Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Keysi Fighting Method

• This topic has 41 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ryan.
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    traveler

Re: Keysi Fighting Method

Attended seminar this past weekend with the founder from Spain. Very interesting just like anything else some things work for some people some don’t. There were some extremely fierce offenses both inside and out along with level changes demonstrated. I saw some things that reminded me of Kung Fu Sansoo out in Cali, some other things that looked like Silat. To be honest I don’t really care where or who it came from only if it will work for me. I’d say it’s worth giving the time of day to, if you only had seen the clips on the internet I would agree it looks like a lot of elbows and that’s it. I’d like to see some more possibly pick up some usable techniques or ideas. Still loving Krav though not ready to trade it in, it’s keeping me in shape and outa trouble.

blanker

theres a class near me that teaches a mix if this keysi fighting method and ju jitsu and as krav maga and ju jitsu are about 70% the same i think it should be a good thing.

tech94

this is similar to PFS jeet kune do concepts technique for interception. in paul vunaks RAT we are taught to cover and essentially form a triangle and use the elbow to intercept the incoming punch. this is an elbow destruction. we also us the knee to block some incoming low line kicks. this then open up to pressure and clinch and then headbutts, knees and elbows. this kfm technique doesnt seem to have any kick defenses either. if someone steps in on you then your hands constantly being so high block your vision and can let attacker get lowline kicks and knee strikes in on you. its instinctive to cover up, we see this in training and boxing, but this is basically cover up,point elbows and run into your attacker. seem kind of incomplete from the limited videos seen.

blanker

i checked out keysi last night and was very pleased with it.

the thinking man guard is brilliant and gets you into the pocket very quickly, most of the drills we did was getting in close and taking your oponents blind side and then finishing with a take down or strikes.

i will be training in this as i think it will complent my krev training alot as thay are different but very similar aswell.

seeq-qc

Just another Keysi sighting: Mission Impossible 3, when Ethan Hunt is fighting with Owen Davian near the end. I’ve watched the movie before but never made the connection. The movie came out in 2006 which I guess makes second use of KFM in a movie fight sequence. Still very interested in incorporating KFM for ultraclose quarters combat. thumbsup

tech94

yeah actually i watched MI3 in theaters and watched it again last night on TNT and saw that he did use it towards the end while ethan was holding his head presumably from the inplanted device in his head

aristotelian

What exactly is “trapping” and “take-downs”. When of there instructors e-mail me when I asked about there grappling and they said they start teching “trapping” and “take downs” right away. Is trapping grappling? are “take-downs” throws?

tech94

trapping comes from the jun fan gung fu influence. these guys were inosanto students and so they have some trapping hands techniques derived from jkdc. trapping techniques are techniques that protect the cnterline when an incoming attack is blocked. basically Trapping is the momentary immobilization of your opponent’s offensive or defensive structure facilitate your striking

clfmak

Like Combative Edge said- when I see it, I think panantukan, and would be very surprised if there wasn’t elements of it in KFM.

blanker

kfm is 100% the empty hand side of escrima including the trapping element imo

quote Ryan:

There are elements that are very good. Almost all of the entries are off of high covers (Dutch covers, helmet, crazy monkey, thinking man, whatever.) This is a great (and relatively instinctive) way to do things if there is no knife involved, which is of course the problem.

I didn’t see any weapon work, but it is a part of the system. I am going to do a bit more with them, and I will be happy to report back here.

Could somebody please explain to me what are high covers, and specifically those mentioned here?

How are they utilized in a fight? What other “entries” are there? And how is this affected by the presence of a knife?

ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3XgLEkNQo&feature=related

I think this video will answer your questions as to what high covers are and how knife attacks would be a problem.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: