Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga shirts and bottoms now MANDATORY at my school

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”glenngordon\:

Mike,

I’m not sure what size you are, but I’ve got a few extra shirts I’d be more than happy to give you.

Giantkiller, I’d loan you some but you might trip over them….. 😀

Glenn, I’ll hold you to that if I decide to join you in feb or Mar 🙂
    mike

nutt

My opinion is that as a self defence system, you should be able to wear what your likelly to in the street, or when you will need the skills. personally I wear semi-smart combat trousers ( like I wear at work) and a wicking underarmour loose T-shirt, as its functional. plus trainers as wearing boots in a sportshall makes me feel bad 🙂

if they offered the shirt with a krav logo at a resonable price, that would be great, ours are fairly heavy screenprinted thingys and very unsuitable for training IMHO! they were included with our membership, as were a pair of trousers ( which I dident even bother to sort out, maybe I should lol)

meangene

Wearing a uniform of any kind is over rated. I like KM because \”most places\” only require that your shoes don’t scuff the floor, and that you are wearing some type of work out clothes. I do have a couple pairs of pants with the KM logo (only cause they look cool) but I don’t wear ’em every time I train.

jl

Haven’t posted for a while so I thought i give my .02.

The current pants are light and nylon and not real durable. While they are light which is a good thing, they are just to light for the long haul.

Now a solve to the problem: John maybe we can go to Nike or whomever to put together a program for some Dri-Fit style clothing for workouts. While they maybe more expensive on the front end, they will certainly wear longer than the nylon currently in use. The rash guard longsleeve shirts are awesome and a great addition to the line. I don’t know the numbers of how many were sold. But the higher quality goods are normally well received compared to inferior goods that are mandatory.

If a school wants to start a student with a t-shirt and the nylon pants, I find that a smart position to take in this. Two reasons: 1)the cost to the school is worth the investment in the student to get them started and to make them feel like part of the class.(uniformity is a good thing in training) 2) when that student gets through a few sessions and is around those that have trained for some time, they will most likely want to invest a little more in their training gear. This is of course based on the premise that the student is staying in it for the longhaul.
    The student that isn’t walks with nylon. My point is there is always a solution, just have to find it, and make MOST of the students happy by having the choice (quality and expense wise) of which pant or shirt to wear!
    Choice is always better for the consumer. IMHO 😉

anonymous

I’d agree, generally you would want to have a product so superior that it entices the customer to buy it, rather than force him to buy something he really doesn’t want.

Actually, turns out the shirts are only mandatory in KM class, not the fighting classes or cardio classes. I’ve seen some violaters, but not heard of any reprimands so far. Although, then again, Brent was showing a video the other day of some KM people screaming in agony as they were being tasered. I couldn’t be 100% certain, but I believe those may have been shirt violaters… 🙁 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: