Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Re: Speaking of Shoes

Well I guess I’m going to have to order online. No one in my area has any shoes in stock unless you prefer lime green or bright red which I don’t.

As an update I decided to go with these. Found a good price for them $59.95 plus $6.00 shipping.

Hope they work as good as they look.

http://www.disciplinefootwear.com/martial-arts-footwear/jaewoo-mid-shoe.html

Attachments:

bradm

I used New Balance cross trainers. worked well for me and lasted. I Don’t recall having a problem piviting on the matts.

quote BradM:

I used New Balance cross trainers. worked well for me and lasted. I Don’t recall having a problem piviting on the matts.

Attempting to do round kicks in Cross Trainers doesn’t work to well for me. I get to much grip on the shoes and I am unable to follow through completely with the kicks.

kmman

Any brand of martial arts, wrestling or boxing shoe will help. I wouldnt worry about what you are most likely to be wearing if you were attacked since you cant predict. Maybe someone in law enforcement can predict when he/she will encounter a problem with more probability.

quote HazardousSmoker:

Attempting to do round kicks in Cross Trainers doesn’t work to well for me. I get to much grip on the shoes and I am unable to follow through completely with the kicks.

It’s a bit more difficult, but after a while I was able to pull it off. You just need to shift your weight around a bit.

J-

giant-killer

Yes, and pivot on the ball of your foot, not the entire foot. Should not really be a problem.

Well at this point it doesn’t matter because I have already purchased shoes.

Wish I had more of a chance to dedicate in figuring out but our Krav Classes aren’t like those of you who workout in larger venues.

Our Krav students workout in the same area and do the same workouts no matter the level so things are always changing.

Whatever you decide to do about shoes, if you are looking to buy the Jaewoo Mid shoes from Discipline online do NOT attempt to order them from http://www.jkdextreme.com (JKD Extreme Martial Arts).

I found they were supposedly selling them on their website but after ordering them myself I can not get in contact with them via email OR the telephone number on their website at all.

I have filed a complaint via paypal on this matter.

The only reason I attempted to buy from them is that the advertised price was about $10 cheaper than anyone else.

nixxon

Hazardous sorry about the issue you’re having with that site.

Just a quick blurb though, Discipline footwear is pretty much what everyone uses exclusively at my training center. Everyone absolutely loves them. The only reason I don’t use them is because I wear a size 14 and it would have taken forever for them to come in so I just got myself some indoor adidas soccer shoes which work pretty well.

quote Nixxon:

Hazardous sorry about the issue you’re having with that site.

Just a quick blurb though, Discipline footwear is pretty much what everyone uses exclusively at my training center. Everyone absolutely loves them. The only reason I don’t use them is because I wear a size 14 and it would have taken forever for them to come in so I just got myself some indoor adidas soccer shoes which work pretty well.

Thanks for the insight Nixxon, it’s nice to hear when you’ve made a good choice. It’s always a gamble when you buy something you’ve never tried before, nor been able to see in person. Everyone I’ve seen talk about them have raved about them so I thought all those people can’t be wrong.

Hopefully PayPal can get my money back for me. Not sure what happened with that Dojo but just can’t get in contact with anyone nor will they return my messages on their voice mail.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote Psyops:

Brad makes some good points.

However in all my time in the ARMY I never ran into any airmen in a forward area! LOL..

GO ARMY!

Guess you were never forward enough or in deep enough **** to need a PJ. rofl2Those guys are nuts, in a good way

russell

Re:

quote unstpabl1:

Guess you were never forward enough or in deep enough **** to need a PJ. rofl2Those guys are nuts, in a good way

i have a pair of nike whatevers that i use just for class, and a pair of avais that i wear for work and on the weekends, both are sneakers or tennis shoes or whatever you want to call them, but i wear tennis shoes all the time and belive in “train as you fight” if i wore boots i would train in boots

as for the pj’s they have my utmost respect, i don’t know any but have watched the shows about them, all the training of a seal, delta force,or recon marine PLUS 12 or 16 weeks of paramedic school, i think the word’s that described them the best were that they “were trained to rescue downed airforce assesets(sp?)” (ie pilots,guncrews and the like) in that way they are “special forces doctors” and have been assinged to delta,seals, and other special forces teams, they have a twofold description.. get to and retrieve the target and fix them (ie scott o’grady in bosnia is the only pilot i can think of off the top of my head) but that was a pararescue operation

not that they don’t have it hard in the other special forces, but in my opinion the pjs have it twice as hard due to the advanced medical traning that they do jmho

i hope my comments don’t make any one mad

russell

quote HazardousSmoker:

Whatever you decide to do about shoes, if you are looking to buy the Jaewoo Mid shoes from Discipline online do NOT attempt to order them from http://www.jkdextreme.com (JKD Extreme Martial Arts).

I found they were supposedly selling them on their website but after ordering them myself I can not get in contact with them via email OR the telephone number on their website at all.

I have filed a complaint via paypal on this matter.

The only reason I attempted to buy from them is that the advertised price was about $10 cheaper than anyone else.

I am reiterating to everyone if you decide to go with Discipline shoes and you are shopping online DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

I filed a complaint with PayPal and although they decided in my favor I did not get my money back.

That’s a $66 lesson in trusting what I thought was a legitimate company.

I have also posted on http://www.Ripoffreport.com about them but I doubt I’ll ever see my money again.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: