Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga Research & Development

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    bradm

GK,
    \”If you are going to rely on the taser as a weapon, I think it makes sense to have some idea of what it feels like. Also, if you are going to be a taser instructor, always better to speak out of experience. \”

Really?? So, if you are going to rely on a gun as a weapon, Does that mean you should be shot to have some idea of what it feels like? And to be a fire arms instructor, would he/she have to have been shot to better speak out of experience?

anonymous

Well, the gun is a deadlier weapon, so it simply wouldn’t be practical to shoot yourself, because it would cause too many (potentially even deadly) injuries. Although, having some knowledge of what a gunshot wound feels like could theoretically be useful.

I think that it is indeed required for people, who want to be taser instructors to get tasered themselves. The good news here is that while it is painful, the danger is not great, because the taser isn’t deadly and doesn’t cause permanent damage.

kmcat

Re:

quote \”BradM\:

GK,
    … So, if you are going to rely on a gun as a weapon, Does that mean you should be shot to have some idea of what it feels like? …

You could get shot wearing a bullet proof vest in a controled situation. That might be useful and/or instructive.

clfmak

If you’re going to rely on your fists and body as a weapon, should you be hit so you know what it feels like? Absolutely.

How about a stick? Yes, somewhat.

How about a knife? No.

If it can be done safely, by all means its good info to know. I don’t see why not with a taser. I’ve tried a stun gun and realized it wasn’t like on TV where they instantly go down. This was useful info.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: