Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Do you wear KM clothing outside of training?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    katoe

OK, this may seem like an odd question but do you wear KM gear (shirts, pants, etc.) outside of class? I’ve only been training a couple of months and I wonder by wearing KM gear outside of class will it entice some idiot to challenge me. I doubt it would happen and I should be proud of what I’ve learned so far and promote KM but there is a part of me that thinks some idiot will want to see how tough I am. Am I the only one and has anyone been challenged when wearing KM gear?

dkatman

I don’t wear any Krav Maga shirts just as T-shirts. But I have gone right from a class to the gym to supplement my training. I think the first two times it went unnoticed. The next time, I felt like I was specifically at the gym to promote Krav. I had at least two or three people comment on my shirt and ask about Krav. One guy was very familiar with it, impressed by it, and said he was jsut saving up some money and would love to go over and take classes. He was familiar where the NTC was and seemed equally excited to talk about it. Then there was a personal trainer who asked about it. He thought he had heard about it a little bit.

I have had the same thought as you though. I mean, I am walking into another arena where people are puffing out their chests and sure they are bad as all bad can be. And then I am walking around with a shirt that says \”Fight Club\”. HAHA

So I have no answers, but a shared realization.

Dave

dkst

I would think with the popularity of UFC and stuff, it would no longer be an issue. There is always some ass out there that might make it an issue, but I wouldn’t worry about it. I would love to wear some t-shirts but they all smell too bad to wear in public.

hollywood

Of course! be proud of what you do. i wear them all the time. any way i think seeing someone with a krav shirt would make the average person think twice about messing with them. (but don’t forget the shirt doesn’t make you invincible.LOL)

jl

There have been other threads( long ago) about this.

I agree with Hollywood’s take on the subject.

Be proud of who you are, what you do, and how you go about doing it.

You’ll get a lot of interest in what it is, and where others can find Centers to workout in.

As for the very few who would take it as something unintended….I say toughshitski. They would look for something else if it wasn’t the t-shirt your wearing. Those that are looking for confrontations usually find them.

If something like that happens to you….fall back on your training! If it escalates from there, you’ll just have to whip out the KM can of whoopass!

johnwhitman

OK, so at this point I CAN’T resist telling a story about our dear Sam Sade.

Sam was returning from a seminar. He got off the airplane at LAX and got into a shuttle that took him to the parking garage. He was wearing a KMW t-shirt. Another guy in the shuttle asked him what the kouf-mem logo meant and explained that he was an instructor.

The other guy said, \”Oh, so you know self defense. What would you do if I did this?\” he asked, and grabbed Sam’s shirt.

Sam said, \”Well, it depends. Do I know you?\”

\”No,\” said the other guy.

Sam tapped him on the forehead with a palm heel strike. The guy staggered back, and Sam said, \”The next time you see this logo, you’ll remember it.\”

jl

See, there you have it……..problem sol-ved!

katoe

Thanks for your time and feedback. Being new I just wanted the opinions of others as not to dishonor KM. But I’ll wear, when need be, with confidence and pride and hopefully others will take notice in a positive way and want to learn about this great system.

giant-killer

I wonder if wearing a KM-shirt could scare off a potential attacker? When ever I see guys wearing tapout shirts or other fighting clothes I notice I start feeling a bit differently about them. Seems that a guy wearing such a shirt has at least a bit of fighting knowledge and would thus be a tougher opponent. Maybe, if a bad guy sees a Krav shirt he may realize that person is not the easy target he was looking for and moves on. Off chance perhaps, but possible. 🙂

My mother always wears KM stuff at her gym and some of the guys get really impressed, thinking she must be a badass or something (which she is!). 😆

mara-jade

Other than seminars and training, we don’t wear our KM stuff too much except for the hats. Me, I’ll wear some of the baby Tee’s tht just have have KM in front. It’s there but not honking big, you know 😀

John – love that story with Sam 🙂

GK – guys at work think I’m that but I think they dream too much 😆

legarreta95

Re:

quote \”johnwhitman\:

OK, so at this point I CAN’T resist telling a story about our dear Sam Sade.

Sam was returning from a seminar. He got off the airplane at LAX and got into a shuttle that took him to the parking garage. He was wearing a KMW t-shirt. Another guy in the shuttle asked him what the kouf-mem logo meant and explained that he was an instructor.

The other guy said, \”Oh, so you know self defense. What would you do if I did this?\” he asked, and grabbed Sam’s shirt.

Sam said, \”Well, it depends. Do I know you?\”

\”No,\” said the other guy.

Sam tapped him on the forehead with a palm heel strike. The guy staggered back, and Sam said, \”The next time you see this logo, you’ll remember it.\”

Ok John I’ve got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at your story….it was too perfect, thanks for sharing.(I’m sure the guy will remember the logo for the rest of his life lol)

To answer the orginal question , I wear my Krav clothing outside of training often, it’s more because it’s just so darn comfortable than anything lol (well that and the pride 😉 ). Often while on travel, etc somebody will ask me about Krav cause they have heard of it and want a better understanding (I usually buy them a snickers at that point cause \”it’s gonna be a while\” lol); gotta qoute brad here \”I love this stuff!\” lol. Most people ask me where they can train here (New Orleans) and sadly since I only train when I am home in Ga, all I can tell them the only place is over an hour away without traffic and is tough (if not impossiable when you get off at work at 5:00 ish) to make it there. Sorry for getting off topic but wish there was someplace here in NOLA to train, maybe a RTC (hint…hint…hint John lol).

GK I know what ya mean when ya look at others in tapout shirts etc; but guess what?….they look at us the same way (as they should lol).

vwr32

Re: Do you wear KM clothing outside of training?

quote \”katoe\:

OK, this may seem like an odd question but do you wear KM gear (shirts, pants, etc.) outside of class?

Not an odd question at all. Some people prefer to be in stealth mode and don’t announce their knowledge. I wear the shirts outside class and have yet to be either challenged or asked about it. Actually, class is where I don’t wear one lol. Don’t want to tear it up.

Hi, I had thought about this quite a bit. What I would do is buy two t-shirts, one for the gym because it will be sweat soaked, and a very smelly shirt from working out hard.

The another t-shirt is a clean, never worn to the gym t-shirt that I can wear with pride and of course, keeping in mind where I am, what my surroundings are like and using common-sense. I would not wear the t-shirt to parties where people are drunk etc. It is all a matter of safety and excersicing common-sense.

If you don’t feel comfortable wearing a Krav Maga t-shirt in public, then you can always buy a KM t-shirt for lounging around at home, just relaxing and reading a good book or working on your car or truck etc.

sflakrav1

I usually wear my Krav T-shirt to the gym quite a bit. So far I have had various people ask me about Krav. A couple of guys who knew about Krav and are training in other martial arts have come up to me and engaged me in some good conversation about MMA and Krav. I wear it with pride and confidence and I enjoy telling others about this great system. I usually tell them to try a class. (I don’t receive a commission for referrals). I just think its a great system

I also have to agree with the person who posted that there is always that one guy who is looking for a fight no matter if you are wearing the t-shirt or not. I have not had any challenges thus far by wearing the shirt.

kravjeff

Frequently. Never been challenged, but it has opened a lot of discussions wherein I’m able to direct folks to our school for training.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: