Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Keysi Fighting Method

• This topic has 41 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ryan.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Re: Keysi Fighting Method

Got a response email from Grek, an ambassador from KFM. Not looking good for KFM hitting more than a couple of cities here and there in the USA for a long time. Which, forgive me, an opinion only, and based purely on business bottom line, seems crazy when you’ve got one of the hottest and most covered fighting styles in recent years. These guys would be much better served to spread their message/philosophy/style by striking while the iron is hot. Instead, the perception (for me anyway) seems to be that they’re not in any hurry to get this style out to the world. The email I received mentions a 3 year min to become an ambassador for them. That seems like any awfully long time to train someone to teach the method.

seeq-qc

yeah…..KFM gets “The Dark Knight” as a vehicle and Krav gets “Enough”…. :rolleyes:

sfolk

From their website, there are a few places in the US now offering classes: http://www.keysikfm.com/schools.php

Schools in Dallas, Atlanta, Gaithersergburg MD and Syrna and Newark delaware.

saruotoko

quote seeq_QC:

yeah…..KFM gets “The Dark Knight” as a vehicle and Krav gets “Enough”…. :rolleyes:

I think we can also get a little love from “Dark Knight.” Anyone know when we opened up that Krav Maga school in Gotham City? Looks like a couple of characters from the film went to a gun seminar. 🙂

fdiaz05

i’ve purchased a few of the vids and I see a bit of practicality in the method but as with everything there are holes in any martial art. I like it nonetheless. If you use it as a piece of the puzzle not just the one method to solely base your practice on it looks to serve well. I for one love to practice the traditional stuff and the new stuff like Krav, or this KFM just to see the evolution of martial arts. All of them evolved from some form of fighting from when we were monkeys and threw our own poop all them millions of years ago allegedly. haha

seeq-qc

My thought was to use KM as my base and employ a few KFM techniques if an opponent(s) were able to get to into ultra close quarters. my concern is that KM allows you to cover and protect so well where in contrast at least to me the standard thinking man type positioning of KFM feels like it leaves the entire core open and rather defenseless. I know you can still protect by bending to the side, but that isn’t very instinctive. i see lots of potential for it as part of the puzzle as someone else intimated.

All I know is that Tom Cruise was trained in it for Mission Impossible 2, also Christan Bale
    for Batman. They are taking advatage of the recent use of their style in the movies, to Market their school here in the US. Nothing wrong with that. Krav does that as well.

blindfold

Well the guy who started this program is having a 2 1/2 hour seminar this weekend that I will be attending. Hopefully I can find something out. It looks very interesting and it would just be another helpful thing to know.

My problem with Keysi.

The creators completely lie about the history of the style…claim that it was born on the streets of spain on the one creators b-day… I guess they won’t mention there training with Dan Inosanto. Anyone that knows Filipino Martial Arts can clearly see that in there movements. It has alot of similarities to Pangamut or Panantukan which is the empty hands in most Kali styles. Although Keysi goes a little heavy on the elbow entries which would not be to good if a weapon is involved… maybe that is where the protective suit would come in handy 🙂

There whole marketing strategy is to say that it’s the style used by a comic book superhero.

I get a monthly email asking if I want to do a seminar and become an instrucor in the style Christian Bale says is a highly effective combat art….What does he know about highly effective combat arts?

KFM is just another money making art capitilizing on ignorance.

Of course, I’d have to see more of it to make up my mind that it’s a waste of time. But my thought is that it looked fairly effective in some scenarios, mostly close quarters. Personally, I guess I don’t see anything with all elbow work used in the style. But, then again, I’m kinda partial to them in KM, too.

tbbfan76

From what I heard there are two guys one is Spanish (founder) and One is English (co-Founder). Apparently the Spanish guy was in and out of prison and grew up on the streets. He developed this style so the he could survive in prison and on the streets. I think the English guy is the marketing behind everything. He is an instructor as well though.

In and out of prison? I gotta get a marketing team like they have.

Just curious, but do you have a hate on for these guys or something? I know you thinik it’s a waste of time, but some of us think learning any style, even something that might not be as effective as some other styles, can lead to a better understanding of the art of self defense and self awareness.

I don’t have a hate for them personally… It is just as I said in my first post about them, that they lie about the history of it.

I don’t have respect for people who train with someone, or train in a particular style and then say that it was completely created by themselves through street fights.

If they came out with the truth and said that it is an FMA based style I would have respect for them.

Fair enough. And agreed. If they’re lying about the style’s origins, then they do themselves and their art a disservice.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: