyway lets keep in touch and I’ll see if I can stop by and see you in the future here when things lighten up for you a bit. Cool?

g-v

Cool.

North chicago, the housing projects in chicago, the lovely near south suburbs of chicago, I worked all them places.

The first time I went into the robert taylor homes, I was working with this dude that’s been on the job a bit. We pull up, and he starts yanking off his wedding band, watch, the chain around his neck…and he’s a black dude! I was like, I’m fucked! I lived to tell the tale, though. 😆

jl

😆 😆 😆
    As I said not as place for the meek or under-educated about the area. I was a member of the boxing club that used to be located just down the street across from the Naval Station. We were a little nervous when night fell and we still had to make it out of there to the north, stop lights and stop signs were always optional…. 😉 Keep me posted on your Dad, I hope all works out for him. JL

clfmak
    quote :

We were a little nervous when night fell and we still had to make it out of there to the north, stop lights and stop signs were always optional….

There’s parts of Brasil where you just flash your brights at intersections at night- kidnappers and such.

veganmark

Guys and Gals,

With all due respect, how did we get away from the initial question that was posted? I thought this was a thread about judaism?

jl

Veganmark,
    What’s up dude? There are Jews in North Chicago 😯 ….not!
    OK back to the original thread.

veganmark

🙂 Thanks JL.

g-v

Re:

quote \”veganmark\:

Guys and Gals,

With all due respect, how did we get away from the initial question that was posted? judaism?

Veggie Dude, if I had a nickel for everytime someone posted ‘I thought this was a thread about…’ on this board, well, I’d have way more change in my pocket. 😆

maskedkat

I’m agnostic, raised half-assed (Christmas and Easter) Presbyterian, but my first job was bussing tables at a Kosher deli. My brother’s Jewish. We have a seriously Irish last name, and it was a scream seeing \”O’Sullivan Bar Mitzvah\” outside the banquet room at the Embassy Suites when my nephew turned 13.

jl

An agonstic with a Jewish bro’? Say what? 😕

kravmdjeff

From what I’ve been told, being \”Jewish\” can refer to a set of religious beliefs, an ethnic heritage, and every sort of combination of the two imaginable. Seems like there’s sharp disagreement within the Jewish community about how to answer that question. With that in mind, it’s perfectly understandable to claim to be an agnostic Jew.

maskedkat

We have no ethnic claim to Judaism. My brother converted to Judaism when he got engaged to a Jewish woman.

jl

MKat
    I think it shows a lot of character for your bro’ to convert for the sake of his spouse. Go Bro’ 🙂

kravjeff

GV – Sorry to hear about your dad – Prayers your way …

I’m going to be in Chicago next week – How does the Buffalo Grove location feel about \”drop in\” students? Would love to get some training in while I’m there and can’t figure out where to go – I’m staying at the Marriott \”Miracle Mile\” any suggestions?

Thanks,
    KJ

g-v

Re:

quote \”kravjeff\:

GV – Sorry to hear about your dad – Prayers your way …

I’m going to be in Chicago next week – How does the Buffalo Grove location feel about \”drop in\” students? Would love to get some training in while I’m there and can’t figure out where to go – I’m staying at the Marriott \”Miracle Mile\” any suggestions?

Thanks,
    KJ

Thanks, dude.

Jeff, aside from pow gym, your closest location is dk’s place over there on Touhy. But, you’re welcome to give bert a buzz at bgma (847-215-8333) to see about getting some transient training in. I gotta warn ya, it would be a haul getting up there from the city.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: