Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Maybe you didn’t read my above post? Darren teachs all the time.

unstpabl1

Oh cool! Federation wars. my instructor can beat up your instructor discussion. My arts pure, yours suck. Maybe we can get the Tae Kwon Do federations to grant 10th degrees, so its settled. 🙄

vwr32

Re:

quote \”JewisHammer\:

this is my gripe: we are a small fish in a big pond that gets pissed off whenever we get picked on.

Bew Hew.

It sounds to me like you can’t take your own medicine. You admit you cannot speak for Dror’s comments against KMWW, yet jump up and down if anyone says anything in praise for KMWW. I didn’t see any slams against K Fed, yet you’ve fired multiple insults at the posters for nothing more than having an opinion that differs from your own. If you’re so worried about K Fed maintaining a professional image and being taken seriously in the \”big pond\”, why don’t you start by dropping the 13 year old spoiled brat drama show and grow up when you’re waving your school’s flag to the world.

You know what would have really impressed people? If the same people who read Dror’s negative comments also saw you confront him about what it means to maintain something known as \”professional courtesy\” despite being the smaller fish, that would have really made a statement about integrity and professionalism. Insults coming from your instructors?? That paints them in a rather pathetic and desperate light. I’m sure they aren’t doing it intentionally and are top notch instructors, but sweep your own side of the street before looking down the block.

If you’re really interested in educating people to your cause, and winning favor from possibly future students, I would think you’d show up here for civil discussion where everyone could learn from each other. But what do I know? I showed up for a battle of wits unarmed.

Maybe they’ll show more compassion for your little temper tantrum on this forum: http://www.suicideforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

And welcome to the board. 🙄

oldkravdude

Hammer, your problem with the instructor training is unwarranted. Has there been people take the instructor training with no previous experience, probably. Did they pass the training? Well, they better have been damned quick learners and great in front of groups. I know that a lot of black belts in other systems wash out of Krav’s instructor training. I went through the training in ’99. Nobody taking the instructor training at that time had any Krav experience because there wasn’t any place in the nation to take Krav yet. It was the hardest thing I have done in my life, and the most fulfilling. They are great at getting people to a high level in little time, kinda what krav is all about. Unlike any other art I have seen Krav is very picky on who they let pass. You have it or you don’t. They are very honest and if your feelings get hurt, oh well.

Anyhow, the political agenda posts from other organizations are getting old.

gwalsh-d92

Sigh, I’ll never get out of this bucket.

Sincerely,
    The crab

jewishammer

Re:

quote :

You admit you cannot speak for Dror’s comments against KMWW, yet jump up and down if anyone says anything in praise for KMWW.

really? i jumped up and down? I got upset at KMWW members praising their own school? even you don’t believe this…never did i \”insult\” anyone for praising their own school. I made the distinction between false accusations and the truth about my school. again, read more carefully (but at this point i get the feeling that you’ll see whatever it is that you want to see in my posts)

quote :

I didn’t see any slams against K Fed, yet you’ve fired multiple insults at the posters for nothing more than having an opinion that differs from your own.

lol first of all, touche on the \”K Fed\”, which, if you want to nitpick, can be seen as a blatant disrespectful libel. ill let it go.

i can only count one \”insult\” to which you refer (see: \”I shouldn’t have a battle of wits with those who are unarmed…but maybe i’ll humor them….\” it was a friendly jab. obviously it was ill received so, since this is your forum and i am a guest, i apologize for that.

on the other note, your comrades aren’t as benign as you claim. nothing more than having an opinion that differs from my own? really? lets see…

\”There will always be a lower bidder. Look around ñ itís easy to find a martial arts school that will give you a black belt in six months.\”

\”Maybe they offer fantastic instruction, but a bad \”smell\” comes off the whole website.\”

you even hurl insults and judgments in the post to which i’m responding:
    \”why don’t you start by dropping the 13 year old spoiled brat drama show and grow up when you’re waving your school’s flag to the world.\”

lol come on dude, try to find where i’ve \”waved my schools flag around the world\”. seriously.

also…everyone seems to be preoccupied with drors comments. i will say two things about them, but of course, this is coming from me, not from dror:

1. again, everything he said was true. think about it.
    2. did he not post an apology? did he not then invite several members to come train with our school, a favor not returned by any of you?

aaanyway, is everyone satisfied with the examples i’ve provided? i think that’s enough nitpicking for now. as far as i’m concerned, we can all arrive at the following conclusions:

1. krav maga is great. it’s better than great.
    2. we have different organizations that are run differently, taught differently, and operate differently. let’s just leave it at that. clearly we both have our respective \”issues\” with the other, myself included (duh).

despite my failed attempts at cooling your heated and rude posts, I suspect that this post will be scrutinized and such, poked and probed…

smokelaw1

1) You do not know what libel means. Using words that you don’t understand does not help your cause.

2) THe statement about schools selling 6 month BB was not directly pointed at your organization.

3) There is a pretty strong disagreement about \”everyhing Dror said is true.\” A lot of us HAVE thought about it, and we disagree.

If I lived in an area where your was the only school, I feel I likely would have walked in and started training. I bet the same is true of you, if you lived in my area. I would likely be a loyal and decoted memeber of your school if this was the case, and you would be if the roles were reversed.
    In this, are we really so far apart? You feel you and your \”team\” are \”right.\” We feel that we are. What do you hope to accomplish on this website and with this dialogue?

jewishammer

😆 are we having fun yet? I am…

1. libel: To defame, or expose to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule, by a writing, picture, sign, etc.; to lampoon. i guess dictionary.net doesn’t know what libel is either…

2. whether or not the 6 month black belt comment was directed at our school, the context of the thread lead me to believe that it was. don’t tell me that it was an innocent comment, as it was included in a thread named \”KM Federation\”, in addition to a conversation regarding said federation.

3. fair enough, we agree to disagree.

4. THANK YOU. i was begging to think all hope was lost. we can disagree on many things (and we have…and will…), but we can both agree (see my earlier post) that Krav Maga is a wonderful, effective, efficient system. your school is your school, our school is our school.

what do i hope to accomplish? valiantly saving the good name and reputation of my one and only school that teaches the best krav maga ever, by anyone. and the east coast is the best…and…uh…no one is as good as us…and…did i get everything?

johnwhitman

Look, I don’t particuarly care what your bias is, but it’s pretty self evident that your forum was saying unkind things about us when we weren’t even talking about you. Anything said here was in response, as indicated by the dates of the posts.

moti-y

There are, as far as I can tell, good reasons to be critical of KMFederation’s recent posts about KMWW. But that \”little fish in a big pond\” is getting a lot of free publicity with all these exchanges (I am guilty of contributing to this, as well). I don’t believe they deserve it, and I am hoping that this thread fades out.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”JewisHammer\:

2. did he not post an apology? did he not then invite several members to come train with our school, a favor not returned by any of you?

You’re right, we’ve not been gracious hosts. I’m sure you’d be more than welcome at any kmww school. 😀

vwr32

Re:

quote \”JewisHammer\:

lol first of all, touche on the \”K Fed\”, which, if you want to nitpick, can be seen as a blatant disrespectful libel. ill let it go.

What’s wrong with k fed? Is it better to tell people you’re in the Federation? That sounds a bit too Trekky. Shirley, you don’t want me to type out Krav Maga Federation every time I say it do you? That seems somewhat unrealistic.

Hrmm…. blatant disrepectful libel. As opposed to accidental respectful libel? Let’s rethink this use of double adjectives and come back with something a little less deliberate in both redundancy and appeal to emotion.

Here are some suggestions:

V, your statements are libel.
    V, your statements are blatantly libel.
    V, your statements are disrespectful.
    V, your statements are blatantly disrespectful.

Or even(!):
    V, your statements are libelously disrepectful.

When using double adjectives, alway check to see if you really need both of them. Often you’ll find you don’t.

I, too, think you’re stretching on the use of libel here. A funny abbreviation of the name simply does not constitute being exposed to \”public hatred\” or defamation. I saw it simply as… how was it you called your insult? Oh yeah.. a friendly jab. I even put a smiley face next to mine. Being that you’re the invading party on my home turf, I saw my friendly jab as slightly *more* warranted than yours. But in the sake of fairness, I’m sorry it offended you.

Fun? It’s kind of boring in all honesty. Great, you’re the best. Thanks for sharing that info.

mara-jade

Well, I haven’t seen this thread that’s getting talked about but GEEZ…so sad to see this..

If you think your school’s better, fine but DON\”T spill it over on someone else’s forum to disrespect them. Legal issues – leave them outside..

I love coming here to read about what’s up about KM and other things.just the ‘mine is better than yours’ GETS OLD..

I am sorry, I usually stay out of discussions of this kind. I usually try to read and post positive comments towards people and their acheivements within this wonderful system. I cannot let it go…

I have a hard time reading through this…If half of the negative energy spent on this thread was spent in your own personal development and training you would not even have to argue. Your personal development would be recognized by others and it would speak for itself. It really reminded me of when I was teaching middle school–honestly!

I failed to see the insults on this forum that were talked about regarding the people of KMWW–extensively. I feel like I might have missed something so I re-read it over several times. I guess all those years teaching English and time and money spent for my degree were for nothing. I could not find it. It seems as if some of us have a lot of time on our hands and read too far into things looking for arguments. Again, spend that time developing your self.

Whether they were joking or not there was a lot of insults brought in from the outside (spilled over into the forum) that anyone with any kind of background with \”wits\” or debates would know automatically nullifes your point. I know I stopped listening.

Opinions are great…everyone has one. I actually like listening to others when they have valid points.

Stop perpetuating the situation and move on…

For the record, I can say this because I have been in the classes of some of the greatest instructors in the world:

I have never had the honor of being instructed by Darren Levine, however I did get to see him teach. It is part of what directed me into the path of Krav Maga. I was so impressed! I have had the pleasure of being trained under John Whitman. What a great experience. These two opitimize professionalism and what it is to be a true instructor. For the record…I hope I become half of the instructor that either of these two are.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”CharlestonKravMaga\:

I am sorry, I usually stay out of discussions of this kind. I usually try to read and post positive comments towards people and their acheivements within this wonderful system. I cannot let it go…

Good points. Maybe if more people with the same positive influence chimed in more often, things wouldn’t get so out of whack so quickly. But who can blame us? We all don’t have the same teaching experience or educational background as yourself, so we’re left to our own barbarianism if the wise remain silent. I’m sure the positive direction would be a welcome sight to the silence (or pointless argument) on the board between legitimate topics.

Forum debates/argmuments/digressions aren’t indicative of insufficient energy in one’s commitment to training. Recognition of personal development doesn’t eliminate personal differences between individuals. I think it’s possible to debate, and still remain civil without proclaiming the sky is falling because we’re not seeing eye to eye. Krav is a fantastic system, and we’re in unison in class. Maybe we’re not so great when it comes to social interaction on the net. in the Army, having an NCO light into you with every insult in the book for making a mistake is fairly common. So is laughing about it later that same night when you’re having a beer with him. I don’t see eye to eye with everyone, but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them a beer and laugh it off. Maybe I’m not as sensitiive to disagreement as some, it’s just words to me.

If I had to point to the one thing missing here, it’s a sense of community. We talk krav, and little else. Maybe more \”off topic\” discussions would keep things humming along peacefully while we wait for the next new person to show up and ask what’s been asked a thousand times before. In the interim, we have to fend for ourselves and everyone is more than welcome to participate. Even if it’s just to tell me I’m a wuss and always wrong. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: