Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Phase Favorite/Worst/Most Memorable Moments

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    ericajow

Being a whopping 2 days into Phase … I’d like to hear if any of you “veterans” have any memorable Phase memories – the good, the bad, and the ugly!! 🙂

Come on – let’s hear ’em!!!

phlegmon27

Re: Phase Favorite/Worst/Most Memorable Moments

Just completed Phase “A” in NY with Sam Sade. Without a doubt one of the most memorable weeks of my entire life. Finished on Friday, and I still cannot walk straight. Epsom Salts are your best friend.

Never quit the fight.
    Position is everything!

Phil

la-revancha

quote Ericajow:

Being a whopping 2 days into Phase … I’d like to hear if any of you “veterans” have any memorable Phase memories – the good, the bad, and the ugly!! 🙂

Come on – let’s hear ’em!!!

Ahh, phase….where to begin (chime in here, Emil):

I had Darren all of day 1, Phase A. That erased any doubt or anxiety about wanting to be there.

We had nearly 40 people in phase B. Ridiculous. If I am not mistaken, at least 5 were seriously injured, or caught folliculitis!!!

An instructor from Rohnert Park brought a curly wig and did uncanny impersonations of Darren all week, thus dubbing phase C “the wig” campaign.

Most memorable phase moment?

The end of Expert V.

No surrender!

kirk

I second that Phil!! Position is Everything!! Focus mit work… Liver shot, left hook, right cross. “A Right cross solves problems” -Sam Sade

Sam’s Lecture on Transfer of Knowledge… I’ll leave it at that. God I love that man!!! LOL I’d go to war with him anytime!

NEVER QUIT!!!

“It’s not a fight, it’s a beating!!”

krav-harp

I have a stupid question. What is “phase”? I keep on picturing thos Star Trek guns. 🙂

kirk

It’s what those who aspire to become Krav Maga certified instructors go through. 6 days of 8 hours of training, on the 7th day, physical test, written test, and teaching test.

Greatest experience of my life!

phlegmon27

Right-straight, Left-hook.
    Pop it like a cherry.

saruotoko

How’s this for memorable: Being dumb enough not to know I broke my wrist doing 360’s until about 3 months AFTER Phase A. Only memorable thing from Phase B was the bruising. It was pretty nasty. 🙂

Good times, though!

Mario

la-revancha

quote saruotoko:

Only memorable thing from Phase B was the bruising. It was pretty nasty. 🙂

The only other person I saw bruise worse was Shannon Hiromasa in phase B. Both forearms, wrist to elbow, and both shins, knee to ankle, were completely purple.

Gnarly.

saruotoko

Yup….those would be some of my bruises. Other bruise pictures from Phase B would have required further undressing, and I’d be afraid you’d have had to photoshop the image to compensate for how pale I am. lol

To paraphrase Ryan Hoover…..you can bet there was plenty of ‘growth’ due to my ‘discomfort’ during Phase. 😉

Mario

leejam99

you need a shave and a tan.

ryan

Ok, so, when I went to phase A, I knew virtually ZERO about Krav Maga (remember, at this time there were not a lot of schools.) My exposure to KM was an article in Black Belt Magazine ONLY, and I had Whitman for half the week and Sam for half.

My first experience with mock teaching was a DISASTER. Sam’s advice to me afterwards was, “Ryan, you need to go out tonight and get drunk and get laid.” At least he pulled me aside. I still thank him for that.

Sam, I miss you, brother.

jenn

Congrats to all who go thru Phase. And Mario – those bruises are U G L Y. hehe.

kirk

quote Ryan:

Ok, so, when I went to phase A, I knew virtually ZERO about Krav Maga (remember, at this time there were not a lot of schools.) My exposure to KM was an article in Black Belt Magazine ONLY, and I had Whitman for half the week and Sam for half.

My first experience with mock teaching was a DISASTER. Sam’s advice to me afterwards was, “Ryan, you need to go out tonight and get drunk and get laid.” At least he pulled me aside. I still thank him for that.

Sam, I miss you, brother.

Yeah Sam is awesome, we were honored to have him for Phase! “Pain is a great teacher but most people can’t take it’s class.” -Sam

kravmdmatt

One of the things I remember most about my Phase A in Los Angeles really had nothing to do with the actual phase. I was crammed in the tiny Room 3 of the NTC with about 9 other candidates (there were 30 people in my class).

Soon before I was called up to teach, I was standing by the door to the courtyard when Amir Peretz and a very large, muscular guy walked by us to go out into the courtyard to work out.

Both Amir and the other guy stripped down and began doing weight training and calisthetics in their underwear!

Now Amir’s reputation certainly preceded him, and I was definitely honored to meet him. I was awed by his presence and impressed with his skills. I did well on my teaching but it was odd trying to teach the group during the final test with Amir and another guy in the background working out almost naked.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: