Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics List of certified instructors

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Re: List of certified instructors

Belts are nice but the blood, sweat and tears that one puts into KM is what counts. If I went by the recommended time stated in the KM book between belts, then I’d be seriously late on getting my Green Belt by about a few years:D:

I’ve read this thread with great interest. The concept of having an online queryable database of instructors (and schools while you’re at it) I would find extremely useful personally. Regardless of the logistics of how that would all work, it would be up to both KMWW and the instructors/schools to help in keeping it all up to date. KMWW is only 1 place while there’s LOTS of schools. It’s in the school/instructors’ interest to have all that available for potential students to see.

In the meantime, to those in the know, what else is a school supposed to show besides all their certifications displayed? I figured a center should have that available but wasn’t aware it was REQUIRED to have it actually posted.:dunno:

silencio

So, is the certification that needs to be displayed the one given to the school itself (which confirms that it is a certified training center)? Or do individual instructors have to display their certifications, too?

I think a list would make sense and while it would be hard to start from scratch and include the hundreds of instructors already out there, once that has been accomplished, updating it on a regular basis should not be too difficult.

I would assume that there are a limited number of instructor courses going on at any one time across the country and one could require whoever runs those courses, to give the names of the people who passed to the NTC soon after completion, so they could then add them to the list, or update their rank. It may take some effort, but it would be worth it in my opinion.

As for people teaching after reading a book, that would obviously be fraudulent and it’s up to the consumer to be vigilant. But that’s just where a list could help. If it’s easy to verify which instructor is legit, then it may entice others to get on the list, too, in other words invest some money for their certification.

jamesh-d30

I was an advocate of such a list and still am, but there are greater difficulties than just creating and maintaining the list. Just as Ryan says is true with belts, a simple list can’t tell the whole story, and it would not be beneficial for people to decide on whether or not to train based on a list, or put one instructor in front of another without knowing the totality of it all. For instance, what if someone has been training in Krav Maga for 10 years, and only just now decided to get certified as an instructor? The list might show ‘yellow belt instructor’ but he/she might be very advanced indeed.
    Or, as in my case, I haven’t been to a “certification” in 5 years, yet I train with Darren, John, and Jon every chance I get. What does that do to my listing?

And oh yah, if you want to know if your instructor is certified and in good standing, just get thier first and last name and email Jeanine or Kelly at KMWW.

Side note: Crap! We’re supposed to post our creds on the wall?

mara-jade

Our center has one wall of all the instructors’ certifications.

James – I understand where you’re coming from. Good to know we can email NTC and askthumbsup

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I can vouch for ya James, I just saw him at the black belt seminar on Saturday LOL

Which brings up an on topic point, it was great to see so many Krav BB’s training at one time but your right, how many of those are certified instructors? And of those how far did they go in phase etc?

So it is a lot more complicated.

silencio

Perhaps one could add a bit of additional info to such a list, for example the year the person started training and what belt level he is. I agree, it wouldn’t necessarily tell the whole story, but at least it would be a start.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: