Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What’s happening to CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    rz1

I have been following the CKM story with avid interest and lately I have heard rumour (on this very forum) that there is a class action lawsuit being brought up against Moni and because of this, he apparently now lives in Venezuela.

Now this is all rumour as far as I can tell. I havent seen any further news and the CKM website appears to be doing business as usual.

*** Does anyone know what’s happening at the moment? ***
    Is he really in Venezuela?
    Is the class action suit proceeding?
    Have a bunch of guys actually got his d/c papers?
    Are his training sessions still happening?

I write because I have been a little keen in checking out what CKM has to offer – there are a number of instructors in Australia now – but I am a little concerned about the overal feeling I am getting about CKM… The deception re: his identity and where CKM originates from, which I understand is the main point of this lawsuit.

I have not had sufficient time to look at CKM techniques ( I certainly will when able) but I understand they are at least better than average by and large given that Moni had a good background in judo/jujutsu. This could be discussed elsewhere.

I am just a bit more interested in what’s been happening in Moni’s organisation lately, the begining of the year with that allegedly happening class action suit and the move to Venezuela?

thansk

rz

kior

Re: What’s happening to CKM / Moni Aizik

I’m unsure of the current situation with the lawsuit. What I can tell you is that to date Moni has produced precisely 0 evidence to back up his claims regarding CKM.

As you seem aware of the controversy surrounding Moni I’d ask yourself why you want to get involved. Are you interested in learning judo/jiujitsu techniques, or do you want to learn a self defence system like krav maga? If the former than I would suggest you go to a real judo or jiujitsu school who don’t lie about what they’re teaching. If the latter then seek out a legitimate KM school over there.

kvmorl

I wish History channel producers would become aware of this issue, I can’t tell the amount of times i hear about CKM soon after History channels air the episode featuring CKM.. “When are you moving up to CKM, from Krav” sorta thing.

RZ1 there is a post on a CKm thread around here that has specific info on the lawsuit if i’m not mistaken.

jl

To All the CKM lurkers and thoise that have followed this thread……

yes there is a “Class Action Lawsuit” originated in New York

yes Pino Mitty (aka.Moni Aizik) lives near Venezuela, albeit he states that it is for the health of his wife. Although to my knowledge he has not remarried, but lives with a women named Linda, and is still married to his First Wife!

and finally no CKM has NO, I repeat, no association with ANY legitimate Krav Maga School. Nor has he ever been certified to teach Krav Maga by any association!

Now go find a good and legitimate Krav School and foget aboout this CKM bull****.

I have been on the inside of that org. and it is NOT a legitimate KM school in my opinion.
    let us all move on from this guy and his truped up system….JL

bradm

I thought the thread for bashing Moni and CKM was closed by administration. Is it going to be reopened with this thead? In my view, it’s pointless. we are all aware of everyone’s views from the previous thread.

rz1,
    Info only. Lies or no lies on the part of Moni, law suit or not (I don’t know), CKM is still growing strong, like it or not. Check out both the CKM and KM schools near you and make a decision that best suits you.

jl

Now tell him the organisation you belong to Brad. CKM isn’t it?

You need to pull your head out of the sand and do some of your own rtesearch when it comes to Pino (Moni)

Ask him ofr the paperwork that he has on getting his teaching certificate in Krrav Maga. The ask him for his discharge papers from the IDF. The ask him if he has any idea of KM principles or technique? The go out and get involved in a LEGITIMATE KM SCHOOL. wtf, I don’t get you guys from CKM( blind leading the blind)

mara-jade

Folks,

This item has been beaten to death, can we just let it ride off into the sunset please?:(:

If anyone wants info, look here
    http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2838&highlight=moni

vinman

quote BradM:

I thought the thread for bashing Moni and CKM was closed by administration. Is it going to be reopened with this thead? In my view, it’s pointless. we are all aware of everyone’s views from the previous thread.

rz1,
    Info only. Lies or no lies on the part of Moni, law suit or not (I don’t know), CKM is still growing strong, like it or not. Check out both the CKM and KM schools near you and make a decision that best suits you.

keep drinking the kool-aid…….

rz1

quote mara_jade:

Folks,

This item has been beaten to death, can we just let it ride off into the sunset please?:(:

If anyone wants info, look here
    http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2838&highlight=moni

Dear Mara Jade

G’day. I hope I have not offended anyone. This is hardly character assasination or trolling. I honestly merely seek updates.

The last thread was closed and just before this, I believe sometime end 08 early 09 , Pysops and Morkravi were referring to a move on Moni’s part to Venezuela and something about a lawsuit and something about a movement to disclose his true military past.

It’s been nigh 2 months since I last heard anything re: this.

It would seem on a cursory glance of Moni’s CKM forums it seems to be business as usual even in the US – this I found peculiar so I ask.

So imho this subject has not quite been beaten to death.

It is of my opinion any official word from our Israeli friends re: his background and any legal proceedings that actually do take place against Moni/CKM in North America (or any where in the world for that matter) would be of great interest to the Krav Maga community by and large.

At least I would want to know. Wouldn’t you?

rick-prado

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I seriously doubt that you are going to hear anything that hasn’t been said before. If there is a lawsuit, wait to see the results. As far as his claims, they have been refuted before, and people that are on his side pop up and sing his praises and make counter claims to counter claims. It’s one big circle that never ends.

As has been said here many times, if you like what he teaches, learn from it. If not, find something else.

I’m bored right now, I figured I’d do something. Have a great day worrying about Moni.

bradm

JL,
    “Now tell him the organisation you belong to Brad. CKM isn’t it?” Yep, that’s right. And about the “head in the sand” comment: I pulled my head out of the sand when I realized that the KM training I was getting in Orlando was substandard from the KM training I got in Atlanta, GA for over three years. Yes I trained in KM for over three years, level-3 student. And I loved it- I was getting good quality Krav. I’ve posted this before and I’ll post it one more time for clarity purposes. I resumed my KM training at Victory Martial Arts when I moved to the Orlando area I found the training, at the time, was really lacking. I did not feel they were following the standards set by KMWW (KMAA at the time). I emailed KMAA several times about my concerns and did receive replies that they would look into and either correct it or close the KM training at the affected schools. To my knowledge neither was done. I base this assumption on the many comments I’ve heard from several people who started KM at Victory Martial Arts and, being unsatisfied, quit and looked for something else. Many chose CKM as I did. I admit, I was skeptical about CKM when I first started, But, after a couple classes, I found it was a good system for me and the more I trained in it the more I liked it. I can’t justify any figures, but I bet close to half of the new students that started CKM classe where I trained had switched from KM to CKM. Mainly because of the reasons I mentioned above. I don’t say this to knock KM. I think KM is still a great system. I mention it because I think KM is getting a bad reputation in Central Florida because Victory Martial Arts was not providing the quality training they were looking for. If that is the case, I put the blame on KMWW for not correcting it. Maybe they have, I don’t know. I haven’t tried KM since I quit and started training In CKM. Kvmorl is a KM student in Orlando, maybe he can attest if the training has improved any. I know he believes in and supports KM and I believe he has even eluded to a little displeasure. Kvmorl, I hope I didn’t put you on the spot – that wasn’t my intention. I have a lot of respect for you and your posts on tis forum.

Vinman,
    Kool-aid is a childs drink. I drink beer, vodka, occasional Cognac, water and a glass of milk a day. (:

Mara_jade,
    I agree with you, this has been beat to death. I don’t intend to carry it any further. I just wanted to reply to JL’s comment and express my thoughts. Sorry about my long post above.
    BTW, what happened to puppy dog 🙂

mara-jade

My last thoughts on this and then I’m out.

rz – this subject ALWAYS gets heated, believe me as myself and others have seen it. The internet is too easy a place for words to be taken the wrong way even when you don’t intend them to be. CKM and KMWW are 2 separate entities. If you seek answers, ask CKM as you probably won’t get them here.

Brad – Everyone else changes their avatars every so often, thought I could use a new one:wav:

zvor

Check out these sites if you are in Australia:

http://www.defenceinstitute.com.au/

https://kravmaga.com.au/

http://www.kmta.com.au/

http://www.kravmagaepping.com.au/

http://www.sdtactics.com.au/ (Head IKMF Australia instructor)

http://www.tacticalkravmaga.com.au/ (Itay Gil variety)

Hope this helps!

zvor

Sorry, just saw that you are in Victoria…try this:

http://www.ikmf.com.au/ (official IKMF home in oz)

List of instructors:

http://ikmf.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=29

rz1

Hey Zvor, thanks very much for the Victoria KM links, already training with an orthodox Krav Maga school (and loving it).

And I know, I know, look some of you are tired about this Moni Aizik merry go round, again I do apologize for bringing it up – but …

I admit I am quite interested in events surrounding this Moni guy and being out here in Australia – it can be hard to keep track of things happening in North America I guess, without the internet – which is one reason why I posted here (and not the CKM site for reasons already known) – to get an update.

So if anyone knows any updates on his whereabouts, plans, lawsuits in progress, any official release of papers from the IDF etc… post em up here, please? Just that, don’t have to bash/debate etc.

if you don’t want to post em up here, or if the mods feel this thread should be shut down, could you post them to me?

Cheers thanks,
    rz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: