Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge My first experience with the Bas CD’s

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    johnl-d11

Re: My first experience with the Bas CD’s

So I’m in the process of combing the 2 and 3 min rounds to make these 5 min rounds.. Can already tell it’s going to be a “bad” time. hahhaha. Gonna add in some metallica music in the background too. Gotta love technology.

la-revancha

quote JohnL:

So I’m in the process of combing the 2 and 3 min rounds to make these 5 min rounds.. Can already tell it’s going to be a “bad” time. hahhaha. Gonna add in some metallica music in the background too. Gotta love technology.

Dare I say it…Bas gone bad!? The crossfit delegation will love that.

spartan0311

I have doing the boxing cd for about 2 weeks now and I am getting a great work out and stress relief….. I am hitting a 140lb hanging grappling bag and it is hard as hell. My hands are like rocks now, knuckles bruised up, and I am wearing padded/gel bag gloves! Ready to incorporate the Thai boxing soon. I have noticed an increase in muscle memory when it comes to the strikes so it is definitely working. Great work out!!!!

kirsten

Guys… the “eagle has landed” and he has in his mitts the NEW Bas Rutten workout!!!

Boo-Ya!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I am going to test them out this week and Oneness and I will both be spilling the details to you guys… One will be posting here as soon as he gets a chance. He already has some great info about them… You guys are gonna FREAK!! It’s not for release just yet, as he wants som feedback on it still and some changes will be made, then OUT IT GOES to all of you!!!

They are going to go like hot cakes… might want to email them and see if you can advance purchase your copy…

oneness

Did the workout yesterday with Bas and Benji Radach. I was wiped after doing my KM belt test, but still had some left to train with the guys.

The new workout will take your striking to a whole new level. It has all the cominations that Bas has drilled into me over the years and some new ones that really make you think and move. He really out did himself.

I also got to spar with Benji and that was a lot of fun. He has so much power its crazy. I also got to see him and Bas spar (no kicks) and that was a treat as well.

I’ll keep you posted on the details and let you know how my fight team likes the new workouts.

La Rev. before you ask. I didnt have the workout until sunday. So I couldnt share it. Next time I’m down I’llmake sure we do the workout, if its not released and you dont have it already.

la-revancha

quote Kirsten:

Boo-Ya!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Well played.

Can’t wait.

kvmorl

Waiting for these!!!

I personally like the All around workout sections best.

johnl-d11

new bas?!?! whoooaaaa nelly. can’t wait!

nate

I’m ecstatic about the new stuff. Anyone have an ETA on it?

And that 5 minute Bas is horrific. I was introduced to it the other day and found myself gettin beat down quick. Loved it!

johnl-d11

quote nate:

I’m ecstatic about the new stuff. Anyone have an ETA on it?

And that 5 minute Bas is horrific. I was introduced to it the other day and found myself gettin beat down quick. Loved it!

haha.. glad you enjoyed it. After the 5 min rounds; 2 and 3 just seem too easy now. 😀

kvmorl

Funny bit;

Wife is finally able to workout since having our soon recently, she was on treadmill, running ect for couple weeks… she ask me if i can show her a good tough workout, i go sure , i pop in BAS All around workout 2min CD in garage and start with her, i tell her start slow and do what you can. She was doing everything she could and really trying saying “this is good” all of a sudden little pass half way through she burst out “No way, this sh** is crazy” “this is masochistic ” “i’m going to gym to do cardio class”.LOL. Thinking back about it, I should have started with Boxing CD.

My plan the whole time was trying to avoid monthly gym fees….. ohh well.

magamike

quote kvmorl:

Funny bit;

all of a sudden little pass half way through she burst out “No way, this sh** is crazy” “this is masochistic ” “i’m going to gym to do cardio class”.LOL. Thinking back about it, I should have started with Boxing CD.

LOL. That was exactly my reaction when I first tried the all-around-fighting CD. I got to round three on the 2 min track and then shut if off before I puked. The anaerobic aspect kills. But I’m getting better now.

One thing that I started doing on the Thai Boxing CD is kicking prior to throwing the striking combo. I still do knees after the combos though because you are already in close range. But I find that if I kick first and then burst in for the combos, I can kick harder and keep better form. Not sure if that’s good or bad, but I feel more in control. It probably doesn’t matter if you are shadow striking, but I am using a Bob.

The Bas CDs definitely make the exhaustion drills in Krav class much easier to get through, though.

la-revancha

quote nate:

And that 5 minute Bas is horrific.

30 seconds, Nate!

oneness

I shared this with the instructors at the seminar I taught at sherman oaks.

For KM, I make my students use front kicks, instead of knees or round kicks.

Also on the all around fighting instead of ‘defense and stay down then right or left sitting out’, I have the students lay on their backs and add front kick from the ground, right or left. You can also have them do side kicks.

There is just so much versatility with these cd’s, just keep thinking of new ways and please keep us posted on how you are changing them.

The NEW MMA Workout: All I can say is wow. I cant give too much, because Bas hasn’t released them yet. There are 5 minute rounds, more strikes to the body and knees and elbows, etc.

They will definitley improve your striking and sparring. You need to know the first tapes inorder to do the second.

The combinations are things that Bas has been teaching me the last few years and been getting me to add. Doing them with the tapes really locks the combinations in your head and allows you to not think about the combinations when sparring or even shadow boxing.

Everyone is going to love them. Can’t wait until they come out.

la-revancha

TTT for the latest updates.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: