Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    emil

Christian(La Revancha on the forum) is our top ranked instructor at KMDC. Here’s his foray into Judo. He won 7 matches that day in a row, and was promoted straight from white to blue. We’re all very proud of his accomplishments in these endeavors.
    Go Team Borracho ❗
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search=christian+judo&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

kmtakinkm

Great stuff and congrats to Christian.

Having never watched much Judo I was surprised to see how much \”grappling\” there is.

emil

you mean grappling on the ground? It’s always been a part of Judo, especially pre-WW2. However for a various reasons it’s taken a back seat to the stand up grappling(throws) in recent history. So the rules were changed and often the amound of time the ref allows on the ground to get a submission is limited. Some will stand you up right away, others will let you work something for a few seconds. It’s definitely hard to set up a \”chess match\” like in BJJ or sub wrestling. Having said that there are still many international level judoka whose newaza skills are very good. If anything they are very fast, since the time is limited. In Japan and Russia, much time is spent training all aspects of the game.

g-v

Re: Judo Maga

Alright! Tre coolio for Revancha. 😛

kmtakinkm

I did meant on the ground and thank you for the clarification!

noonian

Impressive! First it took me a while to figure out which fighter he was (because you mentioned \”from white to blue\”, I first assumed he was the guy with the white belt. But when the white belt guy was a)losing and b)someone else in the next fight, it became clear. Even to me!), but then: nice!!!
    Good control over his opponent, nice Kumi-Kata (especially given that Krav doesn’t use Gis), great use of the armbar (Juji-Gatame in fight one and even more impressive in the fifth fight) and I loved the Yoko-Otoshi in the second fight!! 😀

Congrats, La Revancha, that was really cool!!

anonymous

Throwing around Judo expressions, huh? noonian, you big show off!

Team Borracho? I guess that explains everything. Cien por ciento tequila in tha house! 😆

Haven’t seen the video yet. I’ll check it out tomorrow maybe. Damn, I need to get DSL. Perdoname, compadre, pero felicitaciones!

noonian

Oh, come on, GK! Let me have some fun!! No jealousy please!! 😉

anonymous

Quiet! Or I’ll slap an oma plata on you! 😈

clfmak

Well, that certainly explains the avatar.

anonymous

Okay, I haven’t watched all of the fights yet, but looks like he already has his blue belt in all of them and the guys he is fighting are white belts. At what point was he promoted from white to blue? 😕

emil

during the tournaments they all got to choose between a white belt and a blue belt regardless of rank. it was to make the judging easier. even some of the black belts wore either white or blue.

jl

La Rev,
    awesome balance and use of the GI…congrats on the blue belt 😉

anonymous

Choose their belts? Weird. Where’s Revancha by the way? Or is he too modest to post on this thread? 8)

psyops

Re:

quote \”Emil\:

during the tournaments they all got to choose between a white belt and a blue belt regardless of rank. it was to make the judging easier. even some of the black belts wore either white or blue.

This is a classic \”dojo\” trick. Schools will often have higher ranking students participate in tournaments with lower belts around their waists. This is an attempt to get trophies!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: