Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    kirsten

Re: Military Members

OMG that font is so HUGE I felt like a little kid reading a gi-normous book.. LOL

Going to a course soon… wanted to stop in and say hey, look forward to ‘hanging out’ and getting better insight into the KM world… thanks all! ~

kirsten

quote SanctifiedSoldier777:

Going to a course soon… wanted to stop in and say hey, look forward to ‘hanging out’ and getting better insight into the KM world… thanks all! ~

Welcome to the forums. Always happy to have a new member here!!

kirsten

quote Kirsten:

OMG that font is so HUGE I felt like a little kid reading a gi-normous book.. LOL

Thanks “Santa” for shrinking it. 🙂

bigal

Good Evening Guys & Gals
    I spent 22 years with the british military and am now reserve military
    I just had my first KM Session it was awesome and will be going back as
    often as time permits, I would like eventually become a Military, LE and Civilian instructor in KM can anyone advise can this be done
    Respectfully to all
    Bigal

:beer:

quote er415g:

I am also in the State Military Reserves and I’m the Army combatives team leader. I have been training NG soldiers on combatives and other tactical classes for five years. I have incorporated Krav Maga into the Army Combatives program and the feed back is excellent. The new army combatives program has included ground fighting into the curriculum however I believe that submission fighting is not what the soldiers need because if a soldier goes down fighting that is a fight for their life and they need to learn how to survive that fight no one is going to top their oponent up. If you loose you die, so Krav is the perfect training for that not only the techniques but the mind set. take care my frien HOOAH!!

It does seem that someone from or versed in BJJ got to those who decide the curriculum and managed to get all the ground fighting & grappling moves added. Grappling in a combat H2H situation seems a bad idea for a lot of obvious reasons, not to mention – imagine someone doing it in full kit & body armour (!). If regular troops are engaging in H2H it probably means an extremely bad situation as well eg: position overrun or other rapidly changing chaotic & dangerous situation. Hopefully the army combatives FM will see some adjustments in the future.

kirsten

quote Bigal:

Good Evening Guys & Gals
    I spent 22 years with the british military and am now reserve military
    I just had my first KM Session it was awesome and will be going back as
    often as time permits, I would like eventually become a Military, LE and Civilian instructor in KM can anyone advise can this be done
    Respectfully to all
    Bigal

:beer:

Hi Bigal,

Have you spoken to your instructor yet? They are the first step in starting certification if you are already training at a KM center. Often times they will want to help you in this process and bring you on as an instructor in time. For those of you that may read this and have the same interest, but are not able to train at an official KMW location, then contact Krav Maga Worldwide and get the info from them to get you started. You can find most of it on the main website.

It’s a great goal to have and if you decide to do it Bigal- you won’t regret it!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: