Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    kirsten

Re: Kick Defenses

Sure, but make sure its not a sweep if you do that… and that your front kick gets there in time. Just a thought.

jaspthecat

quote Sunstar:

How about this: defend a round kick with a front kick. The front kick should get there before the opponents round kick (hopefully?) and take a lot of the steam out of a round kick. For a front kick, check or pary with the front leg and once the front leg comes down, kick with the back leg.

Front kick or ‘teep’ to the inside of the thigh of the striking leg is a technique I sometimes use in Muay Thai.

You have to be damn quick though to pull it off and it’s sometimes just easier and quicker to meet the strike with the blade of your shin of your ‘mirror image’ leg.

If the kick is a bit higher (ie mid-section) then do the same but bring your elbow down to protect your ribs.

If it’s head height use your elbow to block.

sunstar

Okay, how about bursting in? You’re going to get kicked, but probably not as hard as just blocking it. I’m thinking of something along the lines of a punch with advance. :dunno:

jaspthecat

quote Sunstar:

Okay, how about bursting in? You’re going to get kicked, but probably not as hard as just blocking it. I’m thinking of something along the lines of a punch with advance. :dunno:

Ha, ha yes that works well. (depending on the experience of the opponent).

They are usually so busy looking at where their kick landed and whether it hurt you that they don’t see the right cross coming in and by the time they do it’s landed on their chin.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: