Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    bradm

\”Yeah the were really playing up to the brutalty. Made it feel WWF. They don’t get the sport is more exciting than boxing alredy\”

I agree, I hope too that they focus more on the sport than the brutality. It seemed like a couple times the referee waited too long before stopping the fight. In one fight, it looked liked the guy was knocked out cold, on the mat with his hands beside his head, unable to protect himself. His oponnent seemed to continue to hit him in the head before the referee stepped in. That kind of stuff can get a person killed. I would hate to see MMA get that kind of reputation.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”BradM\:

\”Yeah the were really playing up to the brutalty. Made it feel WWF. They don’t get the sport is more exciting than boxing alredy\”

I agree, I hope too that they focus more on the sport than the brutality. It seemed like a couple times the referee waited too long before stopping the fight. In one fight, it looked liked the guy was knocked out cold, on the mat with his hands beside his head, unable to protect himself. His oponnent seemed to continue to hit him in the head before the referee stepped in. That kind of stuff can get a person killed. I would hate to see MMA get that kind of reputation.

I’m with you on that. Shouldn’t be a problem as they were using the same refs as the UFC

anonymous

Okay, this sounds brutal but exciting, so I guess I’ll be watching when it comes on again. 😀

Yeah, Bas forum is still down. I checked the main site, it’s all nice and new it seems, and when you click on \”forum\” it says \”coming soon\”, so maybe they are revamping it to protect against spammers and other annoying pests… 8)

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Okay, this sounds brutal but exciting, so I guess I’ll be watching when it comes on again. 😀

Yeah, Bas forum is still down. I checked the main site, it’s all nice and new it seems, and when you click on \”forum\” it says \”coming soon\”, so maybe they are revamping it to protect against spammers and other annoying pests… 8)

Monday nite 8pm on channel 13. Its no more brutal than UFC, except in the tag team match when one guy distracts the ref, while the other uses a folding chair. Also jumping off the top rope is legal and smashing someone into the turnbuckle 😉

anonymous

Every Monday or just this one? I’ll try to tape it.

unstpabl1

I believe every monday. Different matchs leading to the championship between the 2 best team. I’m watching a 1 hour promo for it now
    mike

anonymous

So, why are there teams? Multiple attackers? 😈

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

No thats the Dog Brother Gathering in June. They had cattle prod fights last time 😯 IFL is a team event,5 fighters from light to heavys, best of 5 wins. L.A.’s team is the Anacondas. Militech(sp?) team went undefeated last year. The Tokyo team didn’t win at all

greenbeanie

Re:

[Giantkiller] \”So, why are there teams?\”

http://www.ifl.tv/About-Us.html

bradm

The Anocondas are Bas Ruten’s team – aren’t they? When I watched the IFL debut last Monday it was mentioned that the Anocondas were undefeated last year. But in the matches I saw last Monday, the Anocondas didn’t do so well. However, in one division, light weight I think, Bas’ team had a young 18 year old that was very impressive. He dominated his opponent with found kicks to the head. I’m a big fan of Bas, hope they get it back together.

anonymous

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I wonder if any MMA organization will ever add flyweights to the mix? We all know, they rule!! 😈

clfmak

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

No thats the Dog Brother Gathering in June. They had cattle prod fights last time 😯 IFL is a team event,5 fighters from light to heavys, best of 5 wins. L.A.’s team is the Anacondas. Militech(sp?) team went undefeated last year. The Tokyo team didn’t win at all

I hear that they’re starting off with shock knives and cattle prods this year at the gathering. I think I’ll fight this year.

greenbeanie

Re:

[BradM] \”When I watched the IFL debut last Monday it was mentioned that the Anocondas were undefeated last year.\”

http://www.ifl.tv/Stats-2007-All-Time-IFL-Team-Results.html

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: