Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Looking for a Training Facility in Orlando, FL.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    hicklinc

Re: Looking for a Training Facility in Orlando, FL.

anyone in orlando area i would take advantage of this

tomo

Hi Kevin, I don’t know what your schedule will be like while you are in Orlando (I imagine you’re a pretty busy man), but if you have some free time and would like to stop by Victory MA in Lake Mary, we’d be be honored to have you train with us.

johnm160

Hi gang,

Any feedback on the waterford lakes center in orlando. I have not been reading a lot of good reviews in victory as a whole although they seem too be old.

Thanks

John

gatorboy

I can’t speak for every Victory school in the Orlando area but I can attest for the Lake Mary school that what is taught there is KM. No kids, and no nonsense. The two instructors are both level 5 and usually they are both there at the same time in the class. They are good teachers and the curriculum is exactly what you can read from Darrine Levine’s book, not to mention they work on other aspects as well (not TKD). I would certainly give this school a try if your not happy with others you have found. This class is not for the faint of heart. It is dirty and nasty, and exactly what KM was meant to be.

gatorboy

Here is a quick video that we shot in the Lake Mary Krav Class near Orlando. This was shot over a two class period and is not extensive. A lot of the material and drills we we practiced are not shown. We have trained LEO, executive protection staff, Correction Officers, Military (Rangers and Marines) and civilians for some time now at this particular school. For those that don’t feel we are providing true KM training I encourage you to come and see for yourself. I don’t think you will be disappointed with the curriculum and training.

http://vimeo.com/32051959

paul

i worked out with the guys at victory in orlando lake mary, chris and don did a great job. typical km school nice students with instructors who are interested in teaching krav maga.

gatorboy

Paul, thanks for the plug. We enjoyed having you train with us at our school. Hopefully I will make it up to NC some time soon to train again with you and meet Ryan.

paul

come on up we will show you some NC hospitality..just like i got with you

johnm160

Is the Lake Mary program still holding up to expectations?

I see Action martial arts in Ocoee is also listed now, any info on that school?

linus000

Have never been to Lake Mary, Ocoee is basically a fitness class.

rnc

Hi everyone …I for one have never trained in krav maga.I’m in Orlando and
    was hoping for an update regarding a reliable KM location(I mean is the lake
    Mary location still the only local worthy?)
    I’m gonna join a MMA school that I checked out or if I can find a KM school.
    Thanks,
    Future Practitioner?

lexusbentley

Hey im the same way. I been trying to find a KM school/dojo in orlando too. If you find one,plz in form meand i’ll do the same for you and everyone on this forum.

justwantkrav

quote LexusBentley:

Hey im the same way. I been trying to find a KM school/dojo in orlando too. If you find one,plz in form meand i’ll do the same for you and everyone on this forum.

Guys Orlando is just a joke for OFFICIAL Krav. The only place to take is through ” Victory Martial Arts.” I have searched for awhile and I am from here( Specifically Altamonte as well) and I cant figure it out. Im not saying Victory is a bad business( trust me they only care about contracts) im saying they suck for someone who wants to learn/ train EXCLUSIVELY in Krav Maga. Also Victory likes to saturate the web and other areas of marketing with misleading info as well as trying to call some of their locations different names (ie Action Martial Arts) that is shady shyster ish!! Be honest and upfront. Victory makes a lot of money with kids and families, prob a decent place for those types. Also they try to incorporate other types of MA into curriculum. IF I WANTED TAEKWONDO ID SIGN UP FOR IT. I JUST WANT KRAV. I actually considered a move to Popmano Beach to train at headquarters. Sorry for ranting it just pisses me off.
    And just for your Victory sheep save your plugs. I have 2 separate assosiates that trained through Victory and both had horrible outcomes etc, from two different locations.

suntzu

Does anyone know of a great KM school in Orlando. I know Victory tends to be the most dominant school in Orlando. I find them to be only interested in the mighty dollar. Please help…

suntzu

quote justwantkrav:

Guys Orlando is just a joke for OFFICIAL Krav. The only place to take is through ” Victory Martial Arts.” I have searched for awhile and I am from here( Specifically Altamonte as well) and I cant figure it out. Im not saying Victory is a bad business( trust me they only care about contracts) im saying they suck for someone who wants to learn/ train EXCLUSIVELY in Krav Maga. Also Victory likes to saturate the web and other areas of marketing with misleading info as well as trying to call some of their locations different names (ie Action Martial Arts) that is shady shyster ish!! Be honest and upfront. Victory makes a lot of money with kids and families, prob a decent place for those types. Also they try to incorporate other types of MA into curriculum. IF I WANTED TAEKWONDO ID SIGN UP FOR IT. I JUST WANT KRAV. I actually considered a move to Popmano Beach to train at headquarters. Sorry for ranting it just pisses me off.
    And just for your Victory sheep save your plugs. I have 2 separate assosiates that trained through Victory and both had horrible outcomes etc, from two different locations.

I completely agree. I’ve trained with VMA. Every so often you find a great instructor. Unfortunately they don’t stay and are replaced by subpar instructors. I’ve trained in Altamonte, Longwood, Lake Mary, Waterford, Oviedo, and Ocoee.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: