Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    nate2010

Re: Training Frequency

hitting it 7 days a week, barring birthdays, anniversaries etc. Krav monday-thursday, and saturday afternoon. friday night is an MMA class and 2 hours of jiu jitsu sunday evenings after work. oh yeah plus 2 days just weightlifting on my off days (wed. and friday)

blindfold

I usually see how I feel during the day of class. If I have had a very hard week of training then I will go 3 times. If it was pretty slow or not quite enough I will head into 4 or 5 classes a week.

Tonight I had a new guy so on Saturday I will try to work ever so much harder. Tonight I would work more on technique and helping someone else learn the way of things. Instead of just beating the hell out of him and him never wanting to come back. Hopefully it was a good experience and I will get to torture him another day. I did tell him about our lovely community of people here. Every new person should recieve this forum as part of a starter kit. Well that and some water and oxygen. thumbsup

bdw

I’ve been reading the forums for a while but never had any real input but this particular topic hit home with me. Those of you that train more than 5 days a week and for multiple hours in a day; Are ya’ll married?? I work all day then try to train 2 or 3 times a week with out upsetting the wife to much. She likes me to be home for dinner every now and again and work on my honey do list. Also, some of you train Krav, MMA, BJJ, and go to the gym. I wish I had a job that would allow me to be able to pay for all that or a wife that would allow me to spend all my money on more training. Don’t get me wrong I think it is awesome that some of you can get away with it but my question is HOW?:OhMy:

Thanks guys and I really enjoy reading the forum.

vwr32

quote bdw:

Don’t get me wrong I think it is awesome that some of you can get away with it but my question is HOW?:OhMy:

Welcome to the board. :wav:

While I only train krav right now, I train 6 days a week in some form of exercise. Mostly crossfit stuff and punching bag, and just a bit of traditional weights. I try to get my wife involved in as much of the workouts as possible, and sort of become each others support team and coach. We each research different exercises so it’s never the same routine.

For us, we decided together we weren’t going to end up old folks looking back on decades of time in front of the tv with few memories outside of the holidays. I’m not saying you should mutiny your wife’s authority (*snicker*), but keep in mind it’s your life too. Maybe something like we did will help get you on a path you’re happier with, where both of you agree an active lifestyle is much more appealing than years of tv shows you’ll forget about anyway (excluding Lost of course). Once we both saw the benefit, getting healthy and exercising is only a stepping stone to help us maintain that lifestyle.

Good luck. thumbsup

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote bdw:

Don’t get me wrong I think it is awesome that some of you can get away with it but my question is HOW?.

LOL mine points to the door and says you need to go train before you kill something.

johnl-d11

quote bdw:

I’ve been reading the forums for a while but never had any real input but this particular topic hit home with me. Those of you that train more than 5 days a week and for multiple hours in a day; Are ya’ll married?? I work all day then try to train 2 or 3 times a week with out upsetting the wife to much. She likes me to be home for dinner every now and again and work on my honey do list. Also, some of you train Krav, MMA, BJJ, and go to the gym. I wish I had a job that would allow me to be able to pay for all that or a wife that would allow me to spend all my money on more training. Don’t get me wrong I think it is awesome that some of you can get away with it but my question is HOW?:OhMy:

My wife is a hairdresser so we both get home around 9pm at night. On days she is off, we go to the crossfit gym together then I usually get home an hour and a half afterward since I go to the KM school.

quote CJs Dad:

LOL mine points to the door and says you need to go train before you kill something.

LOL, Now thats what I call positive reinforcement. :rofl2:

mara-jade

quote bdw:

Welcome bdw!

The secret for ME is hubby and I both do KM – talk about awesome marriage therapy. rofl2

jjbklb

Monday & Wed pm class
    M,W,F am cardiokickboxing,plus an hour walk before class
    T,Thur,Sat- run 1 to 2 hours
    T,Thur- 1 1/4 hours weights

I just bought kettlebells.Now I have to figure out when I’m going to add that regimen in ??????

brewerm

Getting attacked coming out of our gym with all the different martial arts going on, I suspect it might be a fight to find out how and who is going to kick the hell out of the attacker to practice their dicipline, unless of course it was one of the other students, that wouldn’t be good

bey

Mon, Wed: Fitness class
    Tue, Thur: Self-defense & short run after
    Sat, Sun: Long run

And I feel everybody who says they feel like such slackers on days off. I’m having a hard time taking a day off too.

Glad to be on the board.

tatdad

quote bdw:

I just train at 6am i have to leave at 5 and drive 40 miles but i am done at 7or 730 then off to work.

tatdad

quote bdw:

quote mara_jade:

Welcome bdw!

The secret for ME is hubby and I both do KM – talk about awesome marriage therapy. rofl2

that may be damaging to train together after a big fight.

faeflora

I go to class 5 days a week

monday lunch,evening crossfit, level 1 and 2
    tuesday crossfit and level 2
    wednesday lunch, evening heavy bag and level 2, level 1
    thursday partial crossfit, level 2, fight class
    saturday 1.5hr fight class, level 2.

friday nothing
    sunday nothing

sometimes i chill a little and skip a day.

i weigh 150, 6′
    eat about 2500-3000 calories per day
    vegan

i sometimes get ****ty light sprains and crap and then i do nothing or take it very very easy on that joint. the rest heals me up good. sometimes i take off a week or two if i am el sucko and that’s ok. don’t lose any strength, just the first 2 hours of exercise is really really hard and then i’m just fine. i think that my diet helps greatly with my recovery as well as stamina..

mara-jade

Wanted to welcome you to the forum faeflora!

Hubby and I were doing 2 classes a day at times for awhile. We’re back in training now and have gone almost every day.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: