Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Choke from front with a push

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Re: Choke from front with a push

quote Nickolas Cook:

If a weapon is being used against me, even a stick, that’s my absolution for handing you your arse. If it’s just little girlie fistacuffs with a dumbass in a bar, then I’d use a more restrained methodology in dealing with him/her. A few joint manipulations would certainly do the trick to get him/her to the ground so we can have a real nice talk about the laws of civility with your fellowman.

Yup, that’s mine and hubby’s take toothumbsup

ryan

The situation will dictate.

If you’re running, where are you going? Do you have a small child with you? Is there a known context to the attack (is the attacker familiar to you)? How much distance was created? What’s the environment?

While you certainly want to “eliminate the threat” in order to secure your escape, you also don’t want to be a “dog chasing a car”.

quote Ryan:

If you’re running, where are you going? Do you have a small child with you? Is there a known context to the attack (is the attacker familiar to you)? How much distance was created? What’s the environment?

I agree, context is everything. What are you running to and are you going to pass out from anaerobic exertion before you get there? It wont do you much good to run if your attacker can just follow you until you pass out. Unless there is some known safety within a reasonable distance (over which I am sure I could run faster than my attacker), I think running could be worse.

For me… If I’m more than about 50 yards from safety, I had better make sure my attacker is at least hobbled because once I sprint that far I start to see stars.

I think something that should be recognized here is that, if you decide to run and then have to fight, there’s a chance you won’t be up to par to actually be able to handle the fight- especially if your attacker is in a hell of a lot better shape than you. If the confrontation cannot be avoided- i.e, he/she/they will chase you anyway- one would probably do better, stamina-wise, to stand and fight until the attacker(s) is down and out. Of course, that’s just the way I look at a confrontation: I won’t run unless it’s the one thing that will save me from the confrontation.

I think that if you run, most attackers won’t run after you to attack you, unless you are out at night and it’s dark and you are alone and they are really desperate to kill you. If you ran away from a mugger I doubt they’d find it worthwhile to run after you.

quote Liquid Rockface:

I think that if you run, most attackers won’t run after you to attack you, unless you are out at night and it’s dark and you are alone and they are really desperate to kill you. If you ran away from a mugger I doubt they’d find it worthwhile to run after you.

I think that’s what is meant when they say the circumstances will dictate. If some random dude jumps me and tries to take my wallet, chances are he’s not interested in running me down (especially since I just put him on the ground after he had a free shot at me). However, if somebody came looking for ME specifically, they may be willing to chase me to the ends of the earth (I don’t know why… It’s not like I have anything anybody wants).

giant-killer

Just use common sense. If you honestly believe the person is still a danger, keep hitting him. If you can get away safely, run. If you decide to punish the attacker with more counters than necessary and there are witnesses against you, you may get into trouble.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: