Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    kmcat

Re: Winter Camp Rocked!

quote La Revancha:

Check out my signature. BIG FAN of the RHEK camp.

Congrats to James and Shannon. I’m sure they were outstanding hosts.

Stafford was talking today about funding my trip for next year 😛

Yes that is the quote: “Growth is in the discomfort” – Ryan Hoover

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

That sounds amazing guys! Really wish I could have been there with you. I got a chance to speak to James a few days before camp started and he sounded like his head was going to spin off.

Sounds like they did a great job of hosting!

Now its time to plan for summer camp thumbsup

ryan

I’m sure James and Shannon were quite stressed, but the whole event came off without a hitch…it was very impressive, and it was great to work with Darren, John, Kokushi, et al.

giant-killer

So, did they all teach together? What exactly did you learn during the bus training? Any pictures?

al

I’m probably one of the most biased people that will post on this subject, as I train at the Broomfield, CO school owned by James and Shannon.

While it was an incredible undertaking to put this seminar on, I never saw James or Shannon at anything less than their best. They were calm and professional through out the whole event, just like they are at the training center.

The seminar itself was incredible! Having Darren Levine, John Whitman, and Jeff Jimmo teaching for two days in the same place… well, it just doesn’t get any better then that. That is, unless you add Ryan Hoover, Kokushi, Jeanine Jackson, Shannon, and James to the mix. ( Not only are all of these folks great Krav instructors, but they are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I think Chuck Liddell says it best ” It’s easy to be nice, when you know exactly how mean you can be.” )

The training covered ground fighting, basic weapons defenses, advanced weapons defenses ( You have got to see Kokushi’s gun take-away when he is face down on the ground with the assailant mounted on his back!), real footage of knife attacks along with Darren’s expert knowledge of how to survive one, techniques to help you spar better, and third party protection culminating with realistic scenarios of a gunman loose on a bus, which could be adapted to a train or plane.

While classes were supposed to be taught seperately, each instructor there helped out in each class, and walked around as we practiced to help clarify the key concepts.

I hate to make anyone feel badly, but this is the type of training I’m used to from James and Shannon. I’ve been a student of theirs for 4 years, and I’ve never had the same class twice. The effort they put into our classes are awe inspiring, and their creativity seems endless. They also employ some frighteningly good instructors named Michelle Blalock, Tony Cummings, and Mike Miller that all just finished their Phase C training on the day the seminar started, yet all three showed up and practiced hard. How cool is my school?

I’d suggest everyone start saving there money now, so that they can be sure to join us next year!

ryan

Well, Al pretty much summed it up…

kmcat

I snapped a few pictures. We will see if this works.

By the way to explain the odd sign on the wall in some of the pictures. The regular training gym was to small for the number of students and they rented a gymnastic facility for the weekend to accommodate all the people:

http://tinyurl.com/2njytt

kmcat

quote KMCat:

I snapped a few pictures. We will see if this works.

By the way to explain the odd sign on the wall in some of the pictures. The regular training gym was to small for the number of students and they rented a gymnastic facility for the weekend to accommodate all the people:

<scratch that link> See new….

Winter Camp Slide Show

johnl-d11
    hypnotic214

Looks like a lot of fun!! Wish I had gone. Maybe next year!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Wow thanks for sharing the pictures!! The bus really looks like a great time, wish I had that experiance. Maybe for summer camp we can borrow a 747 (hint hint)

ryan

For anyone interested, especially those on the east coast, I’ll be unveiling details for our Fall Camp in the coming days…

quote CJs Dad:

Maybe for summer camp we can borrow a 747 (hint hint)

I might be able to get you a Blackhawk, but I doubt anyone needs to worry about getting highjacked on one of those thumbsup

giant-killer

A 747? Let’s do it! We could use it to fly to Colorado and on the way we practice cool highjacking scenarios. I bet the pilots would love it.

Pictures look great. The bus training must have been cool. Check out picture IMG 2875 of the flickr link, looks like they were practicing SD against zombies as well!!

I got to go next time…

kmcat

quote Giant Killer:

A 747? Let’s do it! We could use it to fly to Colorado and on the way we practice cool highjacking scenarios. I bet the pilots would love it.

Pictures look great. The bus training must have been cool. Check out picture IMG 2875 of the flickr link, looks like they were practicing SD against zombies as well!! …

Oh ya, the zombies, they were rough. I think they were dead snowboarders from last season they dragged off the mountain.

Zombies!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: