Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Politics & History – that old taboo topic!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Re: Politics & History – that old taboo topic!!

I really don’t think we were on the hatorade, just having a fun discussion among friends. :):

Seriously, Miriam, what did you expect starting a thread “politics, that old taboo topic”? Of course the old sparks would fly. ;):

But sure, let’s discuss spa treatments. That’s a nice gig, writing about spas. You get to be all pampered for free, how can I get in on that?

quote vwr32:

Even without WMD, we still unseated and brought to justice an entire government guilty of horrendous crimes to their own populace. The irony is that it appears a regime similar to Saddam’s is required to establish and maintain order.

Haha… I pissed off one of my terps by mentioning the fact that Saddam knew how to keep the Iraqi people in line. Sore subject I guess thumbsup

Regardless of the whole WMD issue… There was a cease-fire agreement made in ’91 that had been violated on a continuous basis until the invasion in ’03. The only thing that suprised me about going back in the first place is that we didn’t do it in ’92.

J-

quote vwr32:

Even without WMD, we still unseated and brought to justice an entire government guilty of horrendous crimes to their own populace. The irony is that it appears a regime similar to Saddam’s is required to establish and maintain order.

Haha… I pissed off one of my terps by mentioning the fact that Saddam knew how to keep the Iraqi people in line. Sore subject I guess thumbsup

Regardless of the whole WMD issue… There was a cease-fire agreement made in ’91 that had been violated on a continuous basis until the invasion in ’03. The only thing that suprised me about going back in the first place is that we didn’t do it in ’92.

J-

miriam

quote Giant Killer:

Seriously, Miriam, what did you expect starting a thread “politics, that old taboo topic”? Of course the old sparks would fly. ;):

But sure, let’s discuss spa treatments. That’s a nice gig, writing about spas. You get to be all pampered for free, how can I get in on that?

Yes, you’re right… I guess I’m just feelin a little left out b/c I got nuthin’ to add to threads about war, military issues, etc. (sniff, sniff) :(: And given the caliber of those in these forums who do have seriously extensive experience and knowledge from being in the military, law enforcement, etc., I wouldn’t endeavor to jump in with my 2 cents. But if they want to know what shoes to wear with their “outfits,” or where to get a good massage or hydrating facial, then I’m your woman.

My good friend – actually, she’s a great friend – hooked me up with the writing gig b/c, like almost everyone else in this town, I have always wanted to write. I began about 2 years ago with a spa piece for Zink, a New York based fashion mag, and it just expanded from there to writing about new music, restaurants and various lifestyle pieces. These are five-sense, descriptive articles, though, not reviews. I have NO business or training to be a music or restaurant critic! However, I have definitely enjoyed hitting some of the fun, hot spots in this town… Parc, Comme Ca, Craft, Katsuya Hollywood, Fraiche… mmmmm!!!

I wrote a semi-funny piece about going through Junior Merkel’s Intro to Fight class for a column called, “Hurts So Good,” which contrary to what it sounds, isn’t about S&M, but is a humorous look at things we do for beauty and other self-improvment. Michael M. has a copy of it, and one of these days, he says he’s going to slap it in a frame and put it up at the NTC but we shall see…

vwr32

quote downforlife76:

J-

I agree… we should have enforced the resolutions at the first violation. At the time, the UN authorization to attack Iraq was aimed at getting Saddam’s military out of Kuwait. As part of the cease fire agreement (which would leave him in command if he agreed to the conditions), he was to follow the resolutions created as a result of his hostilities towards kuwait and his known use of chemical warfare. Our decisions to not go back in immediately demonstrate a repeated effort on our part to allow Saddam opportunity after opportunity to comply. If Bush Sr is to blame for not pressuring UN to enforce the resolutions immediately after the war, the clinton admin should be viewed as grossly negligent.

Not that Saddam was tied to 9/11, but he might not have been seen as such a threat if 1) clinton had killed bin Laden when he had the chance and 9/11 never happened or 2) Saddam had been brought into compliance at some point during the clinton administration. Keep in mind… almost ALL of the intel used to justify a war in 2003 came from data gathered since the end of Desert Storm. I figured a timeline might help outline my point…

At the same time I point the finger at clinton for not doing something sooner, to his defense he didn’t have 9/11 impacting his decisions for protecting America. I’m betting he might have zipped up long enough to make some different choices concerning Iraq if the towers fell on his watch.

vwr32

quote Miriam:

Yes, you’re right… I guess I’m just feelin a little left out b/c I got nuthin’ to add to threads about war, military issues, etc. (sniff, sniff) :(:

I felt bad thinking I contributed to you feeling alienated in your own thread. :(: GK was right, it’s just natural the gloves come out and people start taking sides.

But just to show I’m a good guy, I thought I might get us back on the original topic of poking fun at political affiliations. Hope this brings that smile back! thumbsup

bradm

downforlife, I hear you. God bless you and all our military personnel for serving.

miriam

quote vwr32:

I felt bad thinking I contributed to you feeling alienated in your own thread. :(: GK was right, it’s just natural the gloves come out and people start taking sides.

But just to show I’m a good guy, I thought I might get us back on the original topic of poking fun at political affiliations. Hope this brings that smile back! thumbsup

Awww… how very sweet and thoughtful of you! I just hope you aren’t too disappointed when the Dems take back the White House!:wav:

quote Miriam:

Awww… how very sweet and thoughtful of you! I just hope you aren’t too disappointed when the Dems take back the White House!:wav:

Yeah… We’re gonna be so disapointed when that happens in 2016 thumbsup

vwr32

quote Miriam:

I’m bracing for it… I think obama is going to be our next president.

I won’t be disappointed. He’s an American too. thumbsup

quote vwr32:

I’m bracing for it… I think obama is going to be our next president.

I won’t be disappointed. He’s an American too. thumbsup

I’d vote for Hillary before I voted for Obama. He seems like one of those guys who would just sit on every foriegn policy decision and leave it for the next guy to clean up. A lot of rhetoric, no action. Boo that man!

Heh… they’re all politicians anyways. I don’t think there’s a chance of a carpenter, a cop, or a mechanic winning any time in the near future.

J-

giant-killer

I thought you were running downforlife. Good luck. You get my vote if you get us all a wrestling dummy. :):

vwr32

quote downforlife76:

He seems like one of those guys who would just sit on every foriegn policy decision and leave it for the next guy to clean up.

J-

um yeah… that’s sort of the point. ;):

The alternative is to have hillary screwing things up. Neither one gets my vote, I just think obama will come out on top because he has Oprah’s support.

quote Giant Killer:

I thought you were running downforlife. Good luck. You get my vote if you get us all a wrestling dummy. :):

I’ll tell you what… I’m going to get a wrestling dummy for NTC. I’m going to get a wrestling dummy for GK. I’m going to get a wrestling dummy for Sean. Im going to get a wrestling dummy for VWR. I’m going to get a wrestling dummy for everyone on this thread…. And we’re gonna take our wrestling dummies and we’re going straight to the White House!

quote vwr32:

um yeah… that’s sort of the point. ;):

The alternative is to have hillary screwing things up. Neither one gets my vote, I just think obama will come out on top because he has Oprah’s support.

Hell… Why doesn’t Oprah just run? Sheesh… I would have take Stephen Colbert’s campaign more seriously than these two. :Surprised:

***Speacial off-topic side note. There was just a 2 second long fight on my front lawn. All I heard was “Come on! Hit me! Hit me!” *CRACK!!!*. I guess you don’t say that crap with your guard down if you can’t really take a punch, because that dude dropped like a wet sack of crap. Hehe… I love San Pedro… You don’t even need a TV in this town!

J-

vwr32

quote downforlife76:

Im going to get a wrestling dummy for VWR.

And we’re gonna take our wrestling dummies and we’re going straight to the White House!

You guys go ahead. I’m gonna prop mine up in the empty chair next to me at the bar.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: