Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge My first experience with the Bas CD’s

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    kirsten

Re: My first experience with the Bas CD’s

He ran into a production snafu… hang in there…

jonj480

I just got them today for Christmas! Just need to wait for the ham to settle….

johnl-d11

I’ve added my own evil twist to the Bas workout…

3 rounds of boxing – 15 burpees in between each round
    3 rounds of KB – 15 burpees in between each round
    3 rounds of fighting – 15 burpees in between each round

And recently, I purchased a concept 2 rower and have been doing the following.

3 rounds of boxing – 500m row in between each round
    3 rounds of KB – 500m row in between each round
    3 rounds of fighting – 500m row in between each round

Just pause the cd and keep the row under 1:50-1:55 for every round.

And the mother of all “cardio”

3 rounds of boxing – 15 burpees in between each round
    2000m row
    3 rounds of KB – 15 burpees in between each round
    2000m row
    3 rounds of fighting – 15 burpees in between each round
    2000m row

and keep all 2k rows under 8 mins. The fighting rounds are tough by the end of this one.

Krav tests will be cake if you can make it through that one.

magamike

Okay, so I got these workout CDs. Here are my observations so far:

1. I do not want to fight Bas Rutten.

2. Bas is funny.

3. The CDs are a good workout and surprisingly easy to follow.

4. I would think that getting these combos wired into muscle memory would improve one’s fighting ability.

kirsten

Oh no you did’nt… you said it would be cake… you know they read these forums… your test will be extra “special” now… LOL

la-revancha

quote JohnL:

Krav tests will be cake if you can make it through that one.

Definitely. Does wonders for tournament stamina, too!

I like the pausing the CD between rounds to make the “active rest” more active. I’ll need to try that.

Here is a jiu jitsu/judo/grappling variation I was doing before my MCL injury.

During each break, do one of the following for 30s.

-turkish getups (start with a pood, and titrate. Alternate arms)
    -Gi pullups (holding on to sleeves AND lapel)
    -tai otoshi/harai/sode uchikomi with resistance bands (the purple and blue)

I have a little renegade group of about 6 people who have “Bas Tuesday” and “Bas Thursday” slotted in before taking class.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote La Revancha:

I have a little renegade group of about 6 people who have “Bas Tuesday” and “Bas Thursday” slotted in before taking class.

Is that what I crashed? I enjoyed the looks on their faces, you however seem to get a devilish grin when I hit the bag, whats up with that??

kirsten

You guys are gonna freak when you see the stuff Oneness and Bas do with those training tapes! Hopefully he will have time on the instructor seminar to share with everyone… I know he has a lot planned.

stevetuna

Kirsten – you keep teasing the new tapes and it’s killing me!

The Bas tapes remain the gold standard for individual fight training workouts (at least in my little world…). It’s cool to see the little tweaks that others add to make them even tougher.

Sunday is Bas-day for me. Defense and one! Defense and two! Oh boy – a km-X birthday party followed by an hour of El Guapo – can’t wait!!!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Kirsten:

You guys are gonna freak when you see the stuff Oneness and Bas do with those training tapes! Hopefully he will have time on the instructor seminar to share with everyone… I know he has a lot planned.

Ahhhh thnx um I think. This may be the first time I’ve actually had to train for a seminar.

kirsten

Oh its the old tapes that One and Bas have some great drills for… The new ones are another story all together… *wicked to tease, I know* 🙂 Sorry stevetuna…

One’s seminar is going to help you guys to tie your stand-up to your ground. You will learn a lot about transitions. I can tell you guys that NOBODY is doing what he is teaching. Bas and him have some really valuable stuff they have been working on together. Both of them think alike *scary I know* when it comes to submissions and grappling. I hope he shares my sprawl/ground defense drill… its a puker… er, I mean a winner! 🙂

la-revancha

quote CJs Dad:

Is that what I crashed? I enjoyed the looks on their faces, you however seem to get a devilish grin when I hit the bag, whats up with that??

Welcome to the club! You crashed the Friday edition, which is relatively new (and growing).

TTT for the new Bas workout.

johnl-d11

quote Kirsten:

Oh no you did’nt… you said it would be cake… you know they read these forums… your test will be extra “special” now… LOL

hahah.. I’ve taken the level 1 test about 6 times so it’s pretty easy for me now anyways. Might retake our level 2 test this friday for “fun”. ;):

happyloaf

I’m really curious to hear about what addons you all do. Right now I can do the 2 min rounds and be really tired but the 3 min rounds just kill me. I normally do:

3x 2 min boxing rounds
    5x 2 min Thai Boxing
    2x 3 min Thai boxing

and then I drink a liter of Gatoraide and sleep.

oneness

Happyloaf –

if you do a search. You will find where I talk about a few add ons.

One of the main add on, we do is adding Right straight, left hook or Left hook right straight after the knee or kick. If you throw a left knee then Right straight, left hook.

There is plenty of time on the Thai boxing tape to do this. Just, Do not sacrifice power and twisting your body to complete the movement.

Kirsten also revamped stuff so we have 10 – 5 minute rounds. We do 5 minute all round fighting with the add on above.

When prepping for fights our fight team class generally warm-up with 2 or 3 – 5 minunte rounds and then begin 30 – 60 minute gauntlets. There is no rest and they just keep going. Everything in class will be way more difficult than what they will see in the ring.

Some days I may just make them do 7 rounds of thai pads, but there is no rest in between rounds they either grapple live or do a different drill in between.

After the seminar, I’ll let the instructors explain the backpack drill. Its one of my favorites in between rounds. Each person does 30 seconds. then back to hitting the thai pads.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: