Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Opinions on Krav and Filipino martial arts

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Yes Giantkiller, Knowing a good block and counter in that situation could give you an edge….. One may say that in that situation you would have the \”Combative Edge\” 😆

PS… a while back I was talking to John about doing a Krav knife….How many of you would be interested in a special edition Krav blade maybe in the seasonal merchadise section of the website.

mike-g

I would…Of course I’m interested in some of your other knives too but didn’t see any prices in the gallery on your site.

clfmak

That sounds pretty cool. What kind of shape would you be going for? From what I’ve seen of krav, a push dagger seems like the style that would fit the best.

As a side note, I’m working on a big kris knife right now.

giant-killer

I wonder if slashing the attacker’s throat with my Krav knife could have any legal consequences? 🙂

By the way, I saw \”Bourne Ultimatum\” yesterday, there is a good fight scene with improvised weapons. Candleholder, book and a towel vs knife defense. 😀 Goes by kinda fast, though, so one would have to get the DVD later and maybe slow it down.

Hey mike_g. We are working on the pricing now. As well as finishing up the website, and putting up the rest of the models. Shooting for Sep. to be up and selling. Thanks you for the interest.

CLFMak…As far as the design … I would probably leave that up to them, as it would be a there knife……… I would be very interested to see it when your done.

Have a good weekend

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

A ìneckkerî like a La Griffe would be cool!

vwr32

Re:

quote \”Combative Edge\:

PS… a while back I was talking to John about doing a Krav knife….How many of you would be interested in a special edition Krav blade maybe in the seasonal merchadise section of the website.

Not sure why it would be in the seasonal merchandise section?

If it comes with a clip or small enough to be on a keychain shouldn’t it be in the KM Wear section? I carry a knife when hiking or out doing photography stuff. Not so much for protection, it’s just a good idea to have a blade handy.

Edit: Oh yeah, the topic 😀

I never really paid much attention to weapons training until someone said it helped them with hand eye coordination and speed (or something along those lines). Finally watched some vids on eskrima (sp?). Impressive.

clfmak

I just finished up construction of a FMA training device called a desquerdes. It looks like this:
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/RossMakoske/Desquerdes1.jpg

It can simulate haymakers and spinning backfists by spinning it, and can be swung back and forth for straight attacks. Its kind of neat for working on entries, elbow covers/tool destructions, blocking and striking simultaneously, various tie ups, and working very simplified joint locks and setups. It can also be used with weapons.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”vwr32\:

[]

Not sure why it would be in the seasonal merchandise section?

Edit: Oh yeah, the topic 😀

I never really paid much attention to weapons training until someone said it helped them with hand eye coordination and speed (or something along those lines). Finally watched some vids on eskrima (sp?). Impressive.

Lets see ya gothcha fishin season, an yer huntin’ season and the season when all the drunk ass relatives come from the trailer park ta visit season 😉

Looks good CLFMak. I just don’t know what your neighbors may think when they see you beating the hell out of cross hanging in your yard 😯

I said seasonal merchandise because it would probably be limited edition….

clfmak

Re:

quote \”Combative Edge\:

Looks good CLFMak. I just don’t know what your neighbors may think when they see you beating the hell out of cross hanging in your yard 😯

Haha, I hadn’t considered that.

giant-killer

Hmmm, interesting device. How do you use it with weapons? And joint locks? Maybe one could put a soccer ball on top, to simulate a head? Or the head of one of those dummies they have inside stores?

vwr32

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

Lets see ya gothcha fishin season, an yer huntin’ season and the season when all the drunk ass relatives come from the trailer park ta visit season 😉

rofl

kmcat

Re:

quote \”Giant Killer\:

I wonder if slashing the attacker’s throat with my Krav knife could have any legal consequences? 🙂

By the way, I saw \”Bourne Ultimatum\” yesterday, there is a good fight scene with improvised weapons. Candleholder, book and a towel vs knife defense. 😀 Goes by kinda fast, though, so one would have to get the DVD later and maybe slow it down.

It looked like a pretty radical fight scene, but I did not like the hurky jerky camera shooting style for the movie. Using that once and a while spices up a movie, but using for every freaking scene got old.

It was an ok movie otherwise. Seeing it on DVD will be good.

giant-killer

I thought the improvised weapon scene went by pretty fast, but the movie wasn’t bad.

Saw \”Rush Hour\” on Monday, that one is just kind of silly, some fun fight stuff, but mostly comedy.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: