Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Choke from front with a push

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    gitano

Re: Choke from front with a push

quote :

HA! Was that Mr. Howard, Sean?

No, but bet he’d give similar advice. With a few extra explitives for color.

Hey, don’t you have a ‘blog to update? :abx:

Gitano,

Not to nit-pick, but POV? In our Agency that stand for Personally Owned Vehicle. I am reasonably sure it does just about everywhere, since we called it that when I was L.E. in OH and IL also.

Would you mind elaborating so I can better undrstand?

mara-jade

Thanks CC

Gitano/Nick – dunno if you’ve seen the thread after fight quest came out. One of the things that stuck out in my brain was this – Yes, Israel with Imi was the mother of where KM started. However in civilian KM here, you’re NOT trained like in a war torn country. Our comrades in Israel may HAVE to kill cause many times they have no choice. Here in the states like you said, you”ll have some explaining to do if there’s a lifeless body in front of you.

I’ve YET to see that distinguished on these shows. I’m not DISSING these shows cause I did enjoy watching them. Well, just had to say that.

Sean, indeed he would. Cursed like a drill sergeant. HA!
    Mara, excellent point, and one a lot of us US students forget, or maybe never even considered. We can be pretty insulated.

Mara,

Just curious have you ever made it to train with Jack in…. I think Dallas/Ft. Worth? He’s good people!

gitano

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

Gitano,

Not to nit-pick, but POV? In our Agency that stand for Personally Owned Vehicle. I am reasonably sure it does just about everywhere, since we called it that when I was L.E. in OH and IL also.

Would you mind elaborating so I can better undrstand?

No problem, I meant Point Of View.

Oh, thanks too for the previous comment.

mara-jade

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

Mara,

Just curious have you ever made it to train with Jack in…. I think Dallas/Ft. Worth? He’s good people!

Nope, I’m a stay at home kinda lady:):. I did have the pleasure of training with John Whitman a few months ago and Darren’s gonna be at my center in a few months thumbsup

Mara – I just looked him up – http://www.kravmagadfw.com/index.html

The name was Jack Bolowskie. I trained with him and one of his senior instructors a few years ago at a cert.

quote mara_jade:

Nope, I’m a stay at home kinda lady:):. I did have the pleasure of training with John Whitman a few months ago and Darren’s gonna be at my center in a few months thumbsup

I only met John WHitman a few times, only once did I train with him, in Phili I think a LONG time ago.

Michael Margolin and Sam Sade were two guys I spent a lot of time training with early on for me and Krav Maga.

If you’re ever in Dallas, I suggest looking Jack’s school up, he’s a very likeable fella’.

How far is Dallas from San Antonio? I haven’t been thru’ much of TX since I was a kid. Other than the panhandle that is.

Sorry Old Grappler for getting off topic, I should probably send this stuff by PM.

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

. While it is significantly less invasive on the civilian to justify this, current case law trends seem to be moving toward judging a civilian with training such as KM more like an off duty officer/deputy.

You cite case law, as a cop I’d be interested in seeing it. Here in Ca, the law is usually applied in such a way that your actions are judged based on what’s considered reasonable and prudent by someone with your training and experience, not necessarily what your occupation is. In other words, if you’ve been taking Krav for one month and you stomp a mudhole in someone, experts would be brought in to see if that action was reasonable for someone with your level of training and experience. If 2 ten year officers got into a fight with two assholes and laid the smackdown on them, but one officer was a Krav blackbelt, the blackbelt would be held to a higher standard based on his training and experience, not his occupation.

As an aside, when you make a statement like “current case law trends seem to be moving…..” and then follow it up by citing two completely unrelated cases, it makes me wonder what your motives are. But that’s just me, and I tend to be anti-social anyways.

mara-jade

Oh, I’ve yet to see a thread that wasn’t hijacked:D:. Hmm, a good few hours at least(maybe 3 or 4, don’t quote me) unless you drive like some maniacs around hererofl2

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

I only met John WHitman a few times, only once did I train with him, in Phili I think a LONG time ago.

Michael Margolin and Sam Sade were two guys I spent a lot of time training with early on for me and Krav Maga.

If you’re ever in Dallas, I suggest looking Jack’s school up, he’s a very likeable fella’.

How far is Dallas from San Antonio? I haven’t been thru’ much of TX since I was a kid. Other than the panhandle that is.

Sorry Old Grappler for getting off topic, I should probably send this stuff by PM.

giant-killer

I don’t think I ever had it happen that the attacker flew right by me and ended up on the ground. Usually, you should be able to catch the arms, then go for an elbow and further combatives. If he does end up on the ground, I guess it depends on the situation. If you can, run, but if he’s still close and you are far from help, it may be better to give at least one quick stomp or more. You could also use a common object to hit him with (something you can pick up from the ground, or something heavy you may be carrying). Kicking him could be risky, as he might be able to grab your leg and then pull you down to the ground with him.

By the way, if a person is attacked in that manner and is able to run away, is she required to call the police? Or just if there are any injuries to the opponent? Or is it up to her what to do?

Jeremy – I don’t want ot belabor the point, especially since Bull1189 and I have finally squelched our differences of opinion….

Basically, all I was getting at was that the trend seems to be moving in that direction.

You are right, that a person is accountable first based on their training and experience, thus the need for good articulation of the justification. As far as my state goes, an officer is still judged by the reasonable person standard. Which is ludicrous. A gramma’ who has no idea of the actual level of violence an officer often faces really should not be bridled with the responsibility of deciding that officer’s fate. Not to put to fine a point on it.

Where the civilian is concerned, IF the trend I am hearing of continues, then it will likely be that those of high caliber training such as KM could be judged by the Reasonable Officer standard. Which opens a whole other bag of worm entirely. I don’t believe I ever said they will be, but that they could be. If I said will be, then I retract it – I must have said so in the heat of discussion and was wrong.

As to the specific cases, I don’t have them. I am willing to admit this even at the risk of sounding foolish. I do know that the the two cases I cited earlier are being used. As I mentioned before, they may have been misused, but they were successful. If I can find those cases I will post them here or somewhere else if this thread is closed.

As to your being anti-social – at least you recognize it, LOL! Just kidding…. take care.

bull1189

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

Mara – I just looked him up – http://www.kravmagadfw.com/index.html

The name was Jack Bolowskie. I trained with him and one of his senior instructors a few years ago at a cert.

Hey – Jack was my original Krav Instructor, great guy.

And +1 to both Gitano and Mara Jade. The first line of self defense happens in the mind long before a situation actually comes up. But when it comes up, turn the switch to the “on” position and don’t hesitate.

Bull1189

You’re right, he was a really neat guy to get to know.

Jack and I have recently started to communicate again. I may have to take a trip to see him some long weekend. I have never been to his school so I would have to plan around training with them. HMMM… small world!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: