Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    boucheed

Hello,

I am new to Krav Maga and have not officilally joined a location yet. I have been in the military for 18 years and was looking to hear from other military members with Krav expierience.

Thanks

Re: Military Members

Hi bocheed and welcome to the forums,

I have been in the military 12 years and have been involved with Krav since last September. I think you will find it a rewarding experience.

Check out a location as most I believe let you attend one session at the very least for free so you can get a feel of whether you like it or not.

Good luck in your quest and let us know if you have any other questions.

Heh… Maybe I should be typing at parade rest for this post. bow1 I’ve been in the military for just over 6 years now and training in Krav for a few months. Great stuff! Far more comprehensive than the BJJ the Army trains us in. I would recomend it to anyone… especialy military and police. Feel free to ask anyone on the board if you have any questions at all… Everyone on here is great!

J-

I spent 14 years in the USMC and USMCR. Krav training was great, because not only did it help keep me in shape with a crazy schedule, but it also helped keep my aggression, rage, and killer instinct clean and pure. thumbsup

boucheed

Thank you all,

one other question what type of fees do you all pay monthly for training?

quote boucheed:

Thank you all,

one other question what type of fees do you all pay monthly for training?

I have an auto-pay thing going on, but at the NTC I think I’m paying around $120 a month with the fight classes and all that jazz with the military discount. Definately worth it considering the variety of classes you can take.

J-

I have an auto-pay as well and with my good ole military discount its $100 a month. Don’t have as many lovely options as those California dudes we only have class twice a week. Soon we are going to be doing sparring and fighting on Fridays so it should be fun. Wish they had more classes. I would probably do this five days a week if I could.

andy-m

Hi guys,

Fifteenth year active duty Army for me. I have found KM brilliant for military applications and would recommend it for anyone in our line of work.

boucheed

Is any one instructor certified? My ultimate goal is to become certifed as an instructor and bring the training to my unit.

andy-m

Hi Boucheed,

I am a qualified civilian KM instructor, but not a qualified KM military instructor. I am looking to do that qualification down the track. That said, I have done unarmed combat/CQB training during my time military that is not KM. Love KM though, and it is always great to get new material to supplement work training.

CHeers,

Andy

boucheed

Andy,

What does it take to be come instructor certified? I realize I am just begining but I would like to know for future refrence.

andy-m

Hi Boucheed,

I am not in the KMAA/KMWW so I cannot tell you how it goes about certifying military instructors. I don’t want to give you any wrong info but maybe someone from the KMWW Force Training team could chime in here and let you know.

Under the IKMF, there is a dedicated military certification, separate from VIP, LE and military – special units certifications. To qualify for candidature on any of the military or LE instructor programmes you have to be either a certified current member of a military or LE unit, or be a qualified IKMF civilian instructor. The instructor courses are typically run at a military base and are run primarily by Israeli instructors from the Global Instruction Team. The courses run just shy of 3 weeks (shorter if you are already a qualified civilian instructor).

Is this the sort of info you were after? Sorry it is not more KMWW-specific.

Cheers,

Andy

boucheed

Thanks Andy

canesfan3301

Holy crap, am I the only Military member to join since the beginning of the year? Crazy! Been in the Navy for over fourteen years, been with the Military Police for almost ten. Been training in Krav Maga for almost a year. Good times!

tbbfan76

quote boucheed:

Andy,

What does it take to be come instructor certified? I realize I am just begining but I would like to know for future refrence.

Force Training Division controls the Military & LE side of KM. My Command got 10 of us certified. John Pascal is in charge of FTD. If you email FTD they can give you more guidance. It does have to be Command sponsored.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: