Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Why call It NE regional Training center, Why call it KM at all??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    tony-palmer

Re: Why call It NE regional Training center, Why call it KM at all??

quote mara_jade:

Hi Tony,

There are belt tests and belts go all the way to black belt (must be invited to test for black that I remember). Sorry to read you’re having problems with your school.

I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks. ;):

mara-jade

quote Tony Palmer:

means nothing to the rest of KM worldwide. :(:

If it meant nothing to us, why would be posting to you? If you’ve gone to the right folks at NTC with this, then you’ve done what you can. If you haven’t, PM the admin and he can point you in the right direction.

tony-palmer

quote mara_jade:

If it meant nothing to us, why would be posting to you?

Thank’s for your support. Really. It’s very nice of you. It makes me feel so nice to know that there are caring people out there like yourself….

~BUT~

I don’t mean to imply that you or KM worldwide does not care about me personally. What I mean to say is all the belts given to the students taking KM at the NE RTC, Those belts don’t mean anything to KMAA.

I received a red/brown belt in KM (just a couple ranks below blackbelt according to the NE RTC) in Buffalo. What does that mean at LA? …absoultley nothing, It holds no value. To KMAA I am still only level two yellow.

kirsten

quote Tony Palmer:

Thank’s for your support. Really. It’s very nice of you. It makes me feel so nice to know that there are caring people out there like yourself….

~BUT~

I don’t mean to imply that you or KM worldwide does not care about me personally. What I mean to say is all the belts given to the students taking KM at the NE RTC, Those belts don’t mean anything to KMAA.

I received a red/brown belt in KM (just a couple ranks below blackbelt according to the NE RTC) in Buffalo. What does that mean at LA? …absoultley nothing, It holds no value. To KMAA I am still only level two yellow.

Tony,

Yes the website does seem to say that this is a regional training center. This is being looked into…

freelancer

I appreciate the fact that things like this are looked at. I’ve been to schools in California and here in Kansas. In both cases I was inspired by the dedication and ability of the instructors.

We often hear about posers and wana-be’s as well as those trying to capatalize onthe Krav Maga name, if there is a school that has certification, thereby displaying a seal of quality via KMWW, it can only be to the benefit of allthe other schools that allegations of this sort are investigated.

By this I am in no way saying these alegations are true, only that it is comforti g that there is recourse at a higher level if necessary.

greenbeanie

Apparently, America’s Best Defense Academies like to blend systems. There are three schools here in Massachusetts. This is how they describe their adult self-defense program.

Self-Defense
    Americaís Best Defense is proud to be an exclusive provider of the most cutting edge Israeli self defense systems including Krav Maga and Haganah. Employed by the Israeli military and special forces, these systems are effective, practical, and easy to learn for people of all shapes, sizes, ages and levels of fitness. These systems coupled with our teaching methods will provide you with the confidence and knowledge to defend yourself in any situation.

They also bill themselves as a Black Belt Leadership Academy.

Our Mission:
    Our mission is to build our students into Black Belt leaders, to make our students more successful in life through the practice of their Martial Arts, and to always influence them in a positive manner.

Seemingly, their business model is fine because they list four locations including Buffalo. However, I know that isn’t the issue at hand.

tony-palmer

quote STD1984:

What is going on with the krav maga northeast regional training center, near Buffalo, NY? Several months ago they stopped offering regular krav maga classes and now offer a real low budget sport-oriented \”kickboxing\” program. Are they still affiliated with the krav maga u.s. operations? most of the krav mag logos have been removed from their location and advertising and the instructors now speak to the students like martial arts \”grandmasters\” would. The classes have gotten way to basic, even for most of the newer students. They claim it is \”for the better\” but everyone seems to agree it is \”for the worse\”

🙄 👿

http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?p=6011#post6011

kirsten

Hmm… the person that was looking into that is no longer with KMW so I do not know what happened, but I am sure that John did- as he took these issues very seriously. There is a committe I think that oversees licensees, but I do not know anything about it. Perhaps they are looking into it also. Please do not get frustrated, I am doing the best that I can to find answers… but I am just me and I am typically on the “FTD” side of things.

As soon as I know, you will know.

bradm

Kristen,
    If you have any luck in helping to resolve the problem in Buffalo, maybe you or whoever at KMW resolves it can look into the training in Orlando, FL. I totally understand Tony’s frustrations and I hope you can help. Thanks for your efforts what ever the outcome is.

saruotoko

You guys should reach out to Karla Nystrom at the Krav Maga Worldwide. She is responsible for affiliate licensing and she could sniff around, as this definitely sounds like it’s in her sphere of influence.

Mario

mara-jade

Dang, haven’t seen you around here in a while Mario – you ever coming back to see Pete’s new place? I think you’d be in love:D:

kirsten

Jon is working on it. We have been talking about it some. Like I said, just give us some time… Jon is out of town right now but it is on his radar.

saruotoko

quote mara_jade:

Dang, haven’t seen you around here in a while Mario – you ever coming back to see Pete’s new place? I think you’d be in love:D:

Yeah, I know, Mara. Things have been somewhat nutty given that I’ve added a new avocation: I’m the photographer for our school now (you can see our stuff on Facebook) and much of my free time is now taken up by training and teaching at the school.

Gonna try to fix that, as I really enjoyed the forums. And YES, I will have to come to the new location. Near Northstar Mall, right?

Gonna try for some time in August. Will keep you posted!

Mario

ericajow

Nooo!! Don’t do it, Mario … Mara, don’t tempt him to fall in love w/ a different center and leave us!!! 😉

ken-b

Tony,
    Yes, Steve Spoth “Mr. Spoth” is quite a con man. I was one of his original 9 students who started with him just as he was first getting certified to teach originally. Just two weeks after signing on for the 3rd time for an extended 18 month contract and paying up front, he made drastic changes to the krav maga program. He did not tell me at the time of my contract signing of these upcoming changes. At times the new curriculum of his had little or nothing to do with Krav Maga, and he began wearing a Black belt to class and referring to himself as a black belt in Krav Maga, yet, he is only listed as a brown belt in the roster in LA. A phone call to the krav national training center at 1-800-kravmaga can verify this. This is deceptive business practices, lying to your clients when they outright ask you if you are a black or brown belt. When asked for a refund or even credit, Steve would not give me a credit or refund and only referred to as “this is for the best interests of all students”. I left shortly afterwards, so I cannot see how this was in anyones best interests.
    I agree with you 100% on what all of your message read. The old, and real Krav Maga at the training edge is long gone, replaced by a watered-down hybrid style with students that have no fighting spirit and cannot even hold a kicking shield/tombstone pad without it flying out of their hands when struck with full force. When new students sign up they are being duped into thinking they are taking Krav Maga, even though they are only getting a portion of it and definetly not at the quality level that it should be taught at.
    Most of Steve’s original team of instructors are long gone, most of them left on their own at the time of or shortly after these drastic changes. When a business or school has almost all of their staff up and leave at nealy the same time, it shows a pattern of internal problems. This morning, I noticed the Krav Maga NTC removed the Training Edge from their list of affiliated schools. Yes, Tony you are right, they should not let these deceptive practices continue and removing their name from the listing of “official” krav maga schools is long overdue. Only schools who meet the strict requirements of the NTC should be listed on this page, not any school that modifies their curriculum to the point where it should not have been called Krav Maga.

Ken B.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘Why call It NE regional Training center, Why call it KM at all??’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: