Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    ryan

I want to be the first to let everyone know what a world-class event James and Shannon Hiromasa put on this weekend. It was a great weekend, with a lot of great people. Most probably don’t realize what a major undertaking something like this is, and this one was superbly done. James and Shannon are fantastic hosts.

The instruction and training was second to none: Darren Levine covering third party protection on buses, John Whitman covering weapons on the ground (as well as basic weapon defenses), and Jeff Jimmo addressing groundfighting and sparring. There were students and instructors from all over: FL, TX, NB, OR, VA, MD, MI, MO, UT, NC, OH, Japan, Puerto Rico, and more…120+ in all!

It was great to meet and work with such great instructors and students, and I’m looking forward to next year!

Re: Winter Camp Rocked!

I second that. The whole thing went off flawlessly due to James and Shannon’s hard work. The training was AMAZING!!! All of the instructors (whether they were teaching at the camp or not) were extremely helpful. Additionaly, it was great to be able to talk to people who have had different training experiences. I learned so much, my brain hurts! I would like to personaly send out a big thank you to everyone who made this such a memorable experience. I’m definitely going to be back next year!

stevetuna

Put me down as being green with envy!!!

I’m not surprised that things went so well. Mr. and Mrs. Hiromasa are first class.

kmcat

It was was one wild weekend. It was non-stop from Friday afternoon to Saturday night.

The little red light in my head kept blinking “brain full”!! As Jeff Jimmo said “With Discomfort comes Learning” (somebody correct me if I did not get that quote right).

Because of all the material to cover John Wittman when though the gun defenses on Friday pretty fast, but I was learning it well and he explained everything very clearly and showed all the techniques exactly as needed. He gave very good tips on general traning as well.

The training on the Buses was like nothing I have ever experienced. These were real city buses from Denver’s RTD just pulled in off the street. They still had their destination signs lit up. A big hand to James H. for arranging that with RTD and a hand to RTD to allowing that to be done — Denver rocks!

jburtonpdx

Just adding to all the great things already said. The training simply does not get any better then that. Amazing instructors all over the place….

The busses were freaking awesome… Can not wait till next year…

mara-jade

Gun defenses? Training with BUSES?? Dang, sound y’all hard a butt kicking timethumbsup

crazy-train

man i am jealous. i couldn’t make it out there for phase c, or winter camp, makes me wonder why i thought not skipping class was a good idea.

johnl-d11

What a great weekend!! Met and trained with some great people, can’t wait for HAWAII next year!! :D:

alamocitykid

quote JohnL:

What a great weekend!! Met and trained with some great people, can’t wait for HAWAII next year!! :D:

Talk to me about Hawaii next year. I once lived there, and it is probably as close to heaven as I’ll get (Texas excepted)

alamocitykid

quote mara_jade:

Gun defenses? Training with BUSES?? Dang, sound y’all hard a butt kicking timethumbsup

MJ: We need to start working on buses for Mr. Levine’s April visit to S.A. Maybe we could one-up Denver and get the buses with punks still on them!!

giant-killer

Buses? COOL! Can we get to train on buses at the NTC? Please? PLEASE??

Man, sounds like you guys had a great time. Yep, I’m envious. How was the skiing? Are there any pictures you could insert here (training or skiing), just to give us a feel of what we’ve missed?

kmcat

Oh, yes there was the training that Darren Levine did on weapons defense from the ground!

When he setup the initial situation with an instructor to show it, I thought “no way the defender can get out of that, he’s just dead”, then wham-bam the defender is standing up and has the attacker in the sights of the attacker’s gun!!

I was like, what just happened?? Then he broke down the steps and the light bulb would go on.

He also did a very interesting presentation on knife attacks & wounds. It was not for the faint of heart and it was just before lunch on Saturday. Thankfully there were no meatball sandwiches on the menu.

quote Giant Killer:

Buses? COOL! Can we get to train on buses at the NTC? Please? PLEASE??

Man, sounds like you guys had a great time. Yep, I’m envious. How was the skiing? Are there any pictures you could insert here (training or skiing), just to give us a feel of what we’ve missed?

The busses were actualy city busses. James has some good hook-ups i guess thumbsup. I don’t know of anywhere at the NTC we could park a few busses and run around them tackling gunmen without running into some serious issues! But hey, if someone wants to fix the logistical nightmare, I’d LOVE to do that kind of training again!

The snowboarding was amazing. Winter Park is huge and has a few really nice terrain parks. The conditions were great too… Something like a 75″ base, powder/packed powder, and it was lightly snowing for most of the day. The only thing that pissed me off was the fact that most of the black diamonds were all moguls. No bueno.

There were a lot of people taking pictures, so I’m sure some will be up eventualy. My camera is still with my friends in NY, as it has been since August. Never pack to fly back home when you’re still drunk!

J-

giant-killer

How about Fedex? thumbsup

Snowboarding, eh? Any skiiers out there?

How about just grabbing a bus on Olympic, then entertain the riders with our hostage scenarios? I’m sure it would make their commute more fun! :):

la-revancha

quote KMCat:

The little red light in my head kept blinking “brain full”!! As Jeff Jimmo said “With Discomfort comes Learning” (somebody correct me if I did not get that quote right).

Check out my signature. BIG FAN of the RHEK camp.

Congrats to James and Shannon. I’m sure they were outstanding hosts.

Stafford was talking today about funding my trip for next year 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: