Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    meangene

I’m not really mean, I just like the way it rhymes. Nice Gene doesn’t sound as cool, lol.

g-v

Well, you could be greengene. Or beangene if your mex… Hey, how bout them Bears!

sadders

In my class we often start with a 20 min run.

Also all there is a lot of warm up/conditioning work.

I recomend a good pair of running shoes sucj as Asics or New Balance.

Bye the way, I am a podiatrist.

anonymous

Or queengene, if you like to wear girl’s clothes… 8)

bradm

New Balance cross trainer’s have always worked great for me.

By the way – \”We have a saying in the Air Force, \”fight like you train, train like you fight.\”

I remember that slogan and it would certainly apply to self defense training. However, in the Air Force it did normally apply to training for hand to hand or ground combat situations. It applied to flying squadrons and support squadrons preparing to provide air support during a war time senario.

Just my 2 cents from a 26 1/2 year retired USAF CMSgt.

anonymous

When would you be involved in ground combat as a member of the Air Force? Would that be just in case you are shot down, or could you also be sent on a mission where you will have to get out of your plane and fight on the ground (during rescue operations for example)?

bradm

GK
    Your questions imply that you believe everyone in the Air Force flies in a plane. Not true by a long shot. For every air crew member there are hundreds of non-flying ground support personnel whose mission is to support the flying mission. I was in aircraft maintenance. Most maintenance personnel have no need to be trained in ground combat or hand to hand. They do have to qualify with small arms weapon just in case their base is attacked or overrun sometime. That has happened, but not often. However, their small arms training is or where near a intense as the Marines or Army.

\”When would you be involved in ground combat as a member of the Air Force?\”

To answer that question, there are units in the Air Force that are trained in combat operations. The Security Police for example are tasked with defending the parimiter of the base. In some areas that can be a very dangerous situation and they have to be prepared to handle adverse situations such as a terrorist attack or some other faction trying to overrun the base. In many war zones, The Marines or Army provide security to Air Bases. But the Air Force is envoled in many operations where they deply to asture sites with no Marines or Army to protect the base. The Security Police and augmentees have to provide that support.

The Air Force Forward Controllers (Combat Controllers) is another agency that has to be well trained in combat operations to include parachute jump school. They are often dropped behind enemy lines with the Army to provide cordinates for air strikes and extractions. They have other dangerous missions also that I do not care to discuss.

Then there are the PJ’s (para rescue). There are times when they have to repel or jump behind enemy lines or into icy waters to rescue a downed pilot or other crew member. They to have to go through jump school training and be highly trained in combat operations.

I’m not trying to put the Air Force on the same pedestal as the Marines or Army when it comes to combat training – that would be silly and an untruth. I’m just trying to answer your question about when would anyone in the Air Force need combat training.

Hope I didn’t offend anyone.

psyops

Brad makes some good points.

However in all my time in the ARMY I never ran into any airmen in a forward area! LOL..

GO ARMY!

anonymous

Thanks Brad, that was very informative. GO AIR FORCE!

wyldejackyl

Sketchers or New Balance shoes – I wear ’em everywhere (due for a new pair, as a matter of fact…)

klem2

I used to just wear my every day cross trainers. The trouble was, that between everyday use, Krav classes, and other workouts, they wore out just way too fast. These shoes aren’t designed to take much wear on the toes or on the tops so the kicking really took its toll.

I tried wrestling shoes, and those were great for most drills, but not the best if alot of running was involved. Also, not very similar to what I wore every day.

I’m in the indoor soccer shoe camp right now. Obviously you can run in them, they allow for both lateral movement and pivoting of the foot, and are are designed for a sport that kicks- with reinforced toes and the upper portion of the foot. It’s a little bit lighter than my everydays shoes, but still fairly normal.

anonymous

Don’t soccer shoes have some type of spikes? Would suck to get kicked with them.

klem2

\”Indoor\” not \”outdoor\” soccer shoes. the indoor version have flat rubber soles.

anonymous

Ah, that’s better. Although in an actual street fight the outdoor ones might give you a nice extra tool.

anonymous

Shoes not to wear:
    Stripper Shoes
    Flip Flops
    Goth Platform Boots
    Cowboy Boots
    Painters Stilts

Though, it would be an intersting class to watch!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: