Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Lurkers – come on in! Welcome to the Krav Maga Forums!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

V, unstpabl,

Marriage counseling? Therapy? Y’all told each other how you feel, maybe time for that hot make up sex? 😯 😆

Seriously, can’t we all quit being so sensitive about some simple internet postings? So you guys don’t agree on diet pills and how many pull ups to do in the morning, so what? Kiss and make up. Agree to disagree. No biggie. No reason to be dramatic about it. As an outsider to this argument, I’ve lost track long ago. Just too bad the healing talk had to take place in the middle of the \”welcome thread\” discussion, ’cause that sound you hear is frightened lurkers running for cover… 🙁

Anyway, glad you guys talked it out. karma, good post. Great start. Maybe we should start an actual \”welcome thread\” now and put that one on top, so the lurkers aren’t scared off by what preceded it on this one…

g-v

Hello, my name is g.v. and I’m just here to chop socky everyone in the ballsies. Ha-ya!!!

But yes, other than the man on man post-fight action 😯 , I concur. this is like one of the mellowest, mostly ego-free places on the internet, so…take it easy!

unstpabl1

hey jeff…Welcome. Do you train with Mike G?

It definately need to be its own thread and kinda be bumped up regularly or Stickied

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”karmaOK\:

Hello everyone. I am Jeff. I am a KM addict.

Admitting it is the first step. Now for the next eleven 😉

welcome !!!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re:

quote \”kravjeff\:

welcome !!!

Iím stuck on the 4th step.. after doing a martial arts inventory I find my ground skills severely lacking

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”CJs Dad\:

quote \”kravjeff\:

welcome !!!

Iím stuck on the 4th step.. after doing a martial arts inventory I find my ground skills severely lacking

Skills? I actually remember throwing a few combos and not wheezing and that was when I smoked 2 packs a day 😆 Ground skills, aren’t you a product of the days when everyone believed them to be unnecessary

vwr32

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

V, unstpabl,
    Marriage counseling? Therapy? Y’all told each other how you feel, maybe time for that hot make up sex? 😯 😆

No drama. 8)

Resorting to lurking isn’t the same as quitting… I’m not running to kfed or anything. The only common ground I seem to keep finding with some is that nobody is willing to bend on their beliefs. I’m no different, but someone has to bow out and let things pass. I’ve never been one to sacrifice integrity for popularity, and it seems I’m not alone. Since I’m new, it’s easier for me to slip back to the shadows for the sake of moving on.

In posting to this thread, it wasn’t to scare anyone away. It seemed relevant… people are asking lurkers to start posting, I’ve had a less than stellar time at doing just that. I jumped right in and made myself at home, participating in the threads that I felt I had something to contribute. In all honesty I feel the message is more along the lines of: Speak up, it’s fine to debate as long as you eventually cave in and admit you’re wrong. It’s not meant as a snipe, it’s just what it’s like if your beliefs/behaviors in training don’t meet the status quo among the long timers on the board. I’m expected to shut up or be deemed the know it all argumentative troll? If I am, I’m in good company. 😉

As for the make up sex… he can’t afford me. 😀

CJ’s Dad… I think you made referece to how long you’ve been involved in krav before. At the time I remember thinking it wouldn’t bother me a bit to train under your instruction, you seem to have a pretty level head. Maybe you should be the one to speak up more often… see what happens when us lurkers come out? 😈

I feel bad when ppl talk to me after I’ve said I’m gonna lurk… seems rude not to respond. Maybe some of the lurkers could share their secrets on how to successfully remain in the shadows when you really feel compelled to say something. I’m torn between the two motivations for posting:

1) I have to reply on behalf of those being attacked (range nazis, people who wear shin pads, people who wear fanny packs, those who don’t train crossfit, pill popping supplementers, etc) because it seems nobody else is going to.

2) I have to reply because I have something to add based on my past experience or some info I’ve come across in reading.

The forum is interesting to read and even if I did quit, I’d probably keep reading just to keep up on the technical stuff. But it seems there’s a barrier between becoming accepted as a member of the board community and keeping one’s differences of opinion intact. Unstpabl1 said it best in his analogy of the exchange between teacher and himself: \”What do you win if you’re right?\” I’ve been asking myself that same thing all day. I feel like I’ve fought so hard to be seen as an equal, I’m not entirely sure it’s been worth it. The prize certainly hasn’t been worth the cost… which is why lurking seemed appropriate. Not sure which is worse, being judged by people who don’t know me or feeling the need to prove to them they’re wrong about me. So maybe they’re right.

This type of conflict rarely errupts in online games. I get a bouns in sept, ugrading the computer so I can play World of Warcraft doesn’t sound too bad right now lol.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Thank you V Iíll take that as a compliment. Unstop has seen me teach I wonder if you two might actually agree on something LOL

I was very serious when I said Iím relatively new to KM. And although I have walked many paths during my martial arts career this is my home. I plan to stay here for a while 🙂

kravjeff

V (and all) …

I’ve been around awhile, but in spite of my number of posts, I’m no veteran here. I started doing Krav in Jan 2006. Since then I’ve advanced rapidly, but no more so than anyone else who has trained as frequently and as hard as I have. Due to personal reasons, I haven’t trained at all for about three months (and it’s killing me!!!) I do plan on getting beat up by JamesH next week during a private – Something to look forward to 😈 😯

Look, I guess the point I am trying to get at is this. I think EVERYONE has something to contribute. Be it questions from new members that stimulate discussion, or advice from those who’ve been training for years, and everything in between. We’re all here for one of a very few reasons:

We love Krav
    We’re interested in Krav
    We find the conversation compelling in some way

As I said in an earlier post, I haven’t kept up with discussions in recent months so I don’t know exactly what transpired, and I don’t care. Knowing this crowd, I can’t imagine that V was singled out, unless he (you) came across as a \”know it all\” which I doubt, based upon the tone of your recent posts.

Everyone needs to STFU, toughen up, get over it, and get on with it. V, I for one will be disappointed if you stop posting – There’s not necessarily any reason to attack each other, but realize you’re dealing with a bunch of fighters – We may be decent people, many of us are friends, but we enjoy being right (whether we are or not) and many if not most of us are fiercely competitive so we will fight to make our points.

No reason to slink into the shadows – You mentioned integrity and it shows that you’ve got it. Make you’re points, ask your questions … You won’t change minds everytime and that’s OK – If someone personally attacks you, flip the screen off and ignore that person – It just ain’t worth it. It’s a friggin’ web forum, and not the end of the world if someone you’ll never meet thinks you’re an idiot for doing something differently than they do. You shrug your shoulders and say \”whatever dude\” (or dudette), if that works for you, great …

off soapbox 🙄

katoe

Hello everyone – katoe here. Lurker, new poster and I’m glad I found this site. Your spirited debates on various topics have taught me a lot especially how to be a smart ass and great debater. Seriously these post have been extremely helpful to me as I’ve panned all 33 pages to find topics that I feel would help me in my training. I’m a newbie so I don’t get into debates about techniques but I love reading all the different opinions. I’m intelligent enough (so I say) that I can make an informed decisions for myself amongst all the different viewpoints. All the regs (CJs dad, kravjeff, GK, V and unstapl, etc) thanks for keeping this site interesting especially with the spirited debates and your knowledge. Now off to class.
    V – BTW thanks for your service to our country.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I have to be honest but I always looked at the conversations between some of these guys as more spirited camaraderie between casual friends but never took it as personal attacks. With the exception of maybe blackbeltbrian who had issues. Even when people from other organizations come over it never seems to get out of hand. Iím on several forums for work related topics and I think this place is pretty tame comparatively.

Thanks for your comments katoe

unstpabl1

Sean

I’m hoping Mara Jade starts the seperate intro thread or I would have done it. Not cause I think she’s shy, but cause I like her and it seemed appropriate from her comment. Also the post allowed me to comment on stuff I needed to hear

Don’t know if anyone else has this happen, but most of the time when I post something to help someone the message ends up be more profound or important for me to heed.Odd

The thread needs to get started or newbs will just get lost in this thread as they are now 🙁

Katoe, Welcome to the jungle 😀 Discussion is about the exchange of ideas. The cool thing about the net, is it allows you to attempt to articulate and put together your thoughts. In a normal face to face debate, sometimes its very hard to get a word in edgewise. Some people tend to think if they talk they loudest or dominate the convo they win. You lose the exchange. No possibility of learning

Steven Covey’s 5th principle is Seek to Understand, Then Be Understood. To me I try hold that high, cause by seeking to understand something you learn it and on a deeper level, or physical level like say krav you intenalize it. Only then can you own it

The great thing about someone who really disagrees with you is that it allows you to look at things from an angle you might not have seen. AH Ha moments happen from that because we normally see the world from our own filters and project things on to others that don’t belong. Its a great \”gift\”, if you can be open minded enough and seperate the emotionalism out of it. Sometimes its just more interesting to read than network tv 😆

I understand where your coming from about getting involved in Tech discussions. I don’t get involved in them much either. don’t have enough of a background in it
    Usually, coming from the place of the student will help you here. Your the person who should be getting involved in tech discussions. Your a krav student. and thats who John built that whole sub set for on techniques. You personally 😉 John knew you were coming months ago. Its that guro Ninja stuff you learn at Level 5, but only if pass the trial by fire. Last I heard you had a choice of living in Iran wearing an Israeli flag wherever you go for a year or going down to the garage to practice techs for 2 hours with GK. So far everyones opted for the year in Iran for their trial 😉 😆

mike

vwr32

Re:

quote \”CJs Dad\:

I always looked at the conversations between some of these guys as more spirited camaraderie between casual friends

I saw it as that too, until i’m told I’m coming off as a know it all. Stepping back and looking at that I can see where I might give that impression, so even that I don’t take as a personal attack. I see it as constructive criticism for me to reflect on.. which was why I wanted to go back to lurking instead of posting. People keep saying \”don’t stop posting\”, so it seems I’m outvoted. lol, i’m back by popular demand. It’s not that I wanted to leave, I just didn’t want to stay where I wasn’t wanted. And nobody likes a know it all.

When it comes to the debates, i tend to pick my battles carefully and I’m there for the long haul to defend my position. I research what seems unclear to me, try to read articles from both side of the issue, and always post links to support my claims (more to show it’s not *just* personal opinion I’m using for ammo). But I can see how that might leave some thinking I’m a know it all. I do waaay too much research on stuff to be a know it all… but that’s the side of me people don’t see.

When someone asks a question that fits into something I’m involved in, I dump every bit of links and info as I have in answering it. I’ll tone it down, but that seems a little boring. Al Gore already has the right-but-boring side down to a science… I was going for the possibly-wrong-but-highly-entertaining angle. Kinda backfired on me. 😕

gp

Hi,
    I’m a regular lurker on the forum. I’ve been doing KM for about a year now and have enjoyed every minute of it. I’ve never taken any type of martial art or self defense training prior to Krav. I’ve learned something new, lost weight (60 lbs), and haven’t felt this good in awhile.

I don’t post often because I honestly don’t feel like I have enough experience in Martial Arts or KM to offer an opinion but I find most of the topics and discussions a very interesting read.

GP

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Very cool gp where do you train?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: