Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    craig-p

Re: Winter Camp Rocked!

quote CJs Dad:

Now its time to plan for summer camp thumbsup

You’re more right on than you knew…. SUMMER CAMP is in the works!

Picture yourself training on the beach in beautiful Santa Monica Calif. It’s early August and your about to spend three unforgettable days with your favorite instructors from the NTC.

Stay tuned for more details… :woohoo:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Actually I do know – remember I was there when jay came for the meeting 🙂

jamesh-d30

Mere words cannot describe how thankful we are to all of you who attended this years winter camp. The camp was a huge success due in most part to you all. That being said, There’s no way I can thank all of those that contributed individually, but I do have to name a few names;

Jeff, John, and Darren…AMAZING! They all went far beyond the call and presented so much material it was truly inspirational. KM Advisory Board Members Troy, Pete, and Ryan…thank you for lending credibility and your marketing knowledge to the lunch event. Ryan Hoover in particular did more work over the weekend than I did, thank you buddy! I only hope I can return the favor at your Fall Camp in North Carolina!

Our staff and volunteers really deserve a hand, without them…no Winter Camp, period. Many of our own students were there as well, thank you! I can’t even begin to thank the rest of you who really made it happen; Mike and Daniel from Nebraska and your crew, Lynn from Oregon, Paula and crew from Minn, the Texas crew, Mark, J Lovins, and the Burtons from Ohio, Jim from Florida, Joeseph Gleed and Paul Evans and crew from Utah, all of you from California especially Bien and Harry the 2nd year veterans, crews from Virginia, Kansas, Vegas, Richard Kim from Canada, and many more. Special thanks to John Hallet from Castle Rock and Aurora Krav Maga, and to Doug and Jake from CO Springs Krav Maga for being a huge part of the home team (yah, we’re savin lives right here right now guys!!) Sorry if I missed anyone, it’s late and there were too many of you to name but you all made it perfect!

Also, I have to send special thanks to the furthest travelers Juan and Margarita from Puerto Rico and Kokushi Matsumoto from Japan! Juan is the first KM instructor in Puerto Rico and Kokushi is in charge of KM in Tokyo. Both are the nicest guys I’ve ever had the pleasure of hanging out with. Plus Margarita brought me food!

I’d be remiss if i didn’t list my personal highlights of the Winter Camp:

• Ground work with Jeff Jimmo
    • Kokushi stomping on Ryans head
    • John Whitman, Darren Levine, Myself, Ryan, Kokushi and Pete on the side dissecting weapons defense techniques while on the ground from all positions. It was a KM Brain Trust meeting.
    • Kokushi stomping on Ryans head again
    • The fights on the bus…NASTY!
    • the bus driver getting stabbed repeatedly! (she was nice)
    • Ben from our center reluctantly being the suicide bomber…AGAIN.
    • Mike disarming a good guy on the bus because in the chaos, it was the right thing to do!
    • Ryan’s head getting stomped by Kokushi
    • Tony putting up the best fight EVER and not frickin giving up the knife on the bus!
    • who am i kidding, EVERY fight on the bus!
    • Ryan doing a good job protecting his head from getting stomped by Kokushi
    • And last but certainly not least, hanging out with everyone on the Ski Train!

What can i say but thank you to all who attended and who helped. We are looking forward to next year ( sort of :Unsure: )

One last note: Jeff Jimmo is probably one of the best fight instructors i’ve had the pleasure of watching. That, coupled with John teaching alongside Darren made for a very rear, if not absolutly UNIQUE event. I cannot thank all 3 of them enough for showing up and SHOWING US!

mara-jade

“John Whitman, Darren Levine, Myself, Ryan, Kokushi and Pete on the side dissecting weapons defense techniques while on the ground from all positions. It was a KM Brain Trust meeting.”

Ooooh..I wonder if that’s maybe a preview of our weapons class. It’s starting up again Thursday!:woohoo: Hope Pete has some surprises in storethumbsup

la-revancha

quote JamesH:

[*]Kokushi stomping on Ryans head

At last! At long last! After all these years; revancha!!

Domo arigato, Sr. Kokushi!

giant-killer

quote mara_jade:

“John Whitman, Darren Levine, Myself, Ryan, Kokushi and Pete on the side dissecting weapons defense techniques while on the ground from all positions. It was a KM Brain Trust meeting.”

Ooooh..I wonder if that’s maybe a preview of our weapons class. It’s starting up again Thursday!:woohoo: Hope Pete has some surprises in storethumbsup

Yeah, what did you guys come up with? Anything you could share? Or include in the advanced KM book?

“Kokushi stomping on Ryan’s head” Pictures? Video? :): :woohoo:

ryan

Don’t get too excited, you clowns…he got all arm!

giant-killer

Yeah, right… ;):

ryan

Trust me, if he hadn’t, he’d have caved in my face…

giant-killer

I can believe that, he was at the NTC one time and I had to hold pads for him. He isn’t even that big compared to some other guys, but he made me fly all across the room. :OhMy:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

And he makes some kickass krav tee shirts!

giant-killer

What T-shirts? Japanese ones? Can we get them at the NTC?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I think he only brought a few with him, but Kelly had one on the other day. And yes it says Krav Maga on the back with Japanese symbols.

ryan

Yes, his shirts are cool. He brought me one (in CO), and it not only looks great, but it’s very high quality.

ryan

Hard to see some of the detail, but here’s one of them:

http://www.kravmaga-shop.jp/product/35

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: