Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Philadelphia School Closing?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    nanook

Anyone here know what’s going on with the school in Philadelphia? Two weeks without classes and a padlock on the front door. I tried to call the school and the number is temporarily disconnected at the customer’s request. Any insight into what is going on would be genuinely appreciated.

nanook

Just checking back again…. no one has an update on this I guess. I have to admit I am growing a bit frustrated. Any update would genuinely be appreciated.

psyops

Nanook,

Call the NTC! They would no what’s going on.

nanook

Good suggestion, will do, when I find out the deal I will post it here so that other interested parties can find out as well.

nc-southpaw

try using elbows 1-7 to bust through the padlock and then straight kick to break thru the door…..hope school opens up soon ….Krav Class with Cheesesteaks right next door…..quite a combination ,….regards to the family….see you at the wedding….

nanook

All Cheesesteaks and no Krav class make Nanook a chubby boy.

anonymous

So, what happened?

nanook

Here’s the latest….the two second answer is that they are making a genuine effort to resolve the situation. I’m posting the e-mail that was sent today by Erine Kirk, (the owner of the school) just got in case some of my classmates are not on the e-mail distribution list.
    ————————————————————————————
    Dear Students,

We are extremely sorry for this inconvenience, we have been trying repeatedly to find out when we can reopen, but have gotten no definite dates. If you are interested in training at any of our other facilities, we will give you 2 free months of training. We are also looking to move classes to another Philadelphia facility, I will be able to give you further information tomorrow. I would like to invite all of you to a seminar I am conducting in Glen Mills on June 24th at 2 pm, this seminar will be FREE to any Philadelphia students, call Melissa at 610-459-1933 for more information.

Thank you again for your support and dedication, we are as frustrated as you concerning this. We apologize for any problems this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
    Ernie Kirk

kravmdjeff

Nanook, I don’t know if this means anything, but once I read your letter and realized it was Ernie’s school, I can tell you Ernie would do everything in his power to make sure everything is running smoothly with his students. Our facilities down here in Maryland have worked with him on a few occasions, and it’s always been a tremendous experience. I would suggest you take him up on his offer for the free seminar, because it will be a great time.

nanook

Jeff… Thanks for the head’s up and I may make it out to the training… unfortunately I got the e-mail contained below today so….to put it nicely, I am out of luck. It looks like the Philly school is closing and now I’m going to have to decide between travelling over an hour for Krav classes (an option I’m considering, or look to another martial art until a new school opens) It’s hard to believe that there isn’t a school within an hour of me. It makes no sense, and if anyone from the NTC is reading this, I guarantee you this \”If you build it, they will come\”… You really should consider starting a school in South Jersey.. the Cherry Hill area in particular is ripe for a Krav Maga school… I could go to my temple tomorrow and get at least 20 people to sign up. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to use my dvd’s for now… This is truly a sad day, see below for the details. If anyone from the Philadelphia school is reading this, I truly enjoyed training with you… For the record, Krav helped me to get half way to my weight loss goal in a mere three months (40 lbs lost and counting).
    ————————————————————————————
    Dear Students,

It saddens me greatly to have to tell you this, but I do not see the Philadelphia school reopening anytime soon, I have made arrangements for students to train at another location. I have canceled everyone’s account with ASF and have set up a special discounted rate with Balance Studios (BJJ, Thai Boxing and MMA) please call Phil at 215-636-9661 for information. Anyone interested in transfering to Berwyn (610-647-6440), Glen Mills (610-459-1933) or Kennett Square (610-444-8960) will recieve 2 free months of training. Also, we will be offering an Animal Day Training which will be free for all Philadelphia students and I will have Melissa forward you the information.

Sincerely,
    Ernie Kirk

leftie79

Why is the Philly school closing? From posts I have read it looked like it had a good amount of traffic coming in and a excellent instructor. Just curious.

vicious

i can tell you that the philly instructors were awweesome..

though i hear there are other good instructors in the other locations. I’d check the schedules and see what nights there are multiple classes. It might be worth driving a hour if you can train for 4… ya know?

nanook

I do not have any insight into why the school is closing… most classes that I attended were filled to capacity, and I have nothing but kind words to say about the instructors there. I’m actually trying out another school in Newtown PA tonight, about 45 minutes from my house according to MAPQUEST.

la-revancha

Is that the 9th street school? Man, I was JUST watching old footage of a gun seminar I went to up there over a year and a half ago (that’s when I first met MDJeff’s colleague, Matt). I LOVED THAT PLACE!!!

That sucks 🙁

All my best and SALUDOS to the KMPA peeps out there.

kravmdjeff

Yeah, Matt and I also did a Phase B training up at Glen Mills (another KMPA school).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: