Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge My first experience with the Bas CD’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    happyloaf

I bought them and tried out the boxing CD (shadow boxing) on Sunday. I did all the 2 min rounds. It is tuesday and I can barely lift my arms they hurt so bad. My abs and back are killing me as well. I can survive 2 hours of krav in a row and be tired but not sore. This tape killed me. I love the Bas CD’s and hate them at the same time….

nate

Re: My first experience with the Bas CD’s

It sounds like you made it through ok. If you’re finding the boxing is still kind of tough, and you’re missing combos, do the Thai Boxing cd, 2 minute rounds, and just leave out the knees / kicks. It’s a little easier than the straight up boxing when you take out the kicks.

If you’re making it through the boxing cd without missing combos, then forget what I said and just keep goin with it man! It’s tough, but it’s a good tough.

happyloaf

I made it through no problem. The last few rounds hurt but I kept pushing. My main problem is I’m a southpaw and need to reverse the left and right straights and hooks and that can be confusing when you are tired.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

heh so’s Nate

Bas is a sick man, but a twisted genius at the same time. I was skeptical at first about a workout CD but when I first started doing Krav my instuctor introduced us to Bas’ CDs and it’s been all down(up)hill from there. I will say, they keep my butt in shape.
    Love his little mini-commentaries between rounds too. LIke, for instance, after 5 or 6 rounds he comes out with “Ok, if you are not tired you can shadow box, maybe even do some push ups”
    Most Valuable Lesson though:”Remember, a body shot is straight to the body”

dckm

we use them for our bag class on saturdays and i friggin LOVE these cds. once i get that revgear

midnighter

Just wondering, where did you guys buy your dvds?

phlegmon27

Hey dckm, do you go to Krav Maga NOVA by any chance?

You can buy them different places, but I went straight to the source and got them from his site. I don’t know why, but I just felt better about buying from him instead of a 3rd party. The dud’s so amazing that I didn’t mind paying a bit more to be sure that the money went to Bas, and not some bootlegger.

I love to use them with L2 and higher classes, and use the focus mitts. This trains both the striker and pad holder to have quick hands. Thank Sam Sade for getting me hooked on that.

dckm

quote phlegmon27:

Hey dckm, do you go to Krav Maga NOVA by any chance?

You can buy them different places, but I went straight to the source and got them from his site. I don’t know why, but I just felt better about buying from him instead of a 3rd party. The dud’s so amazing that I didn’t mind paying a bit more to be sure that the money went to Bas, and not some bootlegger.

I love to use them with L2 and higher classes, and use the focus mitts. This trains both the striker and pad holder to have quick hands. Thank Sam Sade for getting me hooked on that.

yep, sure do. i normally try to catch the monday and wednesday classes, and at least the bag class on saturday. i missed yesterday because my elbows are sore, but this saturday i’m kickin my ass to make up for slacking off this week.

kirsten

Bas has a website with a secure shopping page… http://www.basrutten.tv

Thank you for purchasing the cd’s and not just copying them from another instructor or owner, Bas deserves it.

Also guys you will be happy to know he has an advanced set of tapes that are soon to be released… he says they are going to BLOW you guys AWAY!

happyloaf

I thought about copying them I won’t lie but figured if they are as good as people say then they must be worth the money.

kirsten

They are worth every cent and thank you so much for purchasing them! Bas spent alot of time and money to develop them and deserves to not be ripped off.

happyloaf

i know he does; I have lent my discs out to a few guys I train with and they have all bought the CD’s as well instead of copying mine. That is how you know you have a great product.

leeh

Bas warns you: by the end of the session, you’re going to hate my voice! And he’s right but just when you are getting mad, he makes you laugh. Like, ‘If you’re still feeling fresh, try some knees to the chest!’

la-revancha

quote Kirsten:

Also guys you will be happy to know he has an advanced set of tapes that are SOON TO BE RELEASED… he says they are going to BLOW you guys AWAY!

🙁 Sadly, we’ve been hearing this since 07. Bas! Why have you forsaken us?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: