Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics New Fight Science Self Defense

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    t-j

Looks like Amir Perets will be representing Krav Maga again on the newest episode of National Geographic’s Fight Science show. This episode is titled “Defense Science: Fighting Back” and will cover self defense moves.

Here is the preview link:
    http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/fightscience/videos_3.html

Bas Rutten will be featured as well. Looks pretty good from the preview. Fight Science always puts together a quality program, so I am looking forward to this one.

Here is another link with the preview of Amir getting drunk and picking a fight with Bas. Classic.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/fightscience/videos_6.html

Not sure when it airs. Anyone know?

menashe

Re: New Fight Science Self Defense

shalom, i am current serving officer in shayetet13, the israel navy seal comando units. i see the tv show with amir perets, and have 1 question maybe amir can come to answer….how is it he is represent himself as israeli commando and member of the navy seals when he did not even finish basic training for any combat unit? thank you amir to answer.

Does anyone know when this episode will air? The NatGeo channel web site has some videos but no times yet.

ryan

menashe, why don’t you just ask him yourself?

[email protected]

No disrespect, but you could very well be a 12 year old with nothing better to do. You posting accusations here doesn’t validate you or your insinuations, and ultimately will serve no purpose. If you truly have an issue with Amir, take it up with him.

All the best,
    Ryan

Shalom, The Shayetet 13 ( or Flotilla 13 ) training phase is considered to be the most difficult in the entire IDF.

This Israeli special operations unit is similiar to the U.S. Navy Seals Team 6 , which everybody wants to get in but few earn that distinct right. The Shayetet 13 naval commando unit is the most combat-active in the Israeli military.

From his biography on his website:

At age 18, Amir Perets became Israel’s heavyweight full-contact martial arts champion. Already an expert martial artist and national champion, he joined Israel’s Defense Forces (the “IDF”). Soon he became an instructor of the infantry and Special Forces units for “Krav Maga,[1]” the IDF hand-to-hand combat system, as well as an instructor for combat fitness. Excelling as an instructor, Amir was assigned to the top level of Krav Maga instruction in the IDF, certifying the hand-to-hand combat instructor course, Having taught some of the IDF top instructors, Amir then was selected for the elite IDF Naval Commando Unit (the Israeli equivalent to the U.S Navy SEALS). There, he built that unit’s hand-to-hand combat program and trained them to use it.

After completing his military service, Amir traveled to Thailand to continue to pursue his interest in mixed martial arts by training in “Muy Thai,” the famous Thai system of kickboxing. Amir then immigrated to the United States and began using his broad experience in mixed martial arts to teach defensive techniques against armed and unarmed assailants to U.S. Special Forces Units, U.S. Federal Agencies and select police department units. Simultaneously, he became a lead instructor at the newly formed “Krav Maga National Training Center,” in Los Angeles California, where he holds a fourth degree black belt.

http://www.amirperets.com/

psyops

quote menashe:

shalom, i am current serving officer in shayetet13, the israel navy seal comando units. i see the tv show with amir perets, and have 1 question maybe amir can come to answer….how is it he is represent himself as israeli commando and member of the navy seals when he did not even finish basic training for any combat unit? thank you amir to answer.

Menashe,

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. You come in making statements without any proof. By the way. Before you say anything else you should consider that some of us have more contacts in Israel than you do. You should consider that Amir’s credentials have been checked by sources with more credential than you have as well. You trolls need to focus on whatever little organizations you come from. Grow your own business first. Learn how to market your product. Learn how to conduct yourselves as business people. Then maybe you might get some of the opportunities that Amir, KMWW, Bas Ruten and others have earned!

Haters!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Gentleman RELAX

Thank you

psyops

By the way…..

I recently spoke with a friend in Israel who confirmed Amir’s position as Krav Maga instructor for the Unit in question. So Menashe. You can stop now. Thank you for dropping in and getting waxed! (Damn, I just dropped waxed, circa 1989) I am so cool……

admin-d45
    Keymaster

quote Psyops:

So Menashe. You can stop now. Thank you for dropping in and getting waxed! (Damn, I just dropped waxed, circa 1989) I am so cool……

Maybe you missed the ìrelaxî part

oldkravdude

I don’t know Dad, when an @#$ hole comes in attacking a repected friend maybe we shouldn’t stay so relaxed.

Ryan, well said!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote OldKravDude:

I don’t know Dad, when an @#$ hole comes in attacking a repected friend maybe we shouldn’t stay so relaxed.

Ryan, well said!

Just trying to avoid a sh1tstorm and keep the peace brother~

quote menashe:

shalom, i am current serving officer in shayetet13, the israel navy seal comando units. how is it he is represent himself as israeli commando and member of the navy seals when he did not even finish basic training for any combat unit?

I wanted to stay netural in this.

I just wondered how this was befitting of an Israeli naval officer.

Maybe your english is not that good due to hebrew being your first language or I mean no disrespect, like Ryan said you could be some 12 years old.

There is nothing wrong with being interested in the Israeli special forces. Everybody loves their special forces, regardless of their nationality. Just like Americans love their U.S. Navy Seals.

I am sure at the Israeli Naval school, they have the names, especially of famous men in the special forces somewhere on a wall at the naval school.

Any real Israeli Naval officer would know who is who, much like we have with our U.S. Navy Seals, one of the best known is Marcinko, who started Team 6.

List of Notable Navy Seals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Navy_SEALs

Is there a list of Israeli Navy Seals like we have with our U.S Navy Seals ?

giant-killer

Okay, I’m relaxing, but menashe, next time you’re in LA, just drop by and take a class with Amir (preferably a sparring class), then you can see for yourself what a great trainer he is and discuss any issues you may have.

kmman

Dont know Amir and cannot confirm anything on him but I did see him display exceptional tolerance to exhaustion and still perform. This is indicitive of Navy Seal training and the equal in Israel or elsewhere. The man is impressive. I have nothing but respect for guys like that.

I’d love to train with the guy.

menashe

i can now that amir is all your freind and instructor and so you all get mad at somone saying bad things to him. i never say that amir was not a krav maga instructor for shayetet13, in fact he was the instructor for our unit from 93 to 95 and in fact a good instructor, my question to him is how it is he is saying he was a commando and member of the unit(and trusts me i already now the answer to this question i am not asking because i do not now). it woud be nice for amir to come here and explane exactly what it is he did in his army service.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: