Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Weapons, Concealed and Otherwise

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    hm2pac

Just wondering how many out there carry a blade, firearm, blunt weapon, or whatever.

hm2pac

Re: Weapons, Concealed and Otherwise

Typically I carry a firearm and a blade. I always have a spare mag.

bjelder

Maryland isn’t a shall issue state, so you have to have a pretty darn good reason to be issued a concealed carry permit.

Our knives/weapons laws are pretty weird, I don’t keep anything on me or in my car.

guitarded-1

I sometimes carry a firearm on me (depending on where I’m going), but I always have one in the car. I always have a knife on me. I have a permit to carry a gun concealed. There is a law here in GA making it illegal for anyone to carry a concealed knife, but as long as it has a pocket clip that can be seen from the outside, it’s no longer concealed. I can’t imagine walking out the door with at least a knife on me – it’s an amazing tool.

biglou502

I completely understand people’s desire to carry a little extra insurance, but you won’t really find me carrying anything unless you happen to catch me on the way to the gun range. For me it comes down to a couple of things. . .

First, in most cases where I might need a little extra “help”, I find myself doubting that I would have time deploy my weapon, be it a gun or a knife. Second — and this is also I don’t worry about keeping a gun handy while I sleep, either — in a “go time” situation, I’m not sure it would even occur to me to employ that weapon. I don’t train to bring those weapons to bear in a self-preservation situation, so I’m not sure my brain would take me down that path in a stressful situation.

Also, I don’t want the extra variable; I’ve got enough to worry about in that sort of situation that I don’t need things like deployment time, losing control of said weapon, or even worrying about legal ramifications getting in the way of me defending myself. I’d much rather play the odds and hope there’s a brick in the vicinity that I can use to smash them in the face. 🙂

russell

i always have a knife(the company wont let me carry a firearm or even keep it in my car) but after work i always have a firearm(either a ruger p-85 or a sig-sauer p239)

paul

when i travel in my car i always carry. i most always have a knife. around town i carry my pistol some, i should carry it more.

kirsten

I do carry… a variety, but I don’t want to spoil the suprise. I train to defend against them, I train to use them, and I recommend my students learn how to use them. If they carry, that’s up to them. I did my part as an instructor to ensure that if they do a disarm, they can use the weapon if the situation dictates the need to use it. But not everyone is comfortable with the idea of carrying on their own. I recommend it just for the sole reason of active shooters in public places like malls, movie theatres, etc. I don’t want to be pinned down with my family waiting for LEO to respond 15 minutes later…

ems-warlord

I live in Crook County, IL so no firearms. Hopefully that will be changing soon.

I carry a knife on me. Legal limit, but it’s more for use as a tool than as a self defense weapon. Didn’t use to be that way, but I didn’t know Krav before.

resqr1

As a police officer, I always have the following on me when off duty and out of the house: at least one firearm, two knives, two spare mags and a flashlight. At home and dressed: one firearm, mags close by, one knife. Sleepware: one firearm next to me.

voodoo

Having read the responses above, I’m really glad I’m not living in America. That you feel the need to arm yourselves thus is a sad indictment on your society.

-Voodoo

hm2pac

It’s not a “sad indictment on our society”, it’s our right as humans to be able to defend ourselves.

We will not give up our rights.

dixonmj

Voodoo, if you had read all the posts you’d see that there was a diverse response. Some people arm themselves, others do not. I don’t carry any weapons myself. I assume you train in KM? If so, is that a sad indictment on Australia because you feel the need to arm yourself with self-defense training? No, I don’t think it is. The fact is, we live in a dangerous world. Some people choose to arm themselves with weapons or by training in self-defense. The likelyhood that we will ever have to use either is small, but we’re prepared. I’m not happy with crime rates in the U.S., but Australia isn’t immune to thugs and violence either. I lived outside the U.S. for years. I saw just as much, if not more, violence in the so called civilized and peaceful societies than I see in the U.S. There was gun violence, but mostly knife and blunt object attacks. No one insulted you or your country, so why would you do that here? Your comment didn’t add any value to the discussion. All you did was insult people who never insulted you.

russell

quote voodoo:

Having read the responses above, I’m really glad I’m not living in America. That you feel the need to arm yourselves thus is a sad indictment on your society.

-Voodoo

its not america, as i remember a few years ago there was a shooting that caused almost all firearms to be turned into the state, after that there was a increase in sword attacks, now they want the people to turn in all swords,whats next no kitchen knives? or cricket bats? what about bricks? any of those can be used as a weapon, its not the country, its the people, yes i carry a gun! its not for my self defense(i know krav magathumbsup) but i have a family, and when seconds count, the police are minuets away

a local police officer in my town sad they consider 3 minuets to respond to a 911 call a excelent response time (what can happen in 180 seconds?)

btw hows the crime rate down under? is austrialia a safer place now? can criminals(who dont abide by the law anyway) STILL rape,rob and kill people?, did they(the criminals) turn in their guns? or was it the LEGAL LAW ABIDING citizens who paid the price?

i know a person who was attacked with a milk crate(in austrialia) did the person who attacked him wait the “3 day cooling off period” before getting the milk crate?, did he undergo the “background check” before he bought the milk crate?, did the people at the local “milk crate store” call the federal goverment and give all the info (age, height, weight, state of birth, social security number) and get approval to transfer the milk crate to this person? no because criminals are criminals, and no LAW will change that

ems-warlord

quote resqr1:

As a police officer, I always have the following on me when off duty and out of the house: at least one firearm, two knives, two spare mags and a flashlight. At home and dressed: one firearm, mags close by, one knife. Sleepware: one firearm next to me.

I am not a LEO at all (though I would like to be one one day) but I read this advice in a gun magazine. I would add some handcuffs to your daily off duty loadout. If you ever have to use your weapon and have to go to court, some hot shot prosecutor could bring up the issue that you never gave arresting the perp a chance and carried only your weapon. It’s a shame people have to go through so much just to defend themselves nowadays.

Just my .02, and a little tip I read back in the day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: