Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Philadelphia School Closing?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    nanook

Rinaldo, thanks for the suggestion but I’m going to stick with the Newtown location. But it would be cool if the link to your school’s site were added to this site so that othere folks not looking in this forum could check it out.

nanook

To George:

Formerly of Philly, now at Newtown… You left your grappling gloves at class….I grabbed them and I’ll bring them to class on Thursday.

kravgrl

I’m really sad to see the philly school close. I went to a 2 day seminar with Darren Levine and met Ernie last year. Everyone was motivated.

It’s hard to believe the school went downhill. No one is giving a real reason either. I hate it when that happens. I’ve been through 2 schools with internal problems.

My sympathies to all who lost their Krav school in Philly!

🙁

kadima

shady

johnwhitman

We are trying to contact the school owner and figure out what has happened also. As soon as we know the facts, we’ll do everything we can to keep KM training available in Philly!

nanook

John… the update will be genuinely appreciated, there are a lot of us scratching our heads. I know that you and everyone else at the NTC will do everything possible to remedy the situation. You have handled this with class, and the particulars of this specific situation have in now way jaded my opinion of the folks at the NTC. I’m sure however that you can empathiseze with our frustration over not being able to contact the school’s owner and with being charged for classes at a school that no longer exists.

kirsten

I am new to the forum so please excuse for interjecting suddenly…

Nanook,

I am sorry to hear about your school. I am more sorry to hear that you are getting charged still. I had something like this happen to me before and I just told my bank they were no longer authorized to do EFT’s on my account. Perhaps that may help, I am not sure if you would have to pay a fee for that or not tho.

Best of luck with your training in a new facility, sometimes change is good… 😉

Tomoe

psyops

Nanook,

Call your bank and make sure that they are aware that you no longer authorize that company to charge your account. It is complete chicken shit for any business to participate in this kind of activity. Additionally it has an effect on the brand! Stuff like this should never be tolerated and I don’t care how long the owner has been around!

nanook

Thanks for the tip, I’m one step ahead of you…… my bank has already been notified and I have taken the steps to ensure that future withdrawls will not be accepted. I have also (since repeated attempts to reach the school’s owner via e-mail were not met with a reply) started the process of trying to get charges reversed through my bank. Unforunately, my bank is hitting me up for $25 for this service and there are no guarantees that they will be able to recover any money. This has consumed way too much of my free time, and I suspect that I am not alone in feeling this way, but anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I am an optimist… so I totally agree with Tomoe’s comment about change being good sometimes… In summation I’ve found a new school, started checkng out this board and subsequently read about some interesting stuff and learned a valuable lesson about the potential reprocussions of engaging in business transactions involving automatic withdrawls from my account. I’m confident that this will get resolved in time, but until then i want to say thanks to everyone who offered advice and displayed genuine empathy to my particular situation.

lemuria

Nanook: It really, really sucks what you’re going through…I’m sorry for that, I just wanted to say that it’s very cool of you to speak up. Unfortunately you’re not the only one but you’re at least choosing to tell people that this isn’t right. I’m sure they will thank you for it!

kirsten

Nanook,

I am sorry this one school and instructor has turned you off to EFT’s. They are so much easier but the banks do make it a pain on us.

Also, I thank you also for speaking up. I am new- but all of this feels like \”A Dirty Little Secret\”. Nobody seems to want to say much and they are cutting a wide birth around this topic.

I will be keeping an eye on my school and perhaps digging a little deeper into my schools history, ie Better Business Bureau!

Krav is just so worth it and there are more good instuctors than bad. We just have to weed out the ones who are teaching us for the wrong reasons.

Thank you and I hope the NTC can help, sounds like the boss is on it tho!

nanook

Thought i’d provide an update… the folks at my former school have offered to reimburse me for last month’s training… so it looks like this matter will be resolved after all.

kirsten

Good News!

I am thinking a little \”forum-pressure\” did the trick! Not to mention, the NTC I am also sure.

Stay on the balls of your feet!

rta

Re:

quote \”johnwhitman\:

we’ll do everything we can to keep KM training available in Philly!

Mr. Whitman:

Do you know anything futher? Will a NTC approved Krav Maga school be opening again in Philly? I know it’s a holiday week and had intended to wait until later in the month to press further, but then read the following in a local paper:

\”Philadelphia police are looking for a man they said sexually assaulted a woman at gunpoint before leaving with her purse and other personal items.

Police said that about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, the man followed a 31-year-old woman from the 2100 block of Lombard Street to the rear of 2000 South St., where he pointed a small black revolver and demanded her money. After he snatched her purse, he sexually assaulted the woman and left in a dark vehicle that resembled a Chevrolet Lumina.

Police described the suspect as black, age 25 to 30, 6 feet to 6-foot-2. He was heavy with scruffy facial hair and wore a dark shirt, black pants, and a black nylon scarf tied around his head.

Police are asking anyone with information to call the Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251 or -3252.\”

I used to live in this area and still spend a lot of time around here. Would love to have a place to continue training.

I don’t expect an immediate answer, just wanted to keep this thread alive in light of recent events. Hope you have a great holiday!

kirsten

OK, I have what is probably going to be considered a stupid question, but I am new so I am sure to be allowed a few.

What is a PMA school and are they affiliated with Krav Maga? When I \”google\” it, I get some different sites but it doesn’t really seem to tell me if all KM schools are going to this or just some, and why?

I also see that some have other Israeli martial arts as well as Krav Maga. Then this closure of the PA school. Just curious really.

Thanks if anyone can answer my silly questions. I asked one of my instructors, who also teaches a LE class but they didn’t seem to know much about it either.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: