Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge What marital art would you like to learn?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    nova480

Re: What marital art would you like to learn?

Akido would be really cool. I think some of the wrist locks and control techniques would incorporate nicely into Krav.

alair55
    Blocked

I love Karate.:wav:

Hm, very difficult to choose ONLY one!!
    Well, either Kenpo Karate or Hawaiian Kajukenbo. I’m also a fan of French Savate, not the sport version but the old-school street one. The martial arts from the Philippines and Indonesia is also interesting, such as Kuntao, Penchak Silat, Arnis/Escrima/Kali, etc.

connorb

I’ve been Boxing for a number of years. Trust me, no other martial artist can punch harder, or take a hit more effectively, than a well-trained Boxer.

“Gracie” jiu-jitsu for the ground game.(Just to the Blue belt 1 stripe level)

Muay Thai for the kicks, elbows and knees.

That’s about it since, in essence, it all adds up to Krav maga.

lions2011

Connor, yes learn BJJ and MT and Krav to enhance your game. You will be the ultimate killer. I have been doing Krav for a number of years and MuayThai. I felt that Krav was very weak in the kicking and knee department. So I wanted to enhance my skills so I joined a MT gym. Now I know proper kicks that they failed to teach in Krav class. Along with real knees.

I agree about White to Blue BJJ. I am going to try this in the fall if I can. Just the basics. I already have spent tons of hours on submission defense watching youtube so I will be ready when I start class one day lol. Hopefully my skinny body can handle the grappling. But BJJ is very cool.

lions2011

Judo is actually a superb marital arts to learn. however, it has the highest injury rate of them all. Many people quit after a few months due ot the pounding.

Tons of shoulder, knee and arm injuries and many Judo guys retire into Akido or something .

However, one Judo flip on Concrete and its lights out!!!!

My body would not hold up well to it.

zerfy

quote lions2011:

Judo is actually a superb marital arts to learn. however, it has the highest injury rate of them all. Many people quit after a few months due ot the pounding.

Tons of shoulder, knee and arm injuries and many Judo guys retire into Akido or something .

However, one Judo flip on Concrete and its lights out!!!!

My body would not hold up well to it.

dude you did not try kajukenbo. that thing is brutal.

magpie

I was thinking Kali/Escrima/Arnis, because as a weapon-based style it seems to be positively lethal.

lions2011

Judo is way too hard for my skinny body. I would be beaten to pieces and injured after 10 classes.

I am ready to quit Muay Thai after a few years due to major problems with my Kru and gym. I think I will be quitting in the fall of this year when my contract runs out.

What are the problems with your Kru and gym?

lions2011

Well Jimmy. The KRU only decides to teach 1 out of every 4 classes. no joke. 3/4 of the classes it is just hitting the heavy bag and Thai pads. Then every 4 or 5 classes he will actually go over some technique. Imagine learning at that rate. It would take 20-30 years to be good at Muay Thai.
    60 percent of the class quits within 3 months because the only people who stay are the advanced students.
    Dont get me wrong the Kru is world known but does not teach like it most of the time. I have learned far more from DVD’s. Also took some semi- privates with a senior guy from the class and learned far more.
    Amazing the class still attracks many people who compete in both MMA and MT. KRU is disorganized and never has a steady lesson plan. I am quitting soon when my contract runs out in late fall.
    Maybe I will try a basic BJJ class instead.

usmckoontz

I am currently looking at a martial art, so I dont train in KM yet 🙂

The Arts I am interested in that I would love to learn are:

Krav Maga
    Wing Chun
    Jeet Kune DO
    Silat
    Kali

I guess my prior Marine Corps training has geared me towards like a straight up in your face, quick style 🙂

velma-booth

I would like to learn Tai chi, It is an internal Chinese martial art practiced for both its defense training and its health benefits.

rivve

Probably Brazilian jiu-jitsu if I had the time for it.

northernsoul

BJJ or Muay Thai. Probably MT because I feel like it would massively improve my striking.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: