Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics List of certified instructors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    super-b

Did anyone ever come up with a list of certified instructors for KMWW schools? This was discussed months ago but I never saw a follow-up. The idea was to determine which licensed schools have certified instructors.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: List of certified instructors

That’s a pretty huge list.

Theres 250+ KMWW licensed schools world wide

So the amount of people certified from just phase “A” would be deep in the 100’s if not 1000’s.

I think it would be easier if you just asked about a certain facility. Or you could email/private message either Kelly Campbell who is head of instructor training or KMWW Licensing if you would rather keep it private.

Candice from licensing posts in the location forum all the time she might be your best bet.

kevin-mack

and remember that there are also a number of credible instructors and schools that arent under the KMWW umbrella

super-b

quote Kevin Mack:

and remember that there are also a number of credible instructors and schools that arent under the KMWW umbrella

There also may be a number of KMWW licensed schools that do not have a KMWW certified instructor.

ryan

There should not be any licensed schools without certified instructors.

simon

quote Kevin Mack:

True and hopefully they are smart enough to advertise and cultivate students for their organization on their own forums. ñ if they had them.

admin-d45
    Keymaster

quote Simon:

True and hopefully they are smart enough to advertise and cultivate students for their organization on their own forums. ñ if they had them.

It would be unethical for someone to use the KMWW forums to get students for a different organization.

Thatís like someone from MacDonaldís going to the in-and-out forums and sending private messages trying to convince people ìspecial sauceî was as good as ìAnimal Styleî

We all know it isnít.

In any event Simon if I found out someone was using our forums to subversively promote their own agenda their ability to send private messages would be removed.

I would hope thatís not going on.

super-b

quote Ryan:

There should not be any licensed schools without certified instructors.

Okay, so why is it so difficult to produce a list of certified instructors.

CJ’s Dad seems to think that such a list is incomprehensibly large. A KM student should be able to independently verify the level of certification of his or her instructor (at a school shown on the KMWW website) is certified. I am licensed in my profession and anyone can go on a statewide database to verify that. What’s the big deal?

ryan

I don’t believe anyone said it was a big deal. I’m not sure why you’re making it one. If it’s on the site, it’s a licensed school. If it’s a licensed school, it has certified instructors. The school can easily identify them and is required to display certifications. What’s so hard about THAT?

mara-jade

I don’t think it sounds as easy at it seems. Instructors are I’m sure in training for various phases all the time. Keeping a perfect list all the time isn’t always that simple. I kinda thought that’s why one goes on the locations section of the KMWW website:dunno:

blindfold

My problem has never been the instructors. My problem is how the facilities are run. They are so different and vary so greatly.

Can we get this fixed?

super-b

quote Ryan:

I don’t believe anyone said it was a big deal. I’m not sure why you’re making it one. If it’s on the site, it’s a licensed school. If it’s a licensed school, it has certified instructors. The school can easily identify them and is required to display certifications. What’s so hard about THAT?

I’m making this a big deal because I paid and trained at a school listed on your site as being a licensed KMWW school. I do not belive the teacher is certified in over a year of training we never got to advanced techniques and the school does not offer testing. If I’m wrong then fine, let’s see a list of certified instructors.

Since you’re so sure of yourself, are you willing to vouch that every licensed school has certified instructors that actually teach the KM courses?

mara-jade

SuperB,

Have you actually asked your instructor about his credentials? That would be the first thing I would’ve done if I had doubts of my center. What does the school advertise as far as how far Levels they go?

Ryan’s school is one of Regional Training Centers in KMWW. Ryan speaks from experience.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Super B:

Okay, so why is it so difficult to produce a list of certified instructors.

CJ’s Dad seems to think that such a list is incomprehensibly large. A KM student should be able to independently verify the level of certification of his or her instructor (at a school shown on the KMWW website) is certified. I am licensed in my profession and anyone can go on a statewide database to verify that. What’s the big deal?

Wow did I really come off as it sounding like an insurmountable task?

But it is a large number, Ryan runs a regional training center, how many phase A students have passed through his door? Add to that the other regional centers, then add the licensee program at NTC, then the in-house programs at NTC that constantly has people cycling.

Its not a big deal, I think it was already stated there were some options for you. If you have specific concerns then shoot off an email/PM.

FWIW I do have an idea whats going on around here. thumbsup

ryan

Okay, so if I “vouch” for it, then what? Are there licensed schools that have non-certified personnel teaching? Perhaps there are, but no school gets licensed without certified instructors. It’s that simple.

Oh, and it’s not “my” site.

If you have doubts about your instructor, then ask him/her. If you aren’t comfortable with that, e-mail Jeanine Jackson at [email protected]
    . Hell, e-mail me: [email protected]. If something’s going on that shouldn’t be, I’ll come on here and say so.

Regarding “how the facilities are run”, the schools are licensees, not franchises. KMWW has oversight of instructor training, but not much else. They are not in the business of telling school owners how to run their businesses.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: