Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Hwa Rang Do "diss" on KM

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    russell

Re: Hwa Rang Do "diss" on KM

look close at the 2.05 point he(the master) is droping down to grab the leg while the man still has the bat, i would swing the bat down and break his back

im not one to disrespect any style or art but i say to each his own and good luck in what ever you do, but i’m sticking with krav

besides i dont want to change my gamer tag from kravdude to hwarangdo dude

kirk

Russell send me a friends invite: SERious02 (ps3 tag) Not that I am on a lot these days.

nate

I think Mario and James hit the nail on the head…

I love that TMAs have to compare to Krav or talk smack about each other as being a more effective fighting style. Every person I’ve ever met who studies any kind of self defense form believes what they study is the best, but now starting to see schools try to prove their forms more effective than Krav is just ridiculous, like arguing on the grade school playground on who’s got the best dad.

And regarding that video, the most glaring thing I saw – anytime you drop down to go for someone’s legs, you’re lookin at knees, headstomps, a visit to your teeth by steel toed boots … doesn’t make much sense.

evo8

That is a weird advertisement. I browsed the website further and noticed that they compare Hwa Rang Do to a bunch of other martial arts as well, not just Krav. here’s what they write about BJJ:

“Ask yourself this… In a Fight, Do You Really Want to Go to the Ground, Scrape Your Elbows & Mess Up Your Clothes?
    What If You Have to Face Multiple Attackers?”

Haha, i like the part about messing up your clothes.

I actually live close to the West LA school. My buddy attended for about a year. He said the instructors were cool, but the stuff he was learning wasn’t anything mind blowing. Lots of kicking like Tae Kwon Do. They do teach ground techniques, but they don’t practice submissions during sparring, just positioning. After he got a few belts be quit because he didn’t want to start learning jump kicks. He said he was too old for that.

maddogmean

“Ask yourself this… Do you really want to keep the attacker armed during a fight?”

clfmak

quote nate:

And regarding that video, the most glaring thing I saw – anytime you drop down to go for someone’s legs, you’re lookin at knees, headstomps, a visit to your teeth by steel toed boots … doesn’t make much sense.

Not necessarily- a proper takedown doesn’t invite all of this mayhem to the head and it is extremely brief. However, the Hwa Rang Do varieties don’t necessarily do this so well.

nate

quote CLFMak:

Not necessarily- a proper takedown doesn’t invite all of this mayhem to the head and it is extremely brief. However, the Hwa Rang Do varieties don’t necessarily do this so well.

Yeah don’t get me wrong – I’m not calling out ALL takedown techniques.

I just think when someone is holding a weapon right over your head and you bend down to pick up their ankle (without shooting in / taking them off balance), it’s probably not the best idea. But hey, I’m not a HRD master, so what do I know? Maybe that technique is amazing. :Surprised:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Why did I not check this thread earlier? That was some funny stuff!!!

jl

I dunno people!!!!! I think this is a huge success for the Krav community as a whole. We should be grateful to the folks at Hwa Rand DO for such a informative and insightful advertisement. If you continue to read down the list below the portion where they start to describe KM, you couldn’t ask for a better endorsement. In fact, throughout the descrptions of the techniques used on the video, you see as in Krav Maga. Remeber that the biggest form of flattery is for someone to compare themselves to you. I hope that more TMA’s realise that Krav Maga has a place at the table in RBSD and other applications.(military, LEO’s etc.)

As for the video, we all can pick out some things that don’t look quite up to snuff, but then so could they if they had a video that could be played back and picked apart. So let’s not get in the habit of dispelling all that they show. Some things I liked, and some I did not like. But that is the way of most systems. I’ll just stick with Krav and hppe that someday all the others will join us in the Krav world!!! We should embrace them each and every one;)

JL

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

OK, as soon as I stop laughing

jl

sorry about the crappy spelling….fingers too big for keys!!! damn machine!!!!!

jl

I know Sean, but it is good for the heart to laugh often and loudly. SO maybe that is their intent. But they give a huge reason why their students should look to KM as a point for realistic training. And for that I say to them Thank you Hwa Rang DO for the endorsement!

don

quote CJs Dad:

OK, as soon as I stop laughing

Stop Laughing, you’re making me laugh too! :angry: rofl2

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

In all seriousness putting aside the HRD vrs KM comments, from a marketing perspective what a huge FUBAR move. Someone clearly missed the concept meeting.

psyops

Yup,

That’s why I said it was all too weird. It does not make any sense from a business stand point. “Krav Maga is a great system and we are just like them, sort of”. WTF??? Weird!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: