Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What’s happening to CKM / Moni Aizik

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    bradm

Re: What’s happening to CKM / Moni Aizik

mara_jade,
    I wasn’t complaining, in fact, I like your new avatar. I used to have a Golden Retriever, that’s why I asked. Great dog too!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Just to play devils advocate for a moment. As I understand it Brad was exposed to so good KM for a while then switched locations and wasnít happy with THE INSTRUCTION as such he looked for a different school and found CKM.

As much as I have personal feelings about Moni and what he pretends to be at least Brads getting training. Canít blame the guy for that, he had no other options close to him. And I canít say if I was stuck on a dessert island with no one else to work out with but a guy from CKM that I wouldnít do it too.
    How many times in these forums to we hear ìtake what you like leave what you donítî

No one really cracks on the system, at least I havenít, itís the founder and his business ethics that continue to be questioned.

Brad keep training hard and hope that you donít need to use WHATEVER you learned.

We can keep the thread open if someone has new information but lets keep the bashing down to a low rumbling.

Thanks

bradm

CJs Dad,
    Thank you. I already had a lot of respect for you and with you last post concerning me, I have a lot more respect for you.

burshteina

I am an attorney working with a group of professionals based out of the United States, Canada, and Israel on the Pino (Moni) Aizik situation. All of these professionals are individuals that are actively involved in the Krav Maga community, and that have been affected by Mr. Aizikís fraudulent claims about his service in the Israel Defense Forces Special Forces and the background of his self created system ëCommando Krav Magaí (CKM).

I will give a brief update of the current state of this matter for the purpose of informing those involved in the Krav Maga community and so that the truth of the matter can remain in the public arena.

There is a legal process currently being undertaken by the group of individuals mentioned against Mr. Pino Aizik. As with most legal processes, there are specific protocols that must be undertaken which take time and create delays. Specifically, with this case the delays have occurred for several reasons;

First, the magnitude of this case is fairly large. Mr. Aizikís fraudulent actions have webbed out to many individuals, organizations, and locations. Meaning that the recourse Mr. Aizik may face will be very substantial, both civilly and criminally.

Mr. Aizik is a father to four children and that was one of the debates the parties involved had to take into consideration. The civil and criminal recourse he can face will more than likely have a lasting impact on his children. This by no means should cancel out his actions and the damage his actions have caused to many, including Krav Maga instructors all the around the world, Krav Maga instructors serving and coming out of service from the Israel Defense Forces who may be relying on their backgrounds as instructors of the ëIDFísí official Krav Maga system to acquire employment, and the name and legacy of Mr. Imi Lichtenfeld, the sole founder of the ëIDFísí official system Krav Maga.

We have communicated to Mr. Aizik a solution that we saw fit to help restore the truth and cushion backlash against him. However, since he is unwilling to take any action to correct the situation, we have no choice but to continue moving forward.

Below is a portion of an e-mail forwarded to Mr. Aizik asking him to correct his mistake, he chose to be un-cooperative to our request, hence our choice to proceed against him.

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:49:19 -0800
    Subject: Re: Important message for Pino Aizik

Dear who ever you are,

Please provide a your office address and cell phone number!
    Moni

Moni Aizik
    Founder&Chief Instructor
    COMMANDO KRAV MAGA
    ELITE COMBAT FITNESS
    http://www.commandokravmaga.com
    http://www.elitecombatfitness.com
    1-416-485-3584 / 1-800-408-9218 (U.S &Canada)

To: Moni Pino Aizik <[email protected]>
    Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:28:02 PM
    Subject: Important message for Pino Aizik

Mr. Pino/Moni Aizik
    National identification number: xxxxxxxxx
    Israeli Military identification number: 2166428
    Date of birth: 26/06/54

My name is Alon Burshtein, I am an attorney based out of New York, United States and I am representing a group of professionals based in the United States and Israel.

I have attempted to deliver an official letter to you at your previous address: 39 Terra Cotta crescent in Richmond Hill, Ontario, but it appears that you no longer reside at that address and further to information we have obtained, you are no longer residing in Canada. Therefore, we are sending you this e-mail with a pressing message.

We are fully prepared to proceed with legal action against you for fraud based on your false claims which have been advertised since 2002 in relation to your system, formerly known as Combat Survival, now known as Commando Krav Maga supported by the false claims of your military background, which have lead to numerous individuals investing their money with you in trust of your false claims.

We are in contact with several officials in Israel that are prepared and willing to provide expert witness testimony to attest to the fact that you are perpetrating a fraud by representing yourself as a former Israeli commando and asserting your expertise, background and system with the Israel Defense Forces and its official Krav Maga system.

These officials have agreed to a compromise that may be of benefit to you. They want for you to repair the damage you have caused to the image of IDF Krav Maga by claiming you were its co-founder and that your system, Commando Krav Maga, is the official system of the Israel Defense Forces, used by the IDF Special Forces and SWAT teams, and that you train their units in your system. You are being asked to publicly disclose that you and your system never had and donʼt have any association to the IDF or any of the organizationís special units, and to the IDFís Krav Maga system.

If you agree to undertake this action, and correct your mistake, your official IDF military service record, which states the facts about your official service (that you served from August 1972 to August 1975, released from service with the rank of Sergeant, and served in the positions of a ëmashak siurí in a regular infantry brigade for a short period before being re-assigned to administrative duties as a ëmashak orefí and ëmashak maíarahí, and that you never served in the Special Forces or had anything to do with Krav Maga) will not be released to the aforementioned public. However, should you chose to ignore this request, your official military record will be released to the public and we will pursue an aggressive course of legal action against you and anyone or any organization representing Commando Krav Maga that makes claims that itís founder (you) were a former Officer and Commando in the Israeli Special Forces, that you were tasked by the IDF to revamp itís existing hand to hand combat fighting (Krav Maga) system/create a new system for the organization, that your system, CKM, is used by any units in Israel, and that you still train units in Israel in your system of CKM.

This is your chance to correct your wrong doing.

Sent and intended without Prejudice.

A. Burshtein, ESQ.

Second, Mr. Aizik resides in one location, his fraud has been/is being perpetrated in various geographical locations, and is being perpetrated by various means (i.e.; the internet, television interviews, geographically distributed media, etc.), this has created a more complex issue with legal jurisdiction for court filing.
    Third, Mr. Aizik has turned his fraudulent scheme into a self expanding and self perpetuating action. Meaning, he created a lie, packaged and marketed that lie, and passes that lie (in his case he sells the lie to profit from it) onto other unsuspecting individuals (individuals who pay him to become CKM instructors) who then turn around and assist him in maintaining his lie and enticing others to give him money to sell his lie.
    This means, legally, that although every single CKM instructor doesnít know the truth about Mr. Aizikís claims, want to believe his claims, or donít care whether his claims are true or false, the fact that they advertise his system and his background based on his fraudulent claims in order to sell/advance their business, they are legally just as accountable for civil and criminal liability. In simple English, they are committing the same fraud that Mr. Aizik is.
    Our interest is in dispelling Mr. Aizikís lies and reinstating the truth about Krav Maga. Therefore, anyone who is assisting Mr. Aizik in perpetuating his lies, we will take legal action against as well, so it also took us a bit of time to collect all the pertinent information about every single CKM instructor/school that is advertising Mr. Aizikís false claims.
    Lastly, refuting Mr. Aizikís claims and disclosing the truth required extensive communication and document filing with the Israeli Ministry of Defense to have his record released. Since he served in the Israel Defense Forces under the name ëPinoí Aizik and not Moni Aizik, we had to have investigators research as many facts about him as possible to properly identify and confirm his service record, this had to also be done by locating his Israeli National Identification Number so that his identity could also be confirmed via his Israeli issued documents such his National Identity card and Passport.
    We have also corresponded with the Discovery Channel in regards to their segment on ëWeaponologyí which featured Mr. Aizik and gave him a National platform to publicly advertise his lies. The television showís research department which found Mr. Aizik, did not find him by going through official channels with the Israel Defense Force nor did they conduct any due diligence into Mr. Aizikís background prior to filming him to verify that his claims were legitimate, which is standard practice for many television productions.
    This is the latest progress on the Pino/Moni Aizik matter.
    A.B.

psyops

Lol,

Well you heard it hear first folks. There were several here who repeatedly told you that this was going happen. It seems that Mr.Aizik is now being exposed. Good. I for one can’t wait until this is publicly resolved!

mara-jade

Dang, well finally I hope this puts doubts to rest. The Moni situation has been one big distraction and I just want get back to the important stuff – KM

rz1

quote BurshteinA:

I am an attorney working with a group of professionals based out of the United States, Canada, and Israel on the Pino (Moni) Aizik situation. All of these professionals are individuals that are actively involved in the Krav Maga community, and that have been affected by Mr. Aizikís fraudulent claims about his service in the Israel Defense Forces Special Forces and the background of his self created system ëCommando Krav Magaí (CKM).

I will give a brief update of the current state of this matter for the purpose of informing those involved in the Krav Maga community and so that the truth of the matter can remain in the public arena.

< message snipped for brevity >

Thank you very much, Alon. Could you please keep us updated as things develop? I understand it may be weeks or months before anything really happens.

I may never see it in the news, being down under here! And … And I am also uncertain if our local MA rag, Blitz will ever do a story on this.

rz

hemibuck

WOW….that’s all I have to say….I had no idea. Very good information!

stevetuna

Wow.

BTW, I just received a “CKM” e-mail that made all of those same claims addressed in the letter posted above. It was promptly deleted.

jl

To the many that are caught up in this mess, re-read the part about perpetuating the same false claims through your own advertising and websites. You can be prosecuted as if you and Pino are the same. I said this in a thread many months ago and then just recently that a judgement and lawsuit were forthcoming. I hope now that people in the KM community know that we did our homework and research to find the truth. When we did find the truth, we did’nt feel the need to go around banting like an old rooster. We are not happy that our research came to these truths. Many hyave lost money and some lost their way (no longer train in any KM). But we are glad if just one more would be victim is spared!

Thanks to Alon B. for bringing all of you up to speed! JL

kvmorl

This is great info BurshteinA thank you.

BradM

quote :

kvmorl is a KM student in Orlando, maybe he can attest if the training has improved any. I know he believes in and supports KM and I believe he has even eluded to a little displeasure. Kvmorl, I hope I didn’t put you on the spot – that wasn’t my intention. I have a lot of respect for you and your posts on tis forum.

I can’t tell if it’s improved since you went there, my displeasures mainly comes from the fact I don’t see the quality and dedication to Krav I’ve seen in other Krav gyms in FL but mainly other states. I can understand why, since it’s main business is TKD. At the end of the day it’s Krav Maga principals and curriculum being taught. I wouldn’t switch to a system in which it’s origins and principals are seriously in questions, but that is just a personal choice. I’m sure your prior experience with VM KM affected that decision, can’t blame you for that. Train hard in whatever you train, the main weapon in a H2H fight is YOU not a system.

fortress

I’m a former CKM Instructor. My “license” expired in December. After I got an e-mail from someone looking for instruction, I checked the CKM site last week and I found that I was still listed as an active Instructor. One of the things that you’re hit with is that if you don’t attend the next course and go to the next level, your “license” will be pulled and you won’t be listed on site anymore. I had to send them an e-mail telling them to remove me.
    I’m an Iraq Vet, and, honestly, it was the claims made that drew me to CKM. I’m glad this is being brought out into the open. One thing I can’t deal with is stolen valor.

kvmorl

Sorry for digging this beast out of the ground but I didn’t want to start a new thread.

Have you seen this? I hadn’t: Press Release

Expose Fake Krav instruction blog: LINK

Pretty interesting information and a lot of instructors and clients putting forth info it seems.

psyops

Well,

I have spoken at length with some of the individuals who are primarily responsible for exposing Moni Aizik. Unfortuanatley when you hunt snakes you are going to encounter scorpions, rats and other vermon. Moni Aizik is liar anyone who still doubts this should check their heads.

There are other instructors who are going to be called out on for their lies as well. Mike Kanarek and Avi Nardia are also headed down the road paved by Moni’s b.s. . Again when the grass is cut the snakes will show.

I recently fired two very talented instructors because they had serious integrity issues. There can be no doubts when it comes to integrity. So study what you want. Be very careful when selecting the source of your training.

future-swat

quote Kior:

I’m unsure of the current situation with the lawsuit. What I can tell you is that to date Moni has produced precisely 0 evidence to back up his claims regarding CKM.

As you seem aware of the controversy surrounding Moni I’d ask yourself why you want to get involved. Are you interested in learning judo/jiujitsu techniques, or do you want to learn a self defence system like krav maga? If the former than I would suggest you go to a real judo or jiujitsu school who don’t lie about what they’re teaching. If the latter then seek out a legitimate KM school over there.

Just to let you know this dude was on fight science and disarmed and punched out a gunman,faster than you can blink your eye.BS or not this guy has a solid program.I personally have not gotten nor care to get into his history.But his program is solid alot more solid than the ATA Krav bs they are selling suckers around here.So until something else comes along im gonna be taking a CKM class starting april 1st.Also just to let you know Krav has all kinds or MA mixed in Judo juijitsu,muay thai,so im not sure what you intended to prove in your post.Possibly you should look into the history and MA that were incorporated into Krav before you just assume it was an original MA in it’s own.It also has boxing ect i could go on for a while to list all the MA that the original teacher incorporated into it,but you can look that up yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: