Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics "Training is great and all, but useless in a real life situation"

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    jdawgmcb

Re: "Training is great and all, but useless in a real life situation"

I really appreciate the quality of the responses that i’m getting on this forum – the people on here seem to be wise in more than just the physical art of fighting.

Every single day that I train krav maga i get a new sense of confidence…its raising tremendously. Then again – i am still a kid and i don’t like it when people make me feel inferior physically (as far as the alpha male perpsective)…I just need to keep training 🙂

guitarded-1

IMHO Krav is not about ego or competition, as these are the concepts that can effectively psyche you out if/when a serious confrontation arises. Krav is about survival…perhaps the most pure and deeply ingrained of human instincts. Once you truly take this concept to heart, you will realize how silly it is to care about what some other guy thinks, how many fights he has been in, etc. In fact, I will submit to you that you are far better off being able to de-humanize your attacker as much as possible.

Focus on self-preservation and tune out the school yard BS. Krav is not about getting the other guy to tap…it’s about being ready/willing/able to crush a windpipe or bite off a chunk of someone’s face if that’s what it takes for you to survive. Make sure you have your head screwed on straight and trust your training…simple as that.

peterako

quote guitarded_1:

Krav is not about getting the other guy to tap…it’s about being ready/willing/able to crush a windpipe or bite off a chunk of someone’s face if that’s what it takes for you to survive.

That’s so totally disgusting.

Yet I know that even the little Krav training I’ve had thus far would have me do just that in the certain situation.

The replies in this thread have been great. Thanks for all the good advice. :):

zvor

You shouldn’t let your ego get a hold of you, be comfortable in the fact that you are (and will continue) to improve your skills and ability.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: