Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    veganmark

Ok guys & gals. Not trying to start a debate or anything. Just curious if anyone has heard of the Krav Maga Federation? I was searching for km casual wear and came across KM Federation. Is this another attempt to capitalize on the success that Darren and John have had with Krav Maga Worldwide?

giant-killer

That’s another KM organization that is based in New York. It has existed for quite some time. They have a forum, too, so you could do some research there if you want to know more.

anonymous

yeah i came across them, too. lol whats next, km enterprises?

there’s actually a video on the site. pretty interesting…i can’t make a judgement call seeing as i just started 😳 what do you thinkl?

btw whats with grand master haim zut? i saw it on that site and looked him up on wikipedia…he’s a 10th dan?

kravmagainc.com

moti-y

I had not heard of the KM Federation. I looked at their website–which seemed impressive enough. Then I read through their forum. There’s one guy, Dior, who seems to think he’s an expert on everything–he even mocks Mr. Whitman and Mr. Levine and their abilities. He made a lot of nasty remarks about the new Krav Maga book. Then I looked at their \”affiliate\” school list. They list places around the country that offer an hour a week of Krav. That’s a school? Maybe they offer fantastic instruction, but a bad \”smell\” comes off the whole website.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”moti y\:

There’s one guy, Dior, who seems to think he’s an expert on everything–he even mocks Mr. Whitman and Mr. Levine and their abilities.

That probably isn’t much different than anywhere else when it comes to business. Praise yourself, slam the competition. I’m sure K Fed has good people dedicated to training just like what we’re used to. 😀

stevetuna

Imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery. Iím not sure where jealousy ranks on the flattery scale. 8)

I say stick with a winner. Krav Maga Worldwide has brought this amazing art to America. They strive to keep their instructor certification at the highest levels. They demand high standards. They are constantly looking to update their techniques and to disseminate improvements to the instructors.

There will always be a lower bidder. Look around ñ itís easy to find a martial arts school that will give you a black belt in six months. If thatís what someoneís looking for, more power to them. For me, Iíll stick with the organization that has integrity.

jewishammer

clearly you are all ill informed. has any one of you trained with KM federation?

i’ve been with them for a year. the training is excellent. i have trained in muay thai and in jiu jitsu, and finally found krav maga federation…and i am VERY happy here.

say what you will, that you don’t like us, that our mothers wear combat boots, whatever. please don’t make outragious claims that you obviously made up…a black belt in 6 months…try 10 years, give or take. the integrity instilled in my instructors and the school as a whole is, as far as i know, unblemished and
    top notch.

if you really want to trade insults, i could talk about your instructor \”certifications\”…but i honestly think we all have to agree to disagree.

ryan

JH, could you please show me the insults? On your forum, you state \”check out their forum if you want to see disrespectful banter towards us.\” Are you kidding me? This thread is much more cordial and respectful than similar ones on the KMF forum. You even misquote and misrepresent posts from this forum on your own forum.

\”if you really want to trade insults, i could talk about your instructor \”certifications\”…but i honestly think we all have to agree to disagree.\”

In that case, why bother posting here at all? I mean, on your forum, you claim not to care, but then you come on here to perpetuate this madness.

To each his own. John and Darren, unlike the heads of your organization, aren’t on a public forum bashing other organizations or the leaders of those organizations, so I have no idea what your gripe is.

ryan

I know I should let this go, but I just can’t. I don’t aim to be disrespectful, as I’ve never heard of these guys, other than Rhon, but I just can’t sit idly by watch them slander and misrepresent the truth.

This guy, Dror, is apparently the president of KMF. The others on the forum give Darren Levine a hard time about being a lawyer, and one even questions his abilities as such (why this is relevant to KM, I have no idea.) Well, it turns out that Dror is a divorce lawyer. For those who don’t know, Darren is a deputy district attorney for Los Angeles county, with a 100% conviction rate (70+ cases, I believe.) He serves on a unit known as C.A.P.O.S. (Crimes Against Peace Officers Section) that only prosecutes murders or attempted murders of police officers.

Take care.

jewishammer

why post here? i dont know. who doesn’t like a good argument….

maybe you’re right…I shouldn’t have a battle of wits with those who are unarmed…but maybe i’ll humor them….:D

this is my gripe: we are a small fish in a big pond that gets pissed off whenever we get picked on. i’m responding to a slue of remarks that i found disrespectful and, more importantly, completely untrue. if you read the post to which you refer in the other forum more carefully, you would understand this.

John and Darren may not be on the forum bashing our or other organizations…speaking of which, when is the last time you saw darren? does he teach at your school?…but they have done some things outisde of the forum that can be considered extremely disrespectful and downright offensive.

I cannot speak for Dror. However, I can say that although you may not have liked his posts, nothing he said wasn’t true. what can i say…truth hurts…

moti-y

Jewish Hammer-
    You must learn to read more carefully. \”SteveTuna\” did NOT say or imply that KMfederation offers quick blackbelts. I believe he was referring to the MacDojo idea whereby one signs up with the ‘guarantee’ that he or she will become a blackbelt in some pre-determined period of time.

I can guarantee that what you know about LA’s certification programs comes to you from sources within KMfederation who have a vested interest in trying to undermine confidence in the National Training Center and in the LA instructors. It is best to do your own true research and not rely on the words of people with the bone to pick. In other words, as you yourself said, try not to make those \”outragious claims that you obviously made up\”.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

And my .02

Yes, I saw Darren teach 4 classes on Tuesday and I think he will probably do 3 tonight. Anyone whos ever had the chance to see him teach will tell you heís one of the most dynamic instructors they have seen in any system.

As far as the instructor certification courseÖ your way off base. But then you probably only know what you heard and you probably heard it from people who have never done it.

I understand your loyalty to your school and its instructors I canít fault you for that but I think it would be wise to keep an open mind.

giant-killer

Whoops, now this whole thing has spilled over to this place?

Hmmm, basically in that thread Dror Bikel claimed that John and Darren weren’t qualified to write a KM book, because they had a \”lack of training experience\”. They also took the cover of the book apart, claiming the knee John gives in the stick defense is too high and deriving from that that we might teach little old ladies to knee to the gut instead of the groin. I tried to set the record straight on both things.

Obviously, there are some legal issues going on between the various organizations, so they probably don’t have much interest in John and Darren’s book succeeding, hence the bashing.

jewishammer

moti y, you are absolutely right. i should not rely on what others have told me and I should do my own research, seek out information straight from the source. and that I have — once again members of KMWW are claiming untrue things (see: \”i can guarantee that what you know about la’s certification programs comes to you from sources within KMFederation…\”). obviously, you can’t guarantee this.

to be true to my earlier post, i won’t post now what i was told when i emailed KMWW directly and asked about how a person with no martial arts training can, and has, become an instructor. but i have emailed them and what i say is based on what i was told by KMWW, not KMFederation (in other words, i refused to take my school’s word for it and found out for myself).

to each his own, that is fine with me. just don’t spread untrue and unsourced lies about a fine organization that not only promises high quality instruction (at ALL levels), but delivers just that. oh right, and don’t sue us.

anyway, in a purely curious and, i assure you, non patronizing manor, i have a question:

how often does darren himself teach classes?

giant-killer

He is now teaching several classes a week in SO, from lower level to advanced BB.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: