Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Unprovoked Knife attack in the UK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    armitage

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006240558,00.html

The article in the link above has a further link to the attack itself, caught on CCTV. The attackers actually come back after initally knocking the victim down and slit his wrists…and over nothing at all, completely unprovoked – the poor guy was just waiting for a bus with his friend 🙁 .

Stay safe out there guys and girls

emil

the video is very distubing. what a bunch of f..ing wastes of dna.

jl

very sick to see…… that’s why we train so hard every class. These pieces of sh%t are lucky they didn’t bring a knife to a gun fight. I would love to see retribution on these three spineless p*##ys. I sometimes think we should go back to eye for an eye justice.

kravmdjeff

So, everyone’s probably agreed that the guys who did this are absolute dirtbags. And, though this isn’t the easiest question to ask, but what do you guys think…

The kid who died…would he have possibly survived if he had fought back? What can be realistically expected in a situation like that where there is literally no rhyme, reason, or even minimal advance notice on an attack? I’m interested to hear what y’all think from a tactical standpoint…what is there to do?

armitage

I’m not going to say that I would necessarily have seen it coming, or been able to do something about it…but even when I’ve had a few drinks and a long night out, I still do my best to keep aware of my surroundings, other people on the street, whether they may be a threat or not etc…taking KM has taught me a lot about keeping an eye on people around me, particularly through doing things like the multiple opponent, random attacker drills and such like.

(the latter involves giving a few students weapons which they can conceal e.g. knives, and then everyone walking round the room and the weapon-equipped guys randomly doing \”surprise\” attacks, and of course the weapons are changed around every few attacks)

jl

armitage,
    One of the first things you learned in KM was awareness. Situational or otherwise. The question also could be posed, \”if the victim would have been watching the three advance, would they have done the same thing. The first guy comes up and smacks the guy across the head before the victim even looks that direction. With situational awareness or let’s just call it awareness, and a little SD training, I would like to think things would have workout differently. Then again, when there’s no rhyme or reason who knows for sure about anything. These assaults piss me off, but it also makes my conviction about the training even stronger. 👿 Work hard, be smart, and pay attention. Your training can save your life! 😉

kravjeff

AAAAUUUUUGH !!! @*%#&&@%%#$^@**#^#%&&%#&!!!!!!!!! 👿

That kind of thing absolutely infuriates me !!!

All I can offer is that I try to always be aware of my surroundings, and of all of the people around me. I think (hope) I would have turned towards the kids approaching – I don’t like anyone having access to my back and I trust no one that I don’t know. Had he only turned towards them he would have at least seen the punch coming – Maybe they wouldn’t have attacked because he wouldn’t have been such an easy target.

philst

I’d love to say this video shocked me, but its nothing out the ordinary day to day stuff here. Just another triumph of human rights law. You can gaurentee the dumb f**ks behind this have a string of offences which they’ve never been adequately punished for; this would infringe their \”human rights\” and after all they are themselves \”victims of society\” (translation: lazy, thick and totally dependant on the welfare state to survive).

Sorry if this sounds cynical but take a closer look at the practice of UK/EU law, as opposed to the theory. Often frightening reading.

On a far less serious scale, but fully illustrative of the problem in Britain, i’m off. It’s 10pm nearly here and (I kid you not) I have to go sit in the front of my house in case it comes under attack with bricks yet again. Not that I can do anything about it other than be a presence, try so much as restraint and a single allegation later i’ll be risking a night in the cells, while they get off \”scot free\”.

(Again, I wish I was being cynical here, but this is written as I have been advised by the local constabulary. Also, no vandalism crime has been recorded; the police \”dont bother\” to record, as they get so much of it. Several hours paperwork per shot makes it impractical).

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/homeaffairs/story/0,,1784712,00.html
    This is a link to a left wing, labour supporting paper, who shy away from talk of cooked figures. I’ll let you all draw your own conclusions.

As for how Krav fits into the street attack video, theres no silver bullet, but at least you’d have greatly increased odds of walking away. ESPECIALLY regarding situational awareness training; the kid was caught off guard and it made the difference.

That probably looks jumbled and disjointed as i’ve typed it (no time to proofread – sorry!!).

psyops

Damn!

Those bastards should have the flesh peeled from their bodies and be dipped in Alcohol! Cowards! Let us train the world in Krav so that the criminal element which roams the earth will have a reason to fear for their own lives.

g-v
    armitage

Totally agree JL, whenever I see videos like this it’s serious motivation to keep training, do those extra workouts as well as KM etc…and encourage my friends and loved ones to do the same.

jamesh-d30

PhilST,
    we are not far behind you my friend! Here is a snippet of our lateset endevour to make sure no one is held responsible for thier actions in the US…

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Tonight, to Nebraska. Judge Kristine Cecava, you are in contempt! A 50-year-old child molester accused of raping a 12-year- old little girl gets no jail time. Repeat — check your ears — no jail time! Why? The judge says he`s too short, 5-foot-1, and she`s afraid he would be picked on behind bars. Lincoln, Nebraska, wake up, everybody!

He was convicted of 2 sexual assault charges. Excuse me but who the F*!*K cares what happens to him behind bars? Hmmm, on probation, any chance that he’ll re-offend? IDIOTS!!!!

Where the hell did i leave my scope….

al

For those who wonder if they would have been aware of the attack or if the victim should have fought back, I’d like to recommend a book to you. The title is \”The Gift of Fear\” by Gavin De Becker. He is a private security expert that has worked for celebrities, law enforcement agencies, and corporations on predicting violence. He was involed in developing a software program that screens fan mail and helps target individuals that will become dangerous. This software is now used by the Secret Service.
    The underlying theme of De Becker’s book is that almost all victims of violent crime report that just prior to the attack, they felt something was wrong, but that they ignored those feelings because they didn’t want to appear silly or stupid. He points out that human beings are the only animal on the planet that will enter a confined space ( an elevator, subway car, building entryway, parking garage, ect., ) with a potential predator. The author points out that if you just listen to your natural instincts ( THIS IS NOT SOME NEW AGE MUMBO-JUMBO! ) you will sense when danger is approaching. The problem is that most victims ignore those messages. I would like to think that the people that study Krav, or any combative art are more in tune with their instincts and more likely to either be ready to fight, or ready to run before the shit really hits the fan.

anonymous

5 Foot 1 is too short to be sent to prison? YIPEEEEE!! 😀 😀 😀 😀

See ya’ all later, I’m off starting my crime spree….

kravjeff

\”Where the hell did i leave my scope….\”

B-E-A-UTIFUL !!!

😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: