Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga’s New Official Myspace

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    kravmaganews

Hey Everyone,
    Please check out Krav Maga’s New Official Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/officialkravmaga

We’re looking for more testimonials, success stories and pictures. Please show your support and add us and put us on your top 8! Keep an eye out for more updates!

http://www.myspace.com/officialkravmaga

j-frank

Where’s the thing to click to add officialkravmaga to my friend list? I don’t see it –

anonymous

Is that page officially sanctioned by the KMAA? It has the KM logo and pictures of John etc…

Congratulations to that Ryan guy on losing an entire Giantkiller, but where is the talk about self-defense? 😕

kravmaganews

Yes, this the \”official\” page for KMAA. Not sure why the \”add friends\” button isn’t showing…I’ll fix it ASAP. In the meantime you can invite us by using our email address: [email protected]. We just started the myspace so we will be adding more in the next week or so. Again please submit photos and stories to be considered for the myspace. This includes having to use Krav Maga for protection, losing weight from training, gaining confidence, etc. Keep your eye out for more to come!

Thanks for the support!

anonymous

So, how does that myspace thing work exactly? Do you just post photos and stories? Sorry, got no kids, but I keep hearing in the news that it’s a great place for old guys to hit on teens…. 😆

vicious

its actually a great marketing tool… i’d imagine there are at least a few hundred people with Krav Maga in their profiles

dv8njoe

I am on there. Check for Dv8njoe. In my intro I state that I take Krav. 😀

kravmaga1

Big Daddy is on there also.

http://www.midsouthkravmaga.com

kirsten

Sorry, I would love to support Krav Maga’s new venture. However I personally dont agree with MySpace and I choose to not use it.

They have facilitated crimes against persons and been a huge pain in the @$$ to LE and schools everywhere when it comes to the investigations of these crimes. Tho they have made a feable attempt to correct these wrongs… it’s not enough.

Just my opinion tho…

jburtonpdx
    quote :

They have facilitated crimes against persons and been a huge pain in the @$$ to LE and schools everywhere when it comes to the investigations of these crimes. Tho they have made a feable attempt to correct these wrongs… it’s not enough.

Firmly agree.

Though of course I wont stop taking Krav over something like this, I do wish that KMAA would not use MySpace, I do not like the implied approval of MySpace and its current policies.

Even still, the problems with kids on the site are primarily a lack of parenting… It is still not the kids fault, remember they are innocents (in a broader sense, I know many of them partake in activities that are not innocent). However – MySpace should be co-operating more with parents, LE, and Schools.

My attempts at \”working\”with them with regard to the page that my daughter (11 yo at the time, lied and was able to setup her site as an adult) were met with denial (she cant do that, was the response) and just plain obstinance. Luckily my daughter was honest with me at least about it, and we sat down together and \”fixed\” her page. We posted on the page a little story about how she lied and setup the page, then how MySpace would not work with me, the parent, to fix the situation. Magically the page disapeared fairly quickly…

So, let me put it this way-

KMAA,
    As a student or your organization, I respectfully request that you please remove your MySpace page and stop supporting MySpace as an organization.

Please feel free to contact me via a private message on this board.

John Burton
    Krav Maga Student
    Columbus, OH

walker80

Oh come on Jim and Tomoe! There are negative aspects to everything in this world. Let’s not go protesting and banning everything because a couple of parents wanted to give there children there privacy and not click on the history button on there computer.

Rob

jburtonpdx
    quote :

Oh come on Jim and Tomoe! There are negative aspects to everything in this world. Let’s not go protesting and banning everything because a couple of parents wanted to give there children there privacy and not click on the history button on there computer.

Not saying ban it, saying that as a business they would do well to co-operate more with others legitimate requests. If they fail to do that, especially considering the circumstances that the issues are concerning I am going to not support them, along with that I am going to \”encourage\” others to not support them.

As far as a \”few parents\” not checking there kids history… You are a bit naive if you think that would cure the problem. Kids know how to cover there tracks. I found out becuase I check the logs on my router, which she does not have access to.

Along those lines, what about the kids whose parents simply dont check up on them, do you believe that those kids \”deserve what they get\”, if god forbid a bad guy decides that they are the next target?

You do what you want, I will do what I want. Fact is this – historically, MySpace has refused to help out Law Enforcement, parents, and schools, dealing with attempted and successfull abductions, molestations, and stalking.

They could rectify this by simply being more co-operative with inquiries from parents, schools, and officers.

With internet access at public libraries, coffee shops, friends houses, schools, etc.. It is simply not possible to \”monitor\” every aspect of a childs life. Yes, at 12, 13, 14, even up to 16 as far as I am concerned they are still children and if this \”tool\” is used for deviant purposes by an adult, the owner of the \”tool\” has a moral obligation to help resolve the issue. They are refusing to do that.

walker80

I understand in a way what you are saying…..however, what about friendster.com, hi5.com, adultfriendfinder.com, or even aol instant messenger. There are numerous ways for predators to get to victims on the internet……there are also numerous ways for predators to get to victims without the internet. Do you think that these child molesters became molesters because of myspace? No, criminals will always find a way to there victims. And please tell me what myspace has not done to help law enforcement?

Rob

jburtonpdx

You will have to talk to an LEO to get the answer to what they have not done, the officer I worked with in the issue I dealt with just stated in passing that this organization was difficult. As for me, personally they refused to take down my daughters page when both myself and the school demonstrated via the pictures posted that we were talking about the same person.

Yes there are many other venues that a molester uses, and personally now we use a piece of software in my home that logs each and every piece of traffic via the router to watch for that.

As far as stopping all the others, dont have any experience and have not had to fight with them to get my daughters personal information taken down from those locations.

There are groups out there fighting for the safety of children along with parents and LEO all over the world that do \”monitor\” for lack of a better word at the moment, those other locations. Perverted Justice is one excellent group that has helped to put more then a few evil twisted broken people behind bars. There are many more out there.

This is just one place that these occur, because there are others, does that mean that I should just give up? Also, I am not saying that there should not be these \”social networking\” sites, there is a legitamate market for them. I am just sticking to my guns, that they should be willing to work with parents, schools, and other legitamate requests concerning the safety of kids. That is not the same as the \”if it saves just one child aproach\”, its just a request that they make an honest effort to work with us.

I understand that this may seem like a rant, its not and attack on you. I understand your statements and do see your point of view. It is just something that came very close to being a tragedy in my household, and as you can see via Dateline on NBC it is an epidemic in our current culture.

I take the safety and security of my family as a personal responsability. That is the main reason I study Krav, there is more to safety and security then fighting though, an active aproach to your families privacy, a method to teach your children about \”bad guys\” without destroying there youth, and teaching your family to protect itself when you are not there are all parts of it.

(maybe Im a bit nuts about this stuff…. but we are talking about my daughter when we discuss this, so it can not help but be personal…)

jburtonpdx

as a side note…

Funny thing about this – I bet that this is one of those things that most would not have thought would be a big deal. I mean, the person that started it was just trying another method of getting the word out….

I am rethinking my position, my responses are very emotion based…

Maybe having something as positive as Krav on there would be good, another way of getting to those that need it maybe. I dont know, I just had such a hard time dealing with the bozos that I can not imagine it being a good thing at all….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: