Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Very interested and I have a few questions

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    karlhungus

Awesome, thanks. That makes more sense. In the Marines, we learned to pluck if the choke was from the front. The pluck was followed by breaking the arm, sweeping the assaulter to the deck….. and a stomp to his face. Quick but effective. Choke from the rear defense was a violent grab to the groin, twist hard, pull hard. That loosened up the choke, then pluck break, sweep, and stomp.

Interresting to learn the different techniques. I can definately see the difference between combat and the street though.

chguise

Choke from behind, without the push, is done with a swift plucking motion while shifting to the side and slightly backward. One hand smoothly transitions from the pluck into a groin strike with the entire palm of the open hand, giving the attack more coverage, my guys always cringe when I explain exactly why so I’ll save ya’ll the ugly details. Then from there, combatives. The turn in, the turn out into a lock and the duck under.

Level one is all the basic chokes, then this base is built on by covering different variables. Against a wall, on the ground, etc.

The pluck will show its useful head in every level. Mastering it is imperative to learning Krav Maga. Luckily it’s pretty intuitive. And, after five years, I can tell you Krav just gets better and better.

chris

anonymous

The defense you learned is usually done when the attacker is pushing you, but it can also be done when he isn’t pushing and you are just standing in place. Just another option, in case the pluck doesn’t work for any reason. But the pluck is more instinctive and you may be more likely to remember that one under stress. The one you learned is also done (with some slight variations) when the attacker pins you against a wall as he is choking you.

saxman314

drills and plucks

One of the best cardio drills for me (and I’m not a monster like Giantkiller!) is with a partner. The krav teacher will pair us up and say to keep the hands up and just tap the partner’s foot with your toe, his knee with your fingers, then his shoulders and head and back down. Meanwhile, your opponent is doing the same thing. After a while, he’ll say to pick and choose any available target. Since I’m a big guy in pretty sorry shape, if I get paired with a little guy in that exercise, I’m suckin wind in 1 minute.

The pluck is great for all the reasons that have been said, and also because you can do a one handed pluck or can pluck a choke to either side or the back. By the way, my buddy just got out of the Corps, and guess what? They’re teaching Krav in basic, and even calling it Krav. Everything’s been reworked. Another buddy of mine is applying to the FBI, and says they’re teaching Krav at Quantico now. Sounds like it’s the industry standard where it counts, now.

Good luck with your new school, man. I’ve got a lot of free time right now since work is slow, and I’ve been going to Krav 5 days a week. My school charges $99 for as many classes as you can come to of your level. They offer 2 classes some days, bringing it up to 7 basic classes.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: